[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

Plus, the color scheme kinda reminds me of ol' days when we made Bruiser version of everything.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

osjclatchford wrote:
ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:got this done by drdryspy and tinkered by me
I couldnt resist editing this badboy!
here is the result:
[img https://i.ibb.co/hKCtLWM/OSJC-zombieman ... ts.png/img]
altered stock, boltpull added, added 'uac' lettering under rear sight, eriance muzzleflash (matches other weapons I'm using it with) altered the 'idle' and 'firing' centred sprites to look less overly tall (twas pretty damn huge before), hands added, altered pickup sprite and new frames for 'bolt-pull' anim implemented...

its better with some tweaks to the offsets, so for those interested/too lazy to cut it all out heres a zip with the sprites as intended:
osjc_zm_rifle_edits.zip
Also, I must just say, I fell in love with this thing the moment you posted it.
I love how its got visual references to M16, g36, sig sg550, SLR and even an m41a pulserifle yet its STILL obviously the zombieman rifle. obviously thats also down to its rad bright-steel finish!
its an every-gun that gives no allusions to its purpose.
Its like the uac thought whats all the best things from every assaultrifle we can think of and put them all in one bad-ass 90's package!

you and Drdryspy have done an astounding job.
i can say i agree with ya but you missed one. its the carry handle based off the indonesian SSP pinidad rifle
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Captain J wrote:
RottAngledSpriteProjectPreview.PNG
EDIT: A preview of some sprite sheet i'm working on. Trying to Modernize, Improve and Angle-ify all the existing RoTT Firearms. This certainly will take a butt load of time but soon will upload the full sprite sheet.

Credit goes to 3D Realms, DenisBelmondo, Untrustable, HazeBandicoot and Blox!
Best of luck, Captain.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote: i can say i agree with ya but you missed one. its the carry handle based off the indonesian SSP pinidad rifle
oh, yeah.
I always overlook the pinidad.
however, surely you mean the pinidad ss2? I'm honest enough to admit I'm not familiar with the ssp but the ss1 has no carry handle sight...
afaik, that wasnt introduced till the ss2.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

osjclatchford wrote:you and Drdryspy have done an astounding job.
I'm not sure why it hasn't been edited by now since it's been pointed out elsewhere already, but this was made by DrPyspy, not Drdryspy (who is presumably a dehydrated version of Pyspy). Since this rifle will probably be used quite a bit, I'd recommend editing your posts and credits out of consideration to the original author.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

lols, I knew of course it must have been ol' DrPyspy and had a good old chuckle to myself at Drdryspy!
I thought it was funny to say "you and drdryspy" to continue the joke. As I figured evryone round here knows who DrPyspy is.
However, its true, that's not exactly fair to DrPyspy in the longrun, as not everyone will know who DrPyspy is or realise that I'm joking gently at ThrashfanBert1994's expense, for that matter.
Thus; I've changed it on my end... :lol:
ThrashfanBert1994

osjclatchford wrote:lols, I knew of course it must have been ol' DrPyspy and had a good old chuckle to myself at Drdryspy!
I thought it was funny to say "you and drdryspy" to continue the joke. As I figured evryone round here knows who DrPyspy is.
However, its true, that's not exactly fair to DrPyspy in the longrun, as not everyone will know who DrPyspy is or realise that I'm joking gently at ThrashfanBert1994's expense, for that matter.
be ready, i might commisson him again for the new and improved smg and garand, based off the old ones from the alpha weapons, i can assure you and those who worked on doom alpha mods will get a surprise
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:
osjclatchford wrote:lols, I knew of course it must have been ol' DrPyspy and had a good old chuckle to myself at Drdryspy!
be ready, i might commisson him again for the new and improved smg and garand, based off the old ones from the alpha weapons, i can assure you and those who worked on doom alpha mods will get a surprise
sounds extremely promising ;)
ThrashfanBert1994

osjclatchford wrote:
ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:
sounds extremely promising ;)
yea, for now, hes taken about 3 slots, hes a bit busy for now
Bjecinst
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bjecinst »

decided i was tired of having non high-res weapon pickup sprites in my mod, so im working on making replacements, starting with my edit of mike12's uac assault rifle
AlphaSoraKun
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Bjecinst wrote:decided i was tired of having non high-res weapon pickup sprites in my mod, so im working on making replacements, starting with my edit of mike12's uac assault rifle
That actually looks pretty good in my opinion.
Bjecinst
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bjecinst »

Also, as a quick edit, i decided to make a more "DMR" styled one too that uses design elements from osjclatchford's edit of DrPyspy's zombieman rifle.
feel free to mix and match bits and bobs to your leisure :3:

(and, as a bonus, here's some magazines)
ThrashfanBert1994

Cardboard Marty wrote:
osjclatchford wrote:you and Drdryspy have done an astounding job.
I'm not sure why it hasn't been edited by now since it's been pointed out elsewhere already, but this was made by DrPyspy, not Drdryspy (who is presumably a dehydrated version of Pyspy). Since this rifle will probably be used quite a bit, I'd recommend editing your posts and credits out of consideration to the original author.

my apologies, im really sh*t with spelling, im not perfect tbh
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

some of you may remember when craneo took my blood style 'innocents' and attempted to clean them up and domify them a bit.
He did a grand job, especially with the cleanup but I decided to revisit these today and managed to doomify them even more!
a lot of work to the heads meant that they'd fit in with their undead zombieman/shotgunguy brothers in-game... well, visually anyhow, they spend most of their time running away from them in terror! LOL

look great in citymaps
I suggest using them with blood's innocent sounds. they surprisingly fit in nicely as living decorations now...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That looks great. Be even greater if they had some not-scared frames so that you could set them to fly into a panic when the shooting starts. I appreciate that would be a lot of additional work though.

Return to “General”