[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
vokar

Re: [3.2] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Post by vokar »

Yholl wrote:
vokar wrote:I don't know enough about monster packs etc., but I also wanted to try this mod with some other packs like Rampancy.
Rampancy Corruption Cards definitions
This is a basic file that'll give a rudimentary CCards definition for the current Rampancy release. When 2.0 is released, it'll have its own CCards lump internally, so this should only be used with the previous release.
Awesome! Thanks!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Something's wrong with the healing traps. Playing with Russian Overkill with monster health set to 10 in mapinfo. The trap will heal the monster to full, often thousands of health in a single tic. Then all the sudden it will start healing for a very small amount afterwards.

I picked 'Phase Imp and it's species throw continuously'. I'm playing pandemonia. It has 7 different imps. They all throw phase imp projectiles. Lucky me, they are a seeking missile.

A request. Put pain elementals and lost souls together and the mastermind and arachnotrons.

I made a CCARDS file in a mod and added this:

Code: Select all

removecard CCard_ReflectiveMonster
removecard CCard_MonsterAcidBlood
removecard CCard_MonsterHitscan
removecard CCard_MonsterRailgun
removecard CCard_ProjectileReplacer
removecard CCard_MonsterNewProjectile
removecard CCard_ResurrectionGift
But when I started the game I still had acid blood. I don't know why this doesn't work. If I use clearcards and then add everything but these, it works as I expect.

The invert gravity card shouldn't work on skies.

Acid blood still flies 50 feet out of the monsters. Please look into this. I have videos of older 2.0 versions and the blood acts like blood.

Maybe it's just me, but reflective monsters is the absolute worst. I tend to play mods with powerful weapons and a single reflective enemy is more dangerous than a room full of cyberdemons.

Lethality curse is too punishing. I think 80% health drop would be sufficient.

The extra monsters card picked archviles. In a map with 600 enemies I bet this card added 40 archviles. Many fights had 4 or 5 archviles added.

Maybe I'm not understanding Blood Shift. I assumed the total health in the level wouldn't be altered but I was wrong. I tested it multiple times on map01. I use 1.5 healthfactor in mapinfo. Total health each time was different, seemingly random. It averaged about 40% higher. No wonder each time I get this card it feels like it takes longer to kill.
edit: Okay, it definitely has something to do with mapinfo changing their health. I tested without it and it works fine.
Last edited by Rowsol on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

I was watching a streamer play Speed of Doom with Intensify and Corruption Cards and got a few ideas. The first is a cursed inversion(?) of the “Monster and its species takes damage late” card, a “Weapon category fires late” card. The second is “Monster and its species may forget to die”, a certain percentage of an enemy not dying to a killing shot. I think I had more but I forgot. Maybe I’ll think of others.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

SergeantDiggs wrote:I was watching a streamer play Speed of Doom with Intensify and Corruption Cards and got a few ideas. The first is a cursed inversion(?) of the “Monster and its species takes damage late” card, a “Weapon category fires late” card. The second is “Monster and its species may forget to die”, a certain percentage of an enemy not dying to a killing shot. I think I had more but I forgot. Maybe I’ll think of others.
I wonder who that streamer was :geek: :roll:
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

It seems I still have some bugs to iron out with the health related cards.
Rowsol wrote:Acid blood still flies 50 feet out of the monsters. Please look into this. I have videos of older 2.0 versions and the blood acts like blood.
From my experience the distance isn't that punishing but I'll do some tests and reevaluate it. I wanted it to punish hitscan attacks, the same way reflective punishes projectile attacks.
Dan_The_Noob wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote: Can you show me the CCARDS lump?

Code: Select all

removecard CCard_MonsterStoneDeath
removecard CCard_MonsterAcidBlood
removecard CCard_ReflectiveMonster
removecard CCard_DisableInfight
removecard CCard_MonsterDisguise
removecard CCard_MonsterBorrowedTime
Oops, there's a bug with the lump reader. If you don't add at least one card, it won't offer you the Modified deck. I'll fix this. But for now you could try removing a card, adding it again, then removing it once more.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Do you happen to know why barrels of fun spawns the original barrels instead of the replacements done by mods?

edit: so I'm sitting here playing RAMP and all the sudden I get this. https://ibb.co/xg4TmnY
Ramp uses map01 for it's hub so I added it to the excluded maps. I've played a few dozen maps so far and no issues. Now when I beat certain levels it shows this as I'm warping back to the hub.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

