[p33] Reelism 2 - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [p23] Reelism 2 - VERSION 1.0 IS HERE!

Post by Kinsie »

https://reelism.dog/

Version 1.001 is out, fixing a major crash, a less major crash, and a minor map bug.
Changelog wrote:TOWN:
  • Fixed an oversight where the player could escape the map and find themselves stuck and unable to return to civilization.
MONSTERS:
  • Fixed a bug where the Night of the NPCs reel causes a VM Abort error when the Half Monsters assist was enabled.

WEAPONS:
  • Fixed a bug where the Slightly Pre-Loved Fireworks Launcher could cause a VM abort error while trying to home in on a target that no longer exists.
cubebert
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [p23] Reelism 2 - VERSION 1.0 IS HERE! (v1.001 Hotfix!)

Post by cubebert »

I just played a couple of rounds and I'm loving every minute of it so far! Definitely Cacoward material right here, just like the previous Reelism! :)

There is some cutoff with the Hammer of Retribution's sprites, but otherwise, the presentation is perfect. I'm glad to have seen how far development has come from the first time I played this, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for Reelism 2!

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh my goodness yes i've waited for this!! Time to get reel :D
MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

This is great! I do wish there was an option to show what the dice roll up much bigger and in the middle of the screen when it occurs. Even with the interface scaled up, I have to pause and read the small text in the corner to know what to expect.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Ideas for enemies:
  • More X-Com aliens (got almost all of the ones from the Firaxis game as sprites, they can be seen in my X-Com mod)
  • Daleks!
  • Bioshock enemies (got all of them as sprites)
  • Terminators of all sorts
Also, I have an updated version of the Deus Ex security bot.
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Uhh, this is pretty awkward, but the website only has the download for version 0.65 for me.

[Quick edit like... 5 minutes after, lol]
After some trial and error of editing the download link URL and I managed to successfully guess the link for the real version: https://reelism.dog/dl/reelism2_v1.001.7z

Hope this helps anyone else before Kinsie fixes it.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Sgt. Ham wrote:Uhh, this is pretty awkward, but the website only has the download for version 0.65 for me.
Sounds like you need to hard-refresh (CTRL+F5). Caching, eh?
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

This is amazing. Basketball dunked straight off the bridge in low gravity. 10/10
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Kinsie wrote:
Sgt. Ham wrote:Uhh, this is pretty awkward, but the website only has the download for version 0.65 for me.
Sounds like you need to hard-refresh (CTRL+F5). Caching, eh?
Well whaddaya know, it worked! Guess I learned something tonight.
sandwedge

Post by sandwedge »

Hey there, congrats on the full release! I didn't play the first Reelism but had to check this out and wasn't disappointed!

This is just hilarious total chaos and I love it. Lots of laughs, confusion and fun in this one so far. Full disclosure: I played this with a HUD mod to start and realized pretty soon that it was hiding important info, so I restarted without the HUD mod. Word of warning to folks out there. Anyway this is a very polished and enjoyable experience. Highlight for me was definitely Ape-raham Lincoln shouting "four score and seven years ago!!" while tossing police cars at me... beside a bunch of Mario Cacos. That's a sentence that's never been written before.

Now to be honest, I'm not sure how much of this I will play in the future, as I play a lot of more classic Doom stuff. Also in all honesty, I'm not sure the round based arena thing is my favourite style of gameplay. The way it's set up, the rounds progress even if you haven't killed everything, which makes it start to feel quite spammy as things go on and you can just leave enemies around. I think I would find it more satisfying if I had to clear out all the enemies each round, for example. That's just my personal opinion, and maybe killing everything each round could be an interesting option or variation. If it's not in there already, as there's already tons of options in there I couldn't fully explore. Despite these caveats, for what it is it's fantastic and anyone who enjoys this style of horde mode will probably love it!
Ginji23

Post by Ginji23 »

Really love this mod, been following it for a long time. I would like to report some issues, however. During mirror-mode and mode-y, I get some weird screen tearing. Like, random blocks of the screen won't be updated at the same rate as the rest. It's still playable, but very jarring. I am led to believe that it is due to an update to my graphics driver, as this never happened with previous versions of Reelism 2: I have updated my graphics driver since playing last. I am using Intel iris Xe Graphics (go ahead, laugh), and my graphics driver is version 27.20.100.8935. And no, turning on v-sync didn't help. I would post a screenshot, but it does not appear in them. I am also using Gzdoom 4.7.0. Additionally, there seems to be a visual desync in the ui when selecting a map and gamemode from the town, as in where I mouse over does not seem to actually be where the game thinks my mouse is. It's very subtle, and it only seems to be a little above or below reality, and it can be completely avoided by using the keyboard, but it is an issue nonetheless. If it helps, my Gzdoom's windowed resolution is 1600x900. Like I said earlier, loving the mod. My favorite part would have to be that the skeletons' chants are a universal variable, so they harmonize very nicely. Also it's nice to see that the pirates addon is still working in the latest version. Keep up the great work, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for Reelism!

Edit: Actually, it seems like loading the pirates addon always loads the early excess version of the town, because for some reason the addon includes its own TOWNCITY.wad
eltiolavara9

Post by eltiolavara9 »

ive spent a good hour or so trying to figure out what the orb does aside from kill you
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

eltiolavara9 wrote:ive spent a good hour or so trying to figure out what the orb does aside from kill you
For a period before it Does Its Thing, it hurts enemies surrounding you. You can also put it away safely at any point during the animation so if you're good with timing you can use it as a quick area-of-effect attack.

There might be other uses as well, but I didn't make that weapon so I'm not hugely familiar with all the inner workings.
Radiocaster

Post by Radiocaster »

Been loving the mod so far, but I think I found that fire deaths seem to remove all your points instead of just 25% if you're playing with respawns enabled. I also haven't found a way to end the game if you play endless with respawning on, but I could see that being intentional since it feasibly lets you rack up loads of points over time. Other than that its really good.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Radiocaster wrote:Been loving the mod so far, but I think I found that fire deaths seem to remove all your points instead of just 25% if you're playing with respawns enabled.
We've thrown a bandaid over that for the next hotfix. It's not a "proper" fix, but it'll work for now as long as nobody tries multiplayer or breathes on it too hard.

Said hotfix will be out tomorrow, probably. Want to wait and see if any other issues pop up first so I can kick this out and fall backwards into my game backlog and be smothered by it for a couple of months.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”