Scalliano Shuffle GOLD! V1.4 (2024 Update)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
XASSASSINX

Scalliano Shuffle GOLD! V1.4 (2024 Update)

Post by XASSASSINX »

image got a bit degraded lol
Scalliano Shuffle GOLD
Created originally by Doom User Scalliano, inspired by VDP-Monster Randomizer, by Plynthus.

Scalliano Shuffle GOLD is a personal remake i've been working on for quite some time now with breaks, and it is a increment to the original, somewhat known, Scalliano Shuffle monster and weapon randomizer mod you can find in this forum. It has not been updated as far as i know, and after a quick chat with Scalliano about this, i've decided to post the first, stable(-ish) version of it, as i'm satisfied with it and i would like to get some feedback regarding the balance and gameplay of it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Changelog V1.4 (03/30/24)
Spoiler:
Todos:
Spoiler:
Why should i play this instead of the original?

Good question! there are ALOT of new things i've been adding and changed compared to the original version, the most important ones that cross my mind:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
These are all things that came to my mind as i was typing this post, it was a dumb mistake of mine to not write down as i was making the mod, but oh well!

Screenshots to prove this is a mod and not an IP-Logger:
Spoiler:
Special thanks and credits

Special thanks, obviously, for Scalliano for giving me permission to post this mod, Plythuns, creator of VDP-Randomizer (which gave me the idea to make a menu like the one in his mod, absolutely play it if you can), Jarewill, true homie, he has basically carried me here on how to make the ZScript and basic ACS code that really helps this mod (seriously, MY code is horrendous, especially the upgrade system, its all in DECORATE, pretty spaghetti stuff), and thanks for all the other unnamed folk here that has helped me with minor (or not so minor) code related stuff, and of course, all the credits for the sprite makers is in the mod itself, alongside (by request of Scalliano) is the ITINERARY.txt, which contains credits for other older stuff as well.

And the actual download itself!

Below is the actual .rar package, it contains 4 files, the original mod with everything inside, a MONSTERS Only file, so you can play this with say, Combined Arms (it's really fun, try some combinations yourself), and a WEAPONS Only file (and because the upgrade box system is really simple script, it works with custom monsters!), which can be useful if you wanna play normal vanilla monsters or an even harder randomizer, say, colorfull hell (its a blast too).

I hope you have as much fun as i've had making this mod!! and yes, this is the first ititeration, i definetly have more plans for this, but i will wait for your guys feedback.

So, what are you waiting for? without further ado...

LETS SHUFFLE!!
Last edited by XASSASSINX on Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:11 pm, edited 15 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Scalliano Shuffle GOLD! V1.0

Post by wildweasel »

Special thanks, obviously, for Scalliano for giving me permission to post this mod
Excellent. 👍
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

XASSASSINX wrote:a MONSTERS Only file, so you can play this with say, Combined Arms (it's really fun, try some combinations yourself)
Bless you kind sir. <3

Scalliano's Shuffle was the first shuffle mod that actually clicked with me so to see this get an update is a treat. :D I'll give it a spin as soon as I'm able (between work and my backlog it might take a while tho :p).
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Scalliano's Shuffle was the first shuffle mod that actually clicked with me so to see this get an update is a treat. :D I'll give it a spin as soon as I'm able (between work and my backlog it might take a while tho :p).
that's pretty sweet, no hurry obviously, but i'm curious to see what you think!!
Armage

Re: Scalliano Shuffle GOLD! V1.2

Post by Armage »

Hi!

Wow, Scalliano Shuffle Gold with new monsters, weapons and more? Very nice!

The only problem is not running on LZDoom, and i have last version and many other mods works in it.

Can you make this mod compatible with LZDoom, please please :D ?

Thanks for your attention and waiting for your response.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Hi, from what i've seen, this problem is happening because i'm using ZScript 4.8.0 (almost the last version), seems like LZDoom only supports 4.6.1 though, to be fair my mod only uses a little bit of zscripting for a few things like the box spawner script (which is pretty simple). Also, the other reason it crashes is because of a flag i added to all monsters that allow them to target friendly monsters intially (this was also added in 4.8.0)

So these are both things i would have to remove and change to make it Lzdoom compatible, you can probably do it yourself if you know a little bit of modding, just curious though, may i ask why do you use Lzdoom? perfomance is better or?
Armage

Post by Armage »

XASSASSINX wrote:Hi, from what i've seen, this problem is happening because i'm using ZScript 4.8.0 (almost the last version), seems like LZDoom only supports 4.6.1 though, to be fair my mod only uses a little bit of zscripting for a few things like the box spawner script (which is pretty simple). Also, the other reason it crashes is because of a flag i added to all monsters that allow them to target friendly monsters intially (this was also added in 4.8.0)

So these are both things i would have to remove and change to make it Lzdoom compatible, you can probably do it yourself if you know a little bit of modding, just curious though, may i ask why do you use Lzdoom? perfomance is better or?
Hum, i understand. I don't know this, about ZScript differences between versions.

