Weapons Without Hand Sprites

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
JossTheFox

Weapons Without Hand Sprites

Post by JossTheFox »

Hey everyone! I have no idea if this is the right place for this, so please tell me if there's a better place I could put this.
So I've posted quite a few questions on these forums to help with a project I've been working on. I'm not quite ready to reveal what the project is, but I do have a few questions for whoever sees this.
In the project, you play as someone other than Doomguy who has no hands and is using magic to levitate their weapons. The questions I have are:
1) I'd like to include some custom weapons for this, and Realm667 is where I've been finding these weapons. My question is, and I really doubt anyone would know this on here, is there some rule there against editing the sprites included in the downloads? I looked and couldn't find one, but I'd like to be sure before I commit to anything.
2) I am, by no means, an artist and anything I make looks about as good as dog shit. So, is there anyone on here who would be willing to help me by removing the hands from the weapons, and potentially drawing anything that was hidden under them?
FFFF-RRRR

Re: Weapons Without Hand Sprites

Post by FFFF-RRRR »

I doubt anybody is gonna have a problem when you edit sprites from R667. Not many of them are 100% original assets that do not derive from any other game or work.
jaffa

Post by jaffa »

I definitely found these kinds of assets here:
https://retrostylegames.com/art-portfolio/freebies/
Look it up, I can't find it on my computer.
RickDangerous
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by RickDangerous »

Doing a little thread hijacking here but I was wondering. Do I remember correctly that Humble Bundle had assets bundle a while ago? And those included Doom assets as well or at least some that could have been used here? I am trying to find the said bundle but I come empty handed what makes me think that I was mistaken all along.
JossTheFox

Post by JossTheFox »

FFFF-RRRR wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:57 am I doubt anybody is gonna have a problem when you edit sprites from R667. Not many of them are 100% original assets that do not derive from any other game or work.
Alright, I'll go ahead with the Realm667 edits, then. Thanks!

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”