Certain console messages getting read as text to speech?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
vilidity

Certain console messages getting read as text to speech?

Post by vilidity »

Sorry, I've tried googling this and I've search the menus up and down and can't find anything! Is there an option to turn off the text to speech that randomly tells me I've picked up a piece of armor or when all the monsters are dead?

I'm using the latest GZdoom 4.8.2
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Certain console messages getting read as text to speech?

Post by wildweasel »

>when all the monsters are dead

If i remember correctly, this is a feature of Auto Auto Save, and the setting to disable it is in that mod's settings menus.
vilidity

Re: Certain console messages getting read as text to speech?

Post by vilidity »

i'm so glad you picked up on that specific phrase. i thought my game was haunted. thanks!

Return to “Technical Issues”