A_Overlays and HUD Weapon Models [SOLVED]

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Exosphere

A_Overlays and HUD Weapon Models [SOLVED]

Post by Exosphere »

I have been attempting to try and integrate some kind of muzzle flash for my weapons, which are 3D models. I have heard from this post that it is possible to use overlays with models, but I have no idea how I would set that up for a muzzle flash. Or am I misreading/misinterpreting the thread?

The only reason I am pursuing this method is because the only other possible method of having muzzle flashes with Weapon HUD models is to either integrate a muzzle flash model into the weapon model (despite the fact I have no way of positioning the muzzle flash model to the front of the gun) or directly modeling the muzzle flash onto the gun (but would require having to essentially remodel all of my guns to accommodate the muzzle flash mesh.)

If anyone could point me in the right direction (with code) of how to accomplish this, it would be greatly appreciated.

This issue has been solved

Return to “Scripting”