300 Pounds Sound Pack for Vanilla Doom

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

300 Pounds Sound Pack for Vanilla Doom

Post by Panzermann11 »

I've been using Per Kristian's sound pack for years now and the sound pack feels dated for me. A bunch of original, low-quality sounds remained intact, most noticeably the ZDoom-exclusive ones and mostly the fact their source materials are yet untraceable. There's even a sound caulking mod including the HQ sound pack and also making certain sounds use their own, mostly the enemies instead of reusing existing sounds, but some of them just sound inconsistent and the low-quality sounds added in the mod just don't mix well with the high-quality counterparts.

I've recently played mods by Kinsie and his modding team, 300 Pounds and they have cool high-quality sound design put into them. I gathered them from his random mods, used various sounds where it would fit best and the result was a nice and natural balance of modern sounds and classic Doom sounds entirely in crystal-clear quality replacing almost every Doom sound effect. I also wanted to make use of the caulking mod's benefits so enemies and other sound effects would sound fittingly unique too and it along with the unique sounds gave the original Doom a new fresh breath of air.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XXoIIS ... sp=sharing

There are 2 versions of this addon, the one with the unique sound effects and one without.
As a bonus, I added an addon for Final Doomer that replaces weapon sounds for the Doom 2 weapons aswell!

You can check out the .txt file for where the sounds are taken from and as always, credits to Kinsie and his team for his amazing mods, the respective owners for the sounds used and Per Kristian Risvik for his awesome high-quality sound pack!
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rooster Gold
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: 300 Pounds Sound Pack for Vanilla Doom

Post by Rooster Gold »

This awesome.

I could not find any txt. file included though.
onContentStop

Post by onContentStop »

This is great! Is there any way you could package it to work with Crispy as well?
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Rooster Gold wrote:This awesome.

I could not find any txt. file included though.
IIRC, there was supposed to be a text file where it lists what sounds were used from. Either I deleted it or I just forgot to make it, IDK.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

onContentStop wrote:This is great! Is there any way you could package it to work with Crispy as well?
There's load of OGG files on this mod, so I don't have time to convert them all to WAV and then to Doom-compatible format. Maybe having a simple drag-n-drop OGG to WAV tool would help.
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

Can you please re-upload the file? Link is not working.
Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Is there any chance for a reuplaod?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I would normally say to please consider asking in the "Mod Download Broken?" announcement thread, but it seems somebody already has, and did not receive a response yet.
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Apologies for the bump, but it appears a response was actually posted on the next page:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28589&start=4530#p1205765
Panzermann11

Post by Panzermann11 »

Oh shitbiscuits, seems like I forgot about this thread. A new link should be up now.
I also replaced a bunch of sounds with better ones aswell, such as the pistol sound from Reelism 2.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Finder153 wrote:Oh shitbiscuits, seems like I forgot about this thread. A new link should be up now.
I also replaced a bunch of sounds with better ones aswell, such as the pistol sound from Reelism 2.
THANK YOU! GREAT mod!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

This is good stuff but I'm not a fan of the clanging sound of the chaingun.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”