Hell-Forged - Episode 2 (Restarting Eventually)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Striga p.12)

Post by Gez »

Enjay wrote:The really cool thing about all your recent sprites is that not only are they terrifying nightmares of creatures but they really get across the feeling that their own existence is a hellishly pained and tormented one too. You wouldn't want to meet them, but you really wouldn't want to be them either.
I dunno, the putrefier looks pretty ballin'

:D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, yeah, maybe that one is enjoying life. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And i'm waiting him to be the new meme
ActionAlligator

Post by ActionAlligator »

he's got that face burp dom vibe going, thank god my sniffer is compromised
doomjedi

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Abyss Mite p.10)

Post by doomjedi »

Amuscaria wrote:Striga monster completed. Took a bit longer than I would have hoped, but w/e.
Fantastic execution and concept.

Could work also as second phase of a "standing" enemy after being...partially gibbed.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Thanks all. :mrgreen:

The Hemodemon. Very few fames on this one, so should finish this one pretty quickly.

osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Amuscaria wrote:Thanks all. :mrgreen:

The Hemodemon. Very few fames on this one, so should finish this one pretty quickly.

lovely rendering! beautifully detailed. fresh yet familiar, loving the doom64 elemental vibes, (very langolier!) the desaturated theme is coming along nicely. episode two's pallette is looking to be rather pretty indeed!
ActionAlligator

holy crap that's not what I was expecting lol

interesting... it looks really unique and cool, but to be completely honest, I'm still deciding if I feel it fits with the other monsters. it almost looks like it's from a different game. sorry to be that guy, maybe it fits fine in-game during play... or maybe I'm still adjusting to the extra palette colors?
Gez

Post by Gez »

The design with the lateral mandibles is slightly reminiscent of the NuDoom takes on the cacodemon and pain elemental. Looks very cool IMO. How's the frontal view?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Attempt #2: Image

Original model was too short, and the arms/mandibles had too many teeth that clipped into into the mouth. Also the rendered sprite was too big compared to the Cacodemon. Redid all of it before I get too committed to go back.
------------------------
@Gez: Front looks like this - Image

@ActionAligator: all of the Vampiric enemies have the white/pink and red color scheme.
ActionAlligator

Wow, that actually looks a lot better. I think the shape/size was throwing me off or something; looked a little too oval maybe, now it looks more round. I'm still not quite sure I'm used to the new color scheme, but that'll change in time and it looks fantastic regardless!
Gez

Post by Gez »

ActionAlligator wrote:Wow, that actually looks a lot better. I think the shape/size was throwing me off or something; looked a little too oval maybe, now it looks more round.
Keep Doom's aspect ratio in mind. The monster will be 20% taller in-game compared to the preview.

ActionAlligator

Oh, I see. And this happens on gzdoom no matter the resolution or settings? I have forced 16:9 aspect ratio enabled and I'm at 1920x1080, so doesn't this turn it off?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Yes, because GZDoom does aspect ratio correction by default to handle Doom's "squished" aspect ratio on "non-squished" screen ratios.

Modders can selectively adjust the pixel ratio scaling in their maps if they desire.

8-)
ActionAlligator

ahhh, ok, thx! was worried that I'd maybe been viewing sprites the wrong way this whole time hehe

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”