[SOLVED]Brightmaps GLDEF help??

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brightmaps GLDEF help??

Post by phantombeta »

Looks like another case of the "top level folder eradicator" not accounting for something. It has the same cause as this bug, meaning an exception for the "brightmaps" folder needs to be added.
Dan_The_Noob

Re: Brightmaps GLDEF help??

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Blue Shadow wrote:Hmm... GZDoom 4.7.x seems to fail to detect the brightmaps if they're placed in brightmaps/auto, which is something 4.6.1 had no trouble with, but it can detect them if they're placed in materials/brightmaps/auto (<--- this is a new auto path that was introduced at a later point).
thanks, this fixed it. wiki might need update i guess.
Enjay

Re: [SOLVED]Brightmaps GLDEF help??

Post by Enjay »

So, is this still a bug in 4.7.1 (and more importantly 4.8 pre) or is using the materials folder the fix?

i.e. is GZDoom meant to read "brightmaps/auto" or not?
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

Enjay wrote:So, is this still a bug in 4.7.1 (and more importantly 4.8 pre) or is using the materials folder the fix?

i.e. is GZDoom meant to read "brightmaps/auto" or not?
It is a bug in 4.7.x:
phantombeta wrote:Looks like another case of the "top level folder eradicator" not accounting for something. It has the same cause as this bug, meaning an exception for the "brightmaps" folder needs to be added.
If you add another folder or a file in the root of the PK3, it'll load with "brightmaps/auto".
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Is the bug officially known about for 4.7.x (i.e. has it been reported in the bugs forum) because the thread you linked to indicated that it was fixed when 4.6.0 was current?
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

That report is for the "filter" folder. GZDoom checks for specific folder names that should be considered as exceptions to the single-folder-in-root removal system. The "brightmaps" folder needs to be added to this array; As you can see, "materials" is already there, but not "brightmaps".
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, so that will be an easy enough fix - provided it has been reported. After a quick search, I can't find a bug report for it though. Is the dev team aware of the need to add the folder to the array? If not, it won't happen.

Return to “Scripting”