Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
LordNukenator

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.7.1b

Post by LordNukenator »

I can confirm that loose recasts can't be loaded into the boss rifle's magazine, and also that dropping it while reloading or unloading causes several boxes of rounds to be dropped with it. There is also a bug by which recasts can be converted to normal 7mil rounds. If you have no normal 7mil rounds in your inventory and attempt to load the boss rifle's chamber with a recast 7mil round but hold the reload button down, it will load in a recast 7mil round, and then take out a normal 7mil round.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

ImTooYoungToDie91 wrote:Hey, new to this mod, I noticed that the scope only works with the Hardware Accelerated renderer, which is an FPS killer for me. Is there an addon that makes the zoom function work with Truecolor or Carmack renderer?
Software is unsupported. All I can recommend is use hd_noscope and bind something to a fov macro.

Eric_ wrote:If you drop the Boss at the start of either reloading or unloading (before the rounds get into/out of the gun), several 50-round boxes are manifested and dropped with it. It's also not possible to load loose recasts into the magazine.
Barons are still spotting the player through blur pretty consistently, even though their seeinvisible flag was removed. They don't seem to "forget" about an invisible player the way other enemies do.
Bronto reload/unload sprites are still cutting off.
Berserk doesn't augment weapon throws.
Using the dedicated binds for rolling doesn't increase your speed at all and actually brings you to a stop. The keychords work fine, other than having very tight timing.
Can't replicate bronto sprite problem. (Going at i_timescale 0.3 and prancing around loading and unloading. Even tried zerk.)

I think I've addressed pretty much all of the others, but I don't see where the baron would be any different. I'll keep an eye out for anything.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Is it at all possible to have the config codes for weapons listed on the loadout screen? And anything I could do to tweak the code or a setting I could change to get exact bulk numbers for the things I'm carrying on the HUD, down to multiple decimal places?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I feel hesitant in asking, since this is kind of a specific edge case that by all accounts could technically be my fault, but I just can't seem to find out what exactly is causing it and it only happens with HDest specifically. I've tried asking for help in the Discord server, but it seems no one there has any clue as well (though I did confirm that it's not just me that suffers from the issue). So, I figured maybe asking here could help.

For reasons I don't know, playing this wiretorn (mostly gameplay-stripped) version of Operation: Arctic Wolf Redux in map17 and map21 with HDest (stable 471b) causes a memory leak in GZDoom after a certain amount of time. It was enough to froze my PC, requiring a reboot. It only happens in those two maps, the rest are accidentless from what I've quickly played through. It also doesn't happen if I play the map by itself or with other gameplay mods.

From what I could gather, it seems to be related to monsters, as either removing or killing all of them by way of "kill monsters" stops the leak from happening. The memory leak itself happens suddenly and rapidly. Along with the fact that other maps didn't have the problem, I'm certain it couldn't have been actor conflicts. I tried to experiment and removing enemy types one by one, but it seems to be inconsistent. Removing jackandjillboot seems to somewhat heal the problem in map21 (at first glance, anyways) but not in map17. I've also tried replacing entire monster types with different ones in the maps themselves, but it didn't work.

So yeah, like I said, I've no clue what could cause the issue. I've checked what I could and found nothing to lead me to the source of the problem. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p7iocmu4 ... y.pk3/file
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

It would seem that this commit broke map compatibility with the way that Obsidian now generates it's midtexture barred/chain link windows; these midtexture windows now allow complete movement of all actors, player or monster. Could an option be added to dirty windows to revert this, for specific cases?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Reporting in again regarding the memory leak thing, it seems that it also happens in this map:
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... f/fuescher

I'm confident in saying that it's definitely on HDest's end, 'cause I didn't do anything this time. Others have also suffered from the issue.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I have no idea what might be causing this memory leak, and am now too motion sick from FU Escher to try the other maps.

I was able to get a freeze after several minutes of i_timescale 50 standing around doing nothing at spawn, but not while playing.

Do the other affected maps also use a lot of portals? That's all I can think of that was unusual about Escher.

EDIT: The timing is random but usually happens within 5 minutes; my playthrough lasted well over 20.

