[v2.00] Buckshootin' Season: Benellus' Gift Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMPiter

[v2.00] Buckshootin' Season: Benellus' Gift Update

Post by DOOMPiter »

Many of you already know how most Gameplay Mods are. SMGS, Pistols, Assault Rifles, Splash Damagers, Plasma Rifles, BFGS and... Shotguns.
So, in a plain damn week i just thought: "Hey, What could go wrong if i made AN ENTIRE DAMN GAMEPLAY MOD that only had shotguns in your arsenal... Aside your trusty Brass Knuckles?" And there ya' go, WELCOME TO BUCKSHOOTIN' SEASON, WHERE ONLY VARIATIONS OF 12 GAUGE AMMUNITION RULES!

But enough Chit-Chat, here's your arsenal list:
Spoiler: A bit... Long? It ain't too long, but you get it.
Now, About those Screenshots i owed ya...
Spoiler: Screenshootin'.
Changelogging? That's new...
Spoiler: Changelogs
If you are wondering, yes, THERE IS a credits text-lump inside the mod, so incase you ever want to see "who made what" assets that appear in the mod, check it out!
Buckshootin' Season v1.14
Buckshootin' Season v1.08
Buckshootin' Season v1.0 (Pre-Balance Changes)
[v1.05] Hexedretic Expansion DLC
Last edited by DOOMPiter on Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [v1.0] Buckshootin' Season: Shotguns and Even More Shotg

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Hey now, come on... Comparing the AA-12 to the Jackhammer is kind of an insult. :roll:
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Heh, two awesome shotgun-only themed mods released only a few days apart, must the blessed season of Benellus or something.
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

Great mod with some cool weapons, however i do think that the firing sound for the Wste-M55 is a bit too silent compared to the other weapons.
DOOMPiter

Post by DOOMPiter »

RaiderX wrote:Great mod with some cool weapons, however i do think that the firing sound for the Wste-M55 is a bit too silent compared to the other weapons.
The WSTE-M5's sounds are directly taken from Marathon, and even then they are still pretty damn silent there, too... Can't do much other than manually increasing the volume of the sound in Audacity.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

DOOMPiter wrote:
RaiderX wrote:Great mod with some cool weapons, however i do think that the firing sound for the Wste-M55 is a bit too silent compared to the other weapons.
The WSTE-M5's sounds are directly taken from Marathon, and even then they are still pretty damn silent there, too... Can't do much other than manually increasing the volume of the sound in Audacity.
I've been dabbling in sound editing and learned that 'Effect -> Normalize' in Audacity will automatically make the sound effect the perfect universal volume with no distortion or damage to the sound. Later you can tweak it volume in SNDINFO to adjust.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

so this is what shotgun heaven is like? hahaha. i'm curious to see how the weapons are like in this mod
DOOMPiter

v1.08 Update Annoucement

Post by DOOMPiter »

New version, along with a unexpected piece of DLC.
RaiderX

Re: [v1.08] Buckshootin' Season: Shotguns and More Shotguns!

Post by RaiderX »

The altfire on the "Fudd"ge Hunting Shotgun" makes the monsters wake up even when fully loaded.
DOOMPiter

Re: [v1.08] Buckshootin' Season: Shotguns and More Shotguns!

Post by DOOMPiter »

RaiderX wrote:The altfire on the "Fudd"ge Hunting Shotgun" makes the monsters wake up even when fully loaded.
Whoops, i should probably take a look at that tomorrow... After all, School's a bitch.
DOOMPiter

v1.14 + DLC v1.05 Update Annoucement

Post by DOOMPiter »

Whoop-dee-doo, here's another update with a few minor improvements to make both the standard Gameplay mod and the DLC a bit more better polished.
DOOMPiter

Benellus has left a little gift...

Post by DOOMPiter »

This got updated again? Hmm... Hey, what is this?

...Seems to have been signed by someone named Benellus... What could this be...?

P.S. There was a small fuck-up with the Shellbomb's powered-up form.
RaiderX

Re: [v2.00] Buckshootin' Season: Benellus' Gift Update

Post by RaiderX »

Played through the update.Really nice Power Up, but i have to ask: What changes does it bring to the Spas-12 and the Explosive Coach-gun.I didn't seem to notice any.
DOOMPiter

Re: [v2.00] Buckshootin' Season: Benellus' Gift Update

Post by DOOMPiter »

RaiderX wrote:Played through the update.Really nice Power Up, but i have to ask: What changes does it bring to the Spas-12 and the Explosive Coach-gun.I didn't seem to notice any.
The SPAS-12 wasn't given one due to me forgetting to give it one, but the Explosive Coach-Gun now explodes into shrapnel (Behavior requested by LossForWords) that forces enemies to feel pain.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”