Screen going black when loading a mod that has a hexen startup with sounds

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Cotton0309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Screen going black when loading a mod that has a hexen startup with sounds

Post by Cotton0309 »

Hello, I recently installed the latest version of GZDoom and this started to happen. When I load in a mod that has a hexen startup and uses sounds (Example: Endless Madness) Like a
loading tune or a sound effect that plays when it successfully loads the mod and I could play said mod. When it loads, the screen is just pitch black and I have to open either the load game,
or save game options on the main menu to fix the problem. This doesn't JUST happen with Endless Madness, it happens with DN3Doom, and Guncaster. However, the strange thing is that it doesn't do that
with hexen, strife, and my mod Spooky Scary Skeletons 2. I hope this issue gets fixed soon enough some day, as this is getting kind of annoying.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Screen going black when loading a mod that has a hexen startup with sounds

Post by wildweasel »

What is your video hardware, and operating system version?

Return to “Technical Issues”