I've just had this happen and I wonder if you can make sense of it and if it's fixable.
I was playing Lost Civilization with Pandemonia, CCards, Legendoom Lite, and Champions.
The map had a teleport ambush built like this: a spider mastermind and several chaingunners were in a "storage area", standing on conveyor belts to teleport lines, and the sectors they spawned in were lowered so they couldn't reach the lines. When I crossed a line, the sectors would raise and they would be teleported into main map. They would stay un-alerted until after they teleported.
Here's what happened: when I triggered the ambush, most chaingunners worked as they should, but two gunners and the mastermind stayed behind, unmoving. When I noclipped into their storage and fired a shot, they alerted and immediately teleported. Then I reloaded an autosave and noclipped to them without doing anything in the map. Once I alerted them, the mastermind and two gunners teleported into the map while others stayed behind.
The spidermind had overpower curse, which included flight enchantment. One of the gunners had reverse gravity from "random monsters get random enchantments". Second gunner had no special effects evident by sight or its behavior flight too, which I somehow didn't notice at first.

TL;DR: Reverse gravity and flight enchantments can break certain teleport ambushes. Please fix if practical.

Additionally, I've found a bugged interaction with Champions: when a monster is affected by a card "X fires Y's projectiles" and spawns as blue champion (ring burst of generic projectiles on death), on-death projectiles will be replaced (which is fine) and all fired at the player/target instead of a circle (which is not fine). I think replacement doesn't preserve the projectile's direction.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Another crash. https://ibb.co/J5zVMR6
I had played quite a few maps with the vessels card and no issues. I'm not sure why this time it broke. Fatsos are dropping chaingunners and on this level I added 'massive knockback'. Maybe that can be of assistance.

Sometimes I'm unable to pick up items that monsters were holding. It's bizarre and I can't figure out why it would happen.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I got the bush/vegetation card and it spawned right in the middle of a central battle arena, blocking the view entirely and making any fighting in that area impossible. Please make the bushes shootable/destroyable or temporary (10 seconds of lifetime or so).

Another time it hid a switch on a map I've never played before, making it impossible to figure out how to get to it in all the plant mess.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Wow, it turns out adding // AFTER "Addcard <> disables it. I was making comments next to cards.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

found a crash. if an enemy has featherweight effect then gets thrown by another feather enemy, the game crashes. (or maybe any enemy, potentially)
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I got another vessel crash. This time a crusher had just come down when the spider attempted to spew monsters.
https://ibb.co/2h2V9H9

Taking a look in the extramonsters code it seems you've both restricted it to bigger monsters and clamped it to 50 max. Is there a reason for this? I'd like to see hordes of zombiemen sometimes.
I just noticed that with blood shift you can get the extramonsters card to affect small units.

Even with monsterhealth = 1.0 in mapinfo Blood shift tends to not work right, or at least that's my assumption. Imps were incredibly hard to kill. Here's a picture of my active cards at the time.
https://ibb.co/bXZBLcq

And for some reason, certain monsters sometimes can't be walked over when killed. It's pretty rare but I'll keep an eye on it to see if I can figure it out. I know it never happened before 3.2.

The shifting monster curse caused a cyberdemon to get his head stuck in a low ceiling.
Last edited by Rowsol on Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
eviltechno

Post by eviltechno »

Sorry if that has been answered before, but why do the monsters on the current room often get deleted/killed after selecting cards? is that a bug? (Using BD 21.0.4 and mods)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I've fixed some of the crashes. The blocking corpses is caused by the feather enchantment, which I've also fixed (hopefully).
worldendDominator wrote:TL;DR: Reverse gravity and flight enchantments can break certain teleport ambushes. Please fix if practical.
Sorta not practical as so many maps have their own ways of setting up monster ambushes. If you could give the the map number and roughly point out when it happens I could take a look to see what I can do.
Dan_The_Noob wrote:found a crash. if an enemy has featherweight effect then gets thrown by another feather enemy, the game crashes. (or maybe any enemy, potentially)
Got a screenshot?
eviltechno wrote:Sorry if that has been answered before, but why do the monsters on the current room often get deleted/killed after selecting cards? is that a bug? (Using BD 21.0.4 and mods)
See the BD patch on the first page, hopefully still works.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Cutmanmike wrote:I've fixed some of the crashes. The blocking corpses is caused by the feather enchantment, which I've also fixed (hopefully).
if I had to guess, this blocking corpse issue is probably what causes the crash when a feather enemy throws another feather enemy.
because the corpse might be clipping, bumping the thrower, thrower regrab, rinse and repeat infinitely. just a guess of course, we'll see after next update if crash still occurs (got no screenshot because it was a hard-lock freeze type crash)

--edit--
also, pretty sure Brutal Doom patch doesn't work.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”