[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Exibius
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [4.0] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Post by Exibius »

I've never had a thin piece of virtual cardboard kick my ass as much as this does. I love it. I religiously use this, compendium randomizer, and drlax as my CMM toppings in my load order. Can never have enough CMM in your life. It's like a daily vitamin supplement or something.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

I tried Master mode... hiding the effects seems a little redundant as a lot of cards are already relatively hard to notice the effects.
having wild cards added every X maps would be a cool base setting for the whole mod though.
maybe have master mode give card effects to all enemies or something.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

I have created a google sheet if anyone wants to contribute to translating this mod. I understand this would be a huge undertaking for anyone, so perhaps consider just translating the short card descriptions and menu options first if you want to have a stab at it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

Can I suggest a "Matryoshka Curse"?
After killing one enemy another one (smaller copy) gonna appear and it gonna continue total 5 or 6 times.
At the end last enemy gonna be very tiny (both size and HP with DMG).

P.S.: I want to start to working on the Russian translation sheet. Do I need to copy yours and then edit it?
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Cutmanmike wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:49 pm I have created a google sheet if anyone wants to contribute to translating this mod. I understand this would be a huge undertaking for anyone, so perhaps consider just translating the short card descriptions and menu options first if you want to have a stab at it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
There's an issue with that: some important strings are hardcoded. Such as "and its species" and "group" (both in the same function), and there might be others too. Is it possible to move them into language lump too?

On unrelated topic: what's the exact meaning of small icons on cards? I know they generally match "global events" and "player effects" and "curses" and "monster enhancements" (two or three different icons for those) and "deck manipulation", but I can't understand what's the big difference between e.g. "recycle essence" (faceless lost soul icon) and "necrokinesis" (demon head icon).
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

RastaManGames wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:31 pmP.S.: I want to start to working on the Russian translation sheet. Do I need to copy yours and then edit it?
Yeah copying it then reuploading it is safe to do.
worldendDominator wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:23 amThere's an issue with that: some important strings are hardcoded. Such as "and its species" and "group" (both in the same function), and there might be others too. Is it possible to move them into language lump too?

On unrelated topic: what's the exact meaning of small icons on cards? I know they generally match "global events" and "player effects" and "curses" and "monster enhancements" (two or three different icons for those) and "deck manipulation", but I can't understand what's the big difference between e.g. "recycle essence" (faceless lost soul icon) and "necrokinesis" (demon head icon).
Oops, I just forgot to expose those to the LANGUAGE lump.

The icons were to give some categorization to the effects of cards for visual flair + the possibility of cards changing the generator algorithm (you will get more Trap cards next map, etc) but ultimately it never went anywhere.
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

"Oath to the Old God" has not two lines under it, but only one. I guess that something isn't right.
P.S.: Yes. There is "CARD" and "HINT" lines, but not "DESC" one...
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Fixed
MsrSgtShooterPerson
Location: Lost in the procedural infinite hells and I'm fine with that.

Post by MsrSgtShooterPerson »

Hey Mike! Just wanted to report that CCards crashed after some time having defeated the Angry Bones card skeleton - looks like a sort of check was still trying to happen but the monster is long gone from the map:

I'm playing with a lot of mods but nothing that should alter death states of actors (outside of Zagemod)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I don't think that's supposed to happen. The thinker counter keeps going up for some reason. I'm playing with CCards 4.0 with Legion, EDay (MAP05), with the following cards:
Spoiler:
Not sure what other info to give. Changemap-ing to the same map does not reproduce the issue so it's probably a one off thing. Still, figured I'd report it just in case.
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

I noticed something weird. When I run this with any mod that has tracers, like the Burst SMG from Netronian Chaos for example or like the effects from Rampancy (Specifically the Dreadnought's laser attack) the framerate massively drops.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

I know it will probably break the balance or something. but would it be possible to adjust the card load-order?

Currently, alot of effects and things just skip summoned, cloned, miniatures etc.

would it be possible to change the order to something more like:
-Environment cards
-Summon card
-Clone card
-Miniature/mini-me card
-Upgrade/Science effects cards
-Curse cards

so that "horde" focussed decks can take a bigger effect sooner etc. and curses/miniature army can affect mini-me's and things.
molecicco

Post by molecicco »

I found an bug with the Blood Shift card: if the map only has one type of enemy, the game will freeze in an infinite loop while it is trying to search for monsters of a different class.
Deon

Post by Deon »

Greetings, I am using GZDOOM, and noticed a card that says "NON-ZDOOM DETECTED. PLEASE START IN REGULAR ZDOOM." It's Grace of Lilith. Will I be safe just ignoring this card, and do I get it right that in ZDOOM I would be better with this mod?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Deon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:21 pm Greetings, I am using GZDOOM, and noticed a card that says "NON-ZDOOM DETECTED. PLEASE START IN REGULAR ZDOOM." It's Grace of Lilith. Will I be safe just ignoring this card, and do I get it right that in ZDOOM I would be better with this mod?
Its a bit of a reference to the original mod that the card was inspired by, the weird corruptions and warnings are completely intentional, so don't worry its safe :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”