Universal AI amplifier (technically unnamed AI mod)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Willytor
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Universal AI amplifier (technically unnamed AI mod)

Post by Willytor »

check the github the project hasnt been abandoned theres still commits being made (aka someone's still working on it) as recently as 15 days ago
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

Willytor wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:32 pm check the github the project hasnt been abandoned theres still commits being made (aka someone's still working on it) as recently as 15 days ago
Thanks for the heads-up, i didn't even know. I wonder why the thread never got news about the updates unofficial or not? 🤔
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

Whoops. Sorry. Don't see the date. I only see the last comments.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Willytor wrote: check the github the project hasnt been abandoned theres still commits being made (aka someone's still working on it) as recently as 15 days ago
I actually checked the commits, and that is the only update in 2022. The commit previous was from 2019, so I guess they're just now coming back to it or considering it?
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

mamaluigisbagel wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:40 am
Willytor wrote: check the github the project hasnt been abandoned theres still commits being made (aka someone's still working on it) as recently as 15 days ago
I actually checked the commits, and that is the only update in 2022. The commit previous was from 2019, so I guess they're just now coming back to it or considering it?
Well lets hope they do as this has potential
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

That was a technical update, so no actual game related changes. One dude showed interest to it aka "how it works" without showing interest in studying graph theory, so I added some debug functionality so he can look how it works in real time.

TBH it should be rewritten in most places from scratch, because currently it didnt work with famous plutonia archvile labyrinth, map 11. I will looks what I can do if you want.
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

Apeirogon wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:16 pm That was a technical update, so no actual game related changes. One dude showed interest to it aka "how it works" without showing interest in studying graph theory, so I added some debug functionality so he can look how it works in real time.

TBH it should be rewritten in most places from scratch, because currently it didnt work with famous plutonia archvile labyrinth, map 11. I will looks what I can do if you want.
I would love any updates you can do to this, even a partial re-write as you say might spark some more movement with this mod, as the boost it does give is pretty fantastic couple this with whatever tricks you can think of and learned code since you started on it, while keeping inline with the universal compatibility and you'll have an explosion of people using it like nashgore lol

Look forward to seeing more hopefully :wub:
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

this mod is cool but it breaks the AI in most replacement mods, brutal doom imps for example tend to path toward zombies and maul them or try to leap and melee rather than fireball (even from a distance)

things like that.

the pathfinding part is good, but the changes to enemy attacks need some fiddling (I know this mod is 2 years old, this is more of a PSA)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”