[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [4.2] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

stainedofmind wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:00 pm Minor request to have this put into the menudef, as it feels like a rather important option to have visible.
+1 to having return maps as a toggle.
also +1 for a gravity on skyboxes toggle... 3 options... off, on, gib/delete enemies on skybox >:]
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Rowsol wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:08 pm Please disable gravity invert on skyboxes.
I don't want to do this as it makes the card way less effective on maps with majority open skies. Is there a reason other than it looking aesthetically silly?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Cutmanmike wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:01 am
Rowsol wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:08 pm Please disable gravity invert on skyboxes.
I don't want to do this as it makes the card way less effective on maps with majority open skies. Is there a reason other than it looking aesthetically silly?
I just hate it, what else can I say. It's your mod so do what you want by all means, I'll just disable the card I guess.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Cutmanmike wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:01 am
In terms of visuals, i wonder if it would have a performance impact to have a flavor modification like the wings and jetpacks? maybe have an effect that that looks like a forcefield emitter above their feet, keeping them from flying away. Obviously it would have similar limitations to the other ones, but could at least address it with vanilla when people think it looks weird. I agree though that having it be completely disabled regarding skyboxes would make its impact negligible on some maps, personally i just wish there was a way to have it not bug out with deceptive heights to skyboxes being way higher or lower for whatever reason and not being able to see those changes (like storage facility in Evilution)
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

having a desync issue with the Night Totem card in co-op. is there a command to remove a card from the current cards?
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Easily the best gameplay mod going, by far. It's my goto for vanilla now.

The one and only gripe I have with it, that is, I've only done two map packs with it and currently midway through Plutonia, is that the card that gives mobs HP back on death which are nearby (Aquired Taste I think it was called) is a bit too strong. I rolled it on Ancient Aliens and now Plutonia and it really is just an ammo drain, especially when its combined with other specific cards. This is played on vanilla UV, strict rules / Chaos + Regular deck. Everything else I rolled, so far at least, is totally manageable.

Side note, Grace of Lilith card is extremely cursed and no sane person should ever pick it should they roll it.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Daedalus wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:20 pm Side note, Grace of Lilith card is extremely cursed and no sane person should ever pick it should they roll it.
I played a whole megawad with it. It was fun. NEVER AGAIN. :lol:
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Well I enjoyed this mod for a long time, then that new update added a spider-based card. (I knew the whole Halloween-themed cards would be bad for me, and I was right) And being a hardcore arachnophobe...yeah rip :(
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Yeah I'm definitely not a fan of any of the spider cards, and I'm not even arachnophobic. Might not be a bad idea to have a CVAR to remove them from decks if possible.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I would rather have a CVAR that replaces the spider sounds/sprites with something else for arachnophobes than making cvars to disable certain cards, it'll get messy as it's also possible to disable cards with the CCARDS lump.

Any ideas for a replacement creature/monster/robot?
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

How about robot spiders from DRLA? :)
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Still spiders, but now they look something like this:

Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Cutmanmike wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:15 am I would rather have a CVAR that replaces the spider sounds/sprites with something else for arachnophobes than making cvars to disable certain cards, it'll get messy as it's also possible to disable cards with the CCARDS lump.

If nothing better gets requested, they can always be 1/10th scale pinkies or something :)
stainedofmind

Post by stainedofmind »

Cutmanmike wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:15 am I would rather have a CVAR that replaces the spider sounds/sprites with something else for arachnophobes than making cvars to disable certain cards, it'll get messy as it's also possible to disable cards with the CCARDS lump.

Severed hands that creep around like Thing from Addams Family, so the annoying monsters from Blood 2 (maybe also Blood). Not sure what the analogue for the spider webs could be though... Sticky goo?
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Good news for Corruption Cards players who also happen to like Walpurgis!

I'm fixing the weirdness of the two mods interacting (mostly because Walp uses some fake monsters to handle spawners in some cases, which confuses CC) and adding a custom deck with custom artworks and monster groups to the next Walpurgis patch, 0.97, which is out in a few days.

As a bonus, its fully functional and pretty hilarious with Walp's Dimensional Instability mode.

You can check it out in latter part of this video:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”