[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: [4.2] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Post by Cutmanmike »

Still a few bugs noted here that are yet to be fixed, but my current build has a long list of stuff I want to get out. Also arachnophobes rejoice, I've added an option to replace the spider sprites :)

• Wild Cards can no longer be permanent in Standard mode, and do not appear in Hardcore mode. They can still be permanent in other modes, and Custom Mode now has an option to disallow permanent wildcards.
  • Added 6 new cards.
  • Added 1 new wild card.
  • Added more information in the options menu.
  • Added an option to disable spider related sprites.
  • Oath to the Old God can no longer be offered as a permanent card unless you are 20+ cards into a run.
  • Exploding Spiders are now known as Exploding Critters.
  • Curse of Spiders renamed to Curse Of Decay.
  • Fixed Void Walk portals only functioning for the monster that created the portal.
  • Fixed not being able to continue playing if Hand of Baphomet was collected.
  • Fixed a crash with Abandon Timeline.
  • Fixed spiders getting stuck in walls.
  • Acquired Taste effect radius reduced by half.
  • Added an effect if an inverted gravity monster is walking on the sky.
  • Gravity Enchantment is no longer removed if the monster dies.
  • Pumpkin Bombs no longer effect keys.
  • Monsters can no longer be carried if they have a map special or a tid.
  • If you are offered a wild card but do not choose it, you will be able to find a another Wild Card in the next level.
  • After completing the game and accepting to restart with the current card collection, you will be offered cards again (even if ccards_allowreturnmaps is false).
  • Multiple cards can now be added to the Card Compendium if more than one was selected in a level.
Download
Rowsol

Re: [4.3] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Post by Rowsol »

Daedalus snuck in a bug report in case you missed it:
EDIT2: Nukes can sometimes kill players via voodoo dolls outside maps.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Code: Select all

CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 10: Class name TF_Tooltip already exists
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 95: Class name TF_TooltipOptionMenu already exists
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 213: Class name OptionMenuItemTooltipHolder already exists
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 224: Class name OptionMenuItemTooltip already exists
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 233: Class name OptionMenuItemTooltipGeometry already exists
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 256: Class name OptionMenuItemTooltipAppearance already exists
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 13: Unable to resolve Font as type.
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 13: Unable to resolve Font as type.
CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/external/libtooltipmenu/tooltipoptionmenu.zscript, line 10: Unable to resolve all fields for class TF_Tooltip

Execution could not continue.

9 errors, 0 warnings while compiling CorruptionCards-v4.3.pk3:zscript.txt
getting this error with 4.3
i'm gonna guess it's a clash with gunbonsai and libtooltipmenu

--EDIT--
oh, i fixed it by just unchecking libtooltipmenu while using 4.3... i'll report back if it breaks Gunbonsai
OK this is working fine by using CCards in place of libtooltipmenu
oh, also card tiers are still broken/broken again. at least when using "custom"
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Ok so i might just be blind but whatever happened to the multiplayer settings?
Did they get removed or moved somewhere?

Players take turns was good so was host geting to pick the card, now that everyone can pick on so before we even get to read if someone has already picked one, its fun dont get me wrong but would be nice to sill have the option right?

Edit;- So i went looking and found "Removed the multiplayer turn timer." in v2.1 does that also include who gets to pick the card as well?
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Vphurple Izumi wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:59 pm Ok so i might just be blind but whatever happened to the multiplayer settings?
currently host picks the mode and deck, host picks card 1. then it rotates players.
like if map01 you pick 2 cards but have 3 players. map02 will start with player 3, then circle back to host/player 1.

also, if a map has less cards offered than the amount of picks per level. it will pick them all in 1 click and rotate to the person who would have picked card 2 on the next map.
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Dan_The_Noob wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:51 am currently host picks the mode and deck, host picks card 1. then it rotates players.
like if map01 you pick 2 cards but have 3 players. map02 will start with player 3, then circle back to host/player 1.
Like i sad Players take turns is nice but sometimes my friends just spam click to get started some of them just suffer come decision fatigue and so on, so it would be nice to have the Host picks option back.
Hope its not too much to ask,but it was already there i think it should be easy enough to add back.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Seems I forgot to add it back in but the cvar still exists. Enable "ccards_choiceoption 1" on the console as the hosting player. It should still work but I haven't tested it since the UI remake.
DarkQuill

Post by DarkQuill »

If a golden/invincible monster is in range of a death that transforms monsters, they get changed and lose their golden status.

Not sure if it's a bug or left in as a "lucky break". I don't mind either way but just an fyi.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

polymorph curse, witching hour, miniboss gang and monster squad are some of the most fun cards added in a while.
the grenade spam update (4.2) was also fun though.
still not sure what frankenstein does, i saw it trigger once but the enemy died so fast i didnt notice a difference.
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Found a couple what I assume are bugs with Angry Bones, dunno if they've already been mentioned before.

When the card is picked with The Masquerade already in play, there are items that are supposed to be disguised monsters spawning in the map which can't be interacted with. They also float as shown in the video below when walls, platforms etc lower or raise. Another thing is with the Curse of Decay card, same run after picking Angry Bones, I'm not sure if the Critters are supposed to still show up but they did somehow, shown in the video too.
Spoiler:
I doubt the mods running (in description) are the cause as they're mostly cosmetic changes aside from the blood.

EDIT: Spotted something else, Small Companions that are affected with the Haunting Enchantment return as a normal sized monster. Not sure if intentional or not but thought I'd call it here anyway.
Last edited by Daedalus on Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

should maybe consider unhooking the tooltipmenu stuff for compatibility reasons. if 2 mods use the same thing they don't play so nicely together. i do appreciate the new tooltips though.

found an issue with the vessel card.
it has a chance to make boss enemies drop randomspawners
and those randomspawners have a chance of being the boss that is dropping them.
had a map with a cyberdemon, killing him drops 3 cyberdemons, which drop 3 cyberdemons, which drop 3 cyberdemons... and so on.
could be a fun wild-card idea, kleidoscope spawners.
but it's a bug for now.
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Minor suggestion on Angry Bones, make its pain "stun" last a little longer so it's more manageable to evade it, not just for it's attack but to open/close doors on it etc. I had it spawn again but this time in a map full of monsters and getting away from it is quite something. Luckily the map had a few places I could bail too (this didn't really help too much either way because of how aggressive it teleports when its active), but I can see it being a real problem on other maps.

Extremely brutal card, but fun.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I don't know if this is an oversight or not... I was playing Heretic with this, and I got the card that makes D'Sparil an assassin that spawns somewhere in every level. Turns out that every time you kill him, he wipes out all the monsters on the map. This turned my marathon with the cards incredibly easy. Is there a way to disable his death from erasing the entire map's population?
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Valherran wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:22 pm I don't know if this is an oversight or not... I was playing Heretic with this, and I got the card that makes D'Sparil an assassin that spawns somewhere in every level. Turns out that every time you kill him, he wipes out all the monsters on the map. This turned my marathon with the cards incredibly easy. Is there a way to disable his death from erasing the entire map's population?
LMFAO

found an issue where totem cards causing a co-op desync when the totem is dropped by an enemy. it happens seemingly randomly, so it's not high priority but still happens often enough to mention.
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Spoiler: Little bug on the card effect menu.
Only happens with the 31st card where it overlaps the current effects list, 32nd card has no issue and properly moves the list down to make space.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”