Option to choose folder where IWADS are located

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Casualfan

Option to choose folder where IWADS are located

Post by Casualfan »

So I noticed that with Raze, if I put the game files into folders but keep the folders in the same directory as the executable, Raze will still detect all the games. Whereas in GZDOOM, I have to put all the IWADS into the same directory as the executable, and they won't be detected when put into a folder even if the folder is in the same directory as the executable. I know I can go into the .INI to change where the files are detected but...I don't know how to do that haha. It would be great to be able to have a system like Raze's in place, or even have an option to choose what folder the program should check for IWADS. Just a suggestion to help the technologically illiterate such as myself :biggrin:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Option to choose folder where IWADS are located

Post by Graf Zahl »

I plan to combine the base game file lookup for both ports eventually. But it's not a high priority feature so it may take time.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Casualfan wrote:So I noticed that with Raze, if I put the game files into folders but keep the folders in the same directory as the executable, Raze will still detect all the games. Whereas in GZDOOM, I have to put all the IWADS into the same directory as the executable, and they won't be detected when put into a folder even if the folder is in the same directory as the executable. I know I can go into the .INI to change where the files are detected but...I don't know how to do that haha. It would be great to be able to have a system like Raze's in place, or even have an option to choose what folder the program should check for IWADS. Just a suggestion to help the technologically illiterate such as myself :biggrin:
Just add, in the ini file:

[IWADSearch.Directories]
Path=.
Path=$DOOMWADDIR
Path=$HOME
Path=$PROGDIR/iwads
chunks
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by chunks »

Graf Zahl wrote:I plan to combine the base game file lookup for both ports eventually. But it's not a high priority feature so it may take time.
Very cool.

In the meantime, Casualfan, you could try a loader like ZDL or something. Makes keeping your wads/maps/etc organized a lot easier.

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”