Any map packs fully designed for jumping, crouching, etc?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Any map packs fully designed for jumping, crouching, etc?

Post by Panzermann11 »

I'm looking for map packs that are designed for GZDoom's features such as jumping, crouching, swimming, and more while still keeping compatibility with weapon and monster packs. Any reccomendations or suggestions?
RKD

Re: Any map packs fully designed for jumping, crouching, etc

Post by RKD »

The only one I can think of right now is BD map pack "Extermination Day" (previously known as "Hell on Earth Starter Pack"). Not sure how compatible it is with monsters pack, though, I haven't checked that one in a long time. It's available on ModDB (my bad, it is not).

I remember looking for maps like that (requiring jumping, crouching, etc) some years ago. I guess there are not as many megawads but you can find single maps (like Diabolus Ex) or 1-episode packs.
Last edited by RKD on Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

RKD wrote:The only one I can think of right now is BD map pack "Extermination Day" (previously known as "Hell on Earth Starter Pack"). Not sure how compatible it is with monsters pack, though, I haven't checked that one in a long time. It's available on ModDB.

I remember looking for maps like that (requiring jumping, crouching, etc) some years ago. I guess there are not as many megawads but you can find single maps (like Diabolus Ex) or 1-episode packs.
Extermination Day? Huh, that's not it since it features custom enemies, and I don't think they'll go well with custom enemy mods.
RKD

Post by RKD »

There are some alternate versions of HoESP that aim at making it more mod-friendly if you google enough (like vanilla-improver or this bug-fix). Keep in mind I haven't tested any of them.

As I said before, your other option are single maps or 1-episode replacements, as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully, someone else can give better recommendations. :lol:
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

There are versions of Ashes 2063 & Afterglow that are meant to be compatible with gameplay mods. They're called "sterilized".
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I don't know if Bryan's Redux was intentionally build for jumping but
there are certainly spots in the map where you have to jump or be stuck.

Return to “General”