I suspect what's happening is that an idle state for one of the monsters encountered early on is randomly going into a zero-length loop.

Do all the affected maps feature arachnotrons in unusual places?
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

Matt wrote:Can't replicate bronto sprite problem. (Going at i_timescale 0.3 and prancing around loading and unloading. Even tried zerk.)
I figured this out, somehow my bronto.zs was out of sync even though I update through Git and don't recall messing with it. It's fine after redownloading the repository.
The messages for players attempting to stim/bandage others are being sent to the wrong player. I'm off by myself, one of my buddies is healing the other, I get told to stop squirming.
A rocket launcher with nomag 2 sometimes defaults to the ladder sight even though a HEAT is loaded.
The ammo display covers your armor value when using a Boss with loose recasts in your pockets.
The vulcanette's battery sometimes gains charge when firing at 2100 RPM. As a result, it's way more power-efficient than the 2000 rounds that the manual suggests. (Though even at 700, I still put 3750 rounds through before it ran dry).
Punching an Archvile in the head can result in a weird sort of half-pain where they flinch and disappear but do not explode or become intangible (and presumably don't lose a life). It happens because the damage is too low to break the normal pain threshold, but the headshot forces it anyway.
Bloodbags can be attached without removing armor.
Stapling with the medikit no longer causes pain spikes. I can see from debug that the damage is happening, the visible aim jerk and heartrate spike are what's missing. You can staple yourself and immediately attach a bloodbag without suffering any negative consequence when that was a death sentence prior to the introduction of HDDrug.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Matt wrote:Do the other affected maps also use a lot of portals? That's all I can think of that was unusual about Escher.
Do all the affected maps feature arachnotrons in unusual places?
1. The Arctic Wolf ones have pretty much near zero portals in the affected maps. There's a lot more portals in the other maps due to the use of G/ZD underwater elements, but that's about all I can think of.
2. I'm not sure what could be defined as "unusual places" in this case. The OAWR ones are either sitting in open spaces as far as I know.
Matt

Post by Matt »

In FUE there's a pair of arachnotrons in a small building who target the player and launch attacks despite having no direct line of sight. Besides that all I can see in that outdoor area right next to the start are zombies of various sorts, but once I've gone out there and alerted a bunch of mobs I can noclip out of the map, i_timescale 100, and pass 6 game minutes with no freeze - hence why I think it's something to do with the idle states of something that's alerted there.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Abba Zabba wrote:It would seem that this commit broke map compatibility with the way that Obsidian now generates it's midtexture barred/chain link windows; these midtexture windows now allow complete movement of all actors, player or monster. Could an option be added to dirty windows to revert this, for specific cases?
I might just undo that map tweak - it was mostly out of frustration for this one map where I couldn't climb onto a monster platform while berserk.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Eric_ wrote:The messages for players attempting to stim/bandage others are being sent to the wrong player. I'm off by myself, one of my buddies is healing the other, I get told to stop squirming.
I'm not able to replicate this using bots. Did the error message also show up when you were moving but the actual patient wasn't? I can only imagine some kind of leftover data was being read somehow despite the variable being a new pointer.
Bloodbags can be attached without removing armor.
I don't think they were ever intended to require removing armour - the rationale being that all you should have to do is find a vein somewhere and the armour doesn't cover everything.
Stapling with the medikit no longer causes pain spikes. I can see from debug that the damage is happening, the visible aim jerk and heartrate spike are what's missing. You can staple yourself and immediately attach a bloodbag without suffering any negative consequence when that was a death sentence prior to the introduction of HDDrug.
...I think I'll leave it like this.
Rocket1

Post by Rocket1 »

Could you add a light dripping sound when bleeding like in SCP CB?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Abba Zabba wrote:It would seem that this commit broke map compatibility with the way that Obsidian now generates it's midtexture barred/chain link windows; these midtexture windows now allow complete movement of all actors, player or monster. Could an option be added to dirty windows to revert this, for specific cases?
Can you post a sample map? I'm trying to see if there's anything about these lines I can use to detect them.
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

Explosive barrels are almost instantly vanishing when you enter in their line of sight after the commit that replaced their A_Look with A_HDLook.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”