In my case i'm using because my old notebook only runs LZDoom or Zandronum. And i don't have money to buy a most recent machine.

If i try use GZDoom, example 4.7.1, i have an very slow gameplay, lol.

And with LZDoom i can run many mods working to the GZDoom, like Colourful Hell, recent version of Corruption Cards and so on.

But i can't run many mods together. If i try run Champion Monsters + Legendoom (Lite too) i have constant slowdowns, or in some cases, freeze.

I already try put LZDoom in worst resolutions and disable many resources but i get slowdowns. So i use less mods together, or light mods.

Example, in Brutal Doom (any version), i can't use with Corruption Cards, because slowdowns. So i use Brutal Doom with some other mods and i get 15-20 fps. If i try run with Corruption Cards i get 5-10 fps.

But now, in Zandronum is different. I run GodComplex, a fork of Complex Doom, or other versions of Complex Doom, with many monsters, weapons, items... and run very well, 20-30 fps.

I downloaded Scalliano Shuffle Remix before, and this version runs here, but don't is this most recent version, Gold v1.2.

So this is the story, lol, of how i run Doom here with mods.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

In my case i'm using because my old notebook only runs LZDoom or Zandronum. And i don't have money to buy a most recent machine.
Ah man, that sucks. Though like i said, this should be pretty easy to fix manually. Do you have discord or? Giving support on a message board like this is kinda annoying, i can send there a way to manually change this, cuz uploading an entire new version for LzDoom would be a bit annoying everytime.
Armage

Post by Armage »

XASSASSINX wrote:
Ah man, that sucks. Though like i said, this should be pretty easy to fix manually. Do you have discord or? Giving support on a message board like this is kinda annoying, i can send there a way to manually change this, cuz uploading an entire new version for LzDoom would be a bit annoying everytime.
And i forgot to say, my machine don't run opengl 3.2. This is the why GZDoom don't run here too.

Yeah, it's very bad :/
Cygnus1337
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Scalliano Shuffle GOLD! V1.3

Post by Cygnus1337 »

Hi i have problem one of your files named "ScallianoGold_WEAPONSOnly.pk3". The pistol is infinite bullets and doesn't waste of ammo, except other weapons aren't affected at all.
Exibius
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Exibius »

Cygnus1337 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:14 am Hi i have problem one of your files named "ScallianoGold_WEAPONSOnly.pk3". The pistol is infinite bullets and doesn't waste of ammo, except other weapons aren't affected at all.
I very rarely use these forums, but also here to report that's not the only issue I found. Found out that the grenade launcher also has issues where you're able to still fire it when you're out of ammo.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

I very rarely use these forums, but also here to report that's not the only issue I found. Found out that the grenade launcher also has issues where you're able to still fire it when you're out of ammo.
Me too lol, i'm surprised someone is even commenting here in fact. I've actually been working on this mod for the past year or two occasionally, i might post this newer version here if anyone cares about it enough.
stainedofmind

Post by stainedofmind »

XASSASSINX wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am
i might post this newer version here if anyone cares about it enough.
Not that my opinion means much, but you have my vote for this!
Exibius
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Exibius »

XASSASSINX wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 amI've actually been working on this mod for the past year or two occasionally, i might post this newer version here if anyone cares about it enough.
Yeah, that would definitely be nice. This and Pandemonia seem to behave the best running alongside gun bonsai with it, too; DRLA has a modpack bug, and Legendoom has a rapid fire bug.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Yeah, that would definitely be nice. This and Pandemonia seem to behave the best running alongside gun bonsai with it, too; DRLA has a modpack bug, and Legendoom has a rapid fire bug.
Alright, you wouldn't mind just uploading the full version, right? The weapons and monsters only version i halted progress because i wanted to finish the main one first before making a stable version of weapon and monsters only.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”