[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
grahf78
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [3.3a] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Post by grahf78 »

Dan_The_Noob wrote: make a CCARDS lump
use "excludemap <MAP>"
Thanks! I can't believe I missed that.
MrRumbleRoses wrote:with Doom 64 CE, the crash just appears. and it's hard to bring up the menu
Regarding this issue, it also happens with Doom 64: Retribution. I don't know what's special about their titlemap, but it seems like the "global" variable in CCards_Observer is uninitialized when GetMonster() gets called. That means that WorldThingSpawned is getting called before WorldLoaded, which is strange.

Here is the log:

Code: Select all

VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero.
Called from CCards_Observer.GetMonster at CorruptionCards-v3.3a.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/observer.zscript
Called from CCards_Game.WorldThingSpawned at CorruptionCards-v3.3a.pk3:zscript/corruptioncards/main.zscript, line 618
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: [3.3a] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Post by Cutmanmike »

Here's version 3.4. I've decided to change how Wild Cards spawn. I was never fully satisfied with it (and may change it yet again in the future) as from what I was getting from feedback and watching streams. Players either never got to witness them due to not wanting to 100% kills and secrets on several maps, or were hardcore completionists who got to see the same Wild Cards over and over every run due to always obtaining them. Finding a good middle ground with the UVMax unlocking method was difficult.

The new method of finding Wild Cards is simpler. Wild Cards will be hidden inside levels after completing a few maps. You are no longer notified when this happens, but those with a keen eye will be able to spot where they're hiding ;)
  • Wild Cards method of spawning changed. Keep an eye out for unusual secrets!
  • Fixed most of Heretic monsters (and other custom monsters) not being able to generate projectile related cards.
  • Fixed CCARDs lumps not stacking correctly and creating multiple Modified decks.
  • Fixed a crash with game setup regarding monsters.
  • Sealed Guardians is now tier 2 (from 4).
  • Angry Bones ai tweaked slightly.
  • Wildcard event monsters can no longer be morphed.
  • Hand of Baphomet boss now takes extra damage in Doom1 to account for the lack of SSG (and awful ammo placement in E3M8).
  • Added an option to continue to the next episode (or restart at map01) with current cards when an episode completion is detected (does not work in multiplayer, can be disabled).
  • Added 1 new Wild Card.
Download Version 3.4
worldendDominator

Re: [3.4] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Post by worldendDominator »

I'm playing version 3.2, but I'll report this in case it hasn't been fixed since.
The game crashed to console with a message about reading address zero at /cards/monsterbuffs.zscript line 1963, called from line 1910 (both are from cannibalism card). I was fighting a pack of arch-vile variants with no other monsters or corpses nearby. I had no cannibalism cards, but I had vile rebirth, a few Casali's watchers cacos elsewhere on the map, and Lilith's grace.
Cutmanmike wrote:
worldendDominator wrote:TL;DR: Reverse gravity and flight enchantments can break certain teleport ambushes. Please fix if practical.
Sorta not practical as so many maps have their own ways of setting up monster ambushes. If you could give the the map number and roughly point out when it happens I could take a look to see what I can do.
(sorry, didn't realize you responded)
It was Lost Civilization map 14, triggered when I pick up the blue card.
UnknDoomer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by UnknDoomer »

Any chances for Hexen support in future?
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

hey cutmanmike,
would it be possible to add the "modified" deck option as a separate choice so to be able to use the CCARDS lump for things like "new friends" or "science experiment" or whatever the other deck options are?
ExpendableRound

Post by ExpendableRound »

A quick question with the Wild Cards:
Are the received wild cards affected by what deck type you select when starting a new game? Or are they completely random?
Also, it might be a good idea to let the player choose HOW the wild cards spawn (Traditionally [In secrets,] complete random, or something else.)
AwkMan
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AwkMan »

I would like to comment a few ideas/improvements/bugs:

- I see that you designed the mod having in mind that each card only lasts one level, except if you make a custom deck.
In my case, I like more to play with permanent cards, which then makes it a problem to tests different cards as with largemegawads you get too many stacked cards. There I propose to add two more modes (at least for custom deck):
1) At the start of the campaign, allow the user to select as many cards as he wants (from the unlocked cards). All these cards will be permanent. Then, from level 1 till the end, all cards will last only one level
2) Same as 1) but all new selected cards on each level will be also permanent.

