[MAP JAM WITH PRIZE] Hakros Pattern Editor

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hakrosinteractive
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

[MAP JAM WITH PRIZE] Hakros Pattern Editor

Post by hakrosinteractive »

https://itch.io/jam/hakros-pattern-editor-jam

Hi everyone, I recently published a program (Hakros Pattern Editor) to create texture patterns.

These textures patterns can be used in the creation of maps of doom and is available here in the community.
I am currently organizing a JAM for creating maps using textures created with my program.

viewtopic.php?p=1228454

The JAM is organized on the Itch.io website and will be active from October 1, 2022 to October 1, 2023.

During one year you can participate in the JAM publishing your map (Only one submission is allowed by user).

What I earn is publicity for my program and what you can win is a prize of €100, €200 or €300.

If you are interested in participating, I encourage you to read the rules before presenting yourself, since those submissions that do not comply with them will not be eligible for the prize.

RULES
  • The PWAD must be a short 3 level mapset or a bigger single map.
  • FORMAT: You can use any map format, although it will be tested with GZDoom so it must be compatible with this engine.
  • You must publish a public video on youtube or twitch showing the creation of the different combinations of textures made with my app Hakros Pattern Editor, it is necessary to include at least 30 custom textures or patterns created mixing textures from my textures pack HakrosTex.
  • You can also include standard textures or other texture packs but you need to use at least 30 custom textures.
  • The submission date will start on October 1, 2022 and the deadline will be October 1, 2023
  • Only one submission is allowed by user.
  • It is necessary to be registered in the doomworld community forum, zdoom forum or doomerboards forum and indicate your nickname when uploading the mapset.
  • After the participation period and after a period to analyze those maps presented, the winners will be announced on these forums.
SPECIAL RULES​ FOR COLLABORATION
  • If you want to create a collaboration map, you can do it.​
  • In the submission, complete the form, adding the different nicknames separated with commas.​
  • The prize will be divided equally between the different collaborators, so everyone must have a paypal account.​
KEY POINTS

Different factors will be taken into account, including:
  • The level design (architecture, and textures application).
  • The illumination.
  • The gameplay.
Optionally you can add music and custom sounds although they will not influence the choice of the winner.

PRIZES

There are 3 prizes available.
  • €300 for first place
  • €200 for second place
  • €100 for third place

This reward will be sent by Paypal so you need to have an account to receive the prize.

I will announce the winners through the doomworld community once the results are out (After the deadline and review period) (approximately before December 31, 2023) and I will contact them to send them the reward.

SPECIAL TOOLS NEEDED

You can download my app Hakros Pattern Editor from here:

https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-pattern-editor

You will need also my textures pack HakrosTex (with 36.000 realistic material textures files) from download section, to included it in the app you must also download the 'hakrostex.dat' file (from the download section) and imported it into the app.

If you want to combine other textures pack you will need to imported them as well.

LIMIT OF PARTICIPANTS

There is no limit of participants, although there is a required minimum of 30 submissions, so if the minimum is not reached, the deadline will be postponed to meet this requirement.

QUESTIONS

If you have any doubts publish them here at the official thread of doomworld community website or in the community tab in jam itch.io page.

Greetings and good luck.
Last edited by hakrosinteractive on Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
hakrosinteractive

Re: [MAP JAM WITH PRIZE] Hakros Pattern Editor

5 days to start, although you can join it just now !
hakrosinteractive

The time has come.
You have one year to present your projects.
Good luck to everyone :-D !!
hakrosinteractive

Hi guys, i've updated the rule about the format.
  • The PWAD must be a short 3 level mapset or a bigger single map
  • FORMAT: You can use any map format, although it will be tested with GZDoom so it must be compatible with this engine.
Greetings.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

hakrosinteractive wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:40 pm
  • After the participation period and after a period to analyze those maps presented, the winners will be announced on the doomworld community website.
  • The submission date will start on October 1, 2022 and the deadline will be October 1, 2023
  • It is necessary to be registered in the doomworld community forum and indicate your nickname when uploading the mapset.
Why not the ZDoom forum as well?
Some excellent mappers will never participate on Doomworld and so be left in the lurch.
hakrosinteractive

Kappes Buur wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:32 pm ...
Why not the ZDoom forum as well?
Some excellent mappers will never participate on Doomworld and so be left in the lurch.
You're right so....
Now, is necessary to be registered in the doomworld community forumzdoom forum or doomerboards forum and indicate your nickname when uploading the mapset. 8-) !!
hakrosinteractive

Hi guys, new rules for collaboration !

SPECIAL RULES​ FOR COLLABORATION
  • If you want to create a collaboration map, you can do it.​
  • In the submission, complete the form, adding the different nicknames separated with commas.​
  • The prize will be divided equally between the different collaborators, so everyone must have a paypal account.​
hakrosinteractive

bump

Return to “Levels”