There are cards which I really like and that I would like to have from the start. For instance, my list will be:
- Nuclear curse
- Death impact
- Earthquake
- Revise strategy
- Teleport traps (when mixed with the previous two cards it is total mayhem)

- If possible, it would be nice that even in any mode with corruption cards, at the end of the level (or before you select a card in the next level), allow the user to decide that a card which was only for one level to make it permanent. Adding this step may become annoying for some players, so maybe adding it as an option in the corruption card configuration can be a good idea.

- The card "Grace of Lilith", I don't know if it is a bug or it is intended, but the card texture is corrupted and also its text (I can send an screenshot).

- There is a card (I don't remember the name) that causes that when the enemy cursed with the card dies, it turns nearby floors toxic. I tried once in MAP08: Tricks and Traps, and it turned all floors in the level toxic, making the level unplayable. I think the effect should be applied a small area around the position where the enemy was killed.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing mod!
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

AwkMan wrote:
There are cards which I really like and that I would like to have from the start. For instance, my list will be:
- Nuclear curse
- Death impact
- Earthquake
- Revise strategy
- Teleport traps (when mixed with the previous two cards it is total mayhem)
I believe you can give yourself starter cards using the CCARDS lump somehow? might have to check the first page.

--EDIT--
sorry, it's not in the CCARDS lump, but i think you just give them to yourself somehow.. it's not listed in that documentation.
mrjoshuablack

Post by mrjoshuablack »

setting difficulty progression to on does absolutely nothing on custom mode
all my cards have been tier 1 from e1m1 through to e2m8
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

Hi!

There is way to add a fix patch for DOOM CE - DOOM 64 addons: Beta 64, The UnMaking and RumblePak!?
They have "Hub Worlds" and Corruption Cards 3.4 makes everyone invincible!
No menu or messages show at all!

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day!

P.S.
Only on "Hub Worlds"
Normal episodes works!
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

RubyEyeShabranigdu wrote:Hi!

There is way to add a fix patch for DOOM CE - DOOM 64 addons: Beta 64, The UnMaking and RumblePak!?
They have "Hub Worlds" and Corruption Cards 3.4 makes everyone invincible!
No menu or messages show at all!

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day!

P.S.
Only on "Hub Worlds"
Normal episodes works!
Pretty sure you could fix that with the CCARDS lump. taking a peak in there, there is already a rule related to it:

excludemap HUBMAP
to make it ignore that mapname (think its used in Compendium, for example)
since CCARDS lumps stack, you could make a simple patch to include compatibility for the set you want, and you can include the necessary map names for as many mapsets as you want :)
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

Ryuhi wrote: Pretty sure you could fix that with the CCARDS lump. taking a peak in there, there is already a rule related to it:

excludemap HUBMAP
to make it ignore that mapname (think its used in Compendium, for example)
since CC cards lumps stack, you could make a simple patch to include compatibility for the set you want, you just need to include the necessary map names for as many mapsets as you want :)
Thanks for the help!
I'm gonna try to do that! :D
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

It might be a good idea to spawn regular explosive barrels in case they are replaced. Going through ZBlood with HDest, it's kind of impossible to tell which barrels are normal and which are from CCards. Without relying on dynamic lights, that is. Which is something people may play without. I suppose I could also change it locally in the code. Thought I'd throw this out here just in case.

Petrified monsters also seem to slide around a lot, as if the ground had no friction at all. Particularly if they die while moving.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

found a really odd bug last night with what i can only assume is the shout for reinforcements card.
we had 3 different variants of that card and monsters were just randomly spawning all over the map as the level went on.
the most noticeable thing was that there were multiples of the same variant of each creature in different parts of the map.
if i had to guess, the shout is spawning duplicates on the corpses of enemies who had previously shouted or something.
NamelessGuy

Post by NamelessGuy »

Maybe I don't understand something or being extremely unlucky but game never offers me "unfinished business" card. I play on custom preset with normal deck.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”