Brutal Doom Platinum v3.1 release! GZ focused Brutal Fork!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EmeraldCoasttt

Re: Brutal Doom Platinum v2.0 release! GZ focused brutal for

Post by EmeraldCoasttt »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Removing the FP executions was pointless after the rework. Melee felt great with them when mixing with fatalities, without them it feels much blander. Ntm the work put into them was great, all the animations look wonderful and now that's just wasted potential.
At this point, it was more trouble to maintain them than it was worth
A lot of code work went into v2.0 even if it's light on content, please understand that- the entire base weapon was moved to zscript so weapon addons can now be written in zscript as well.
Rayd3r

Post by Rayd3r »

Update is great so far, the nuke is pretty damn cool and love the Deagle addon too, this Deagle feels far better and beefier than the one PB has, not to mention it looks cool as hell, I like it a lot. Are there plans to add fidget animations to it, as well as other weapons that currently don't have them?
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Really love the smoother transitions for the sprint animations, though I noticed the changelog mentioned ADS fixes. I don't know if this was a fix for the thing I keep mentioning (sorry about that) but noticed when ADS is set to "hold," it still acts like the BDv21 option where holding will hold ADS, but tapping will toggle ADS. Also the bug of running out of ammo while ADS'ing and such is still there, except it toggles when it happens. I don't know if this was something you tried to fix or not, but figured I'd mention it in case since there was that mention of ADS fixes.
EmeraldCoasttt

Post by EmeraldCoasttt »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Really love the smoother transitions for the sprint animations, though I noticed the changelog mentioned ADS fixes. I don't know if this was a fix for the thing I keep mentioning (sorry about that) but noticed when ADS is set to "hold," it still acts like the BDv21 option where holding will hold ADS, but tapping will toggle ADS. Also the bug of running out of ammo while ADS'ing and such is still there, except it toggles when it happens. I don't know if this was something you tried to fix or not, but figured I'd mention it in case since there was that mention of ADS fixes.
ADS was reworked entirely and thus the setting for that doesn't work right now- What this means though is there will never be a time where the weapon zooms when you didn't want it to (previously reloading while ads could cause that, among other instances)
mamaluigisbagel

Ah gotcha. Not a deal breaker honestly, just been a small annoyance. Thanks for clarifying that.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Noticed the shotgun bug was fixed. basically, all the fatality stuff needs to be done in zscript so that'll all be done later right? the FP fatalies will eventually make a return?
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

So i tried out the new version and... i have to say, binding 2 special weapon actions feel a little bit too much, maybe if was like a special action circle akin to project brutality it would have been smoother implementation.
EmeraldCoasttt

Post by EmeraldCoasttt »

Redead-ITA wrote:So i tried out the new version and... i have to say, binding 2 special weapon actions feel a little bit too much, maybe if was like a special action circle akin to project brutality it would have been smoother implementation.
A special action circle would add a lot of bloat imo
Two special actions puts a hard limit on what a weapon can do, which helps me a lot as a designer
mamaluigisbagel

Just had this happen, I'm not sure what causes it. I think it has to do with reloading and sprinting around the same time.

kalensar
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Just had this happen, I'm not sure what causes it. I think it has to do with reloading and sprinting around the same time.

That looks like an overlay issue. Basically the same as your diagnosis. Good find.
TonyH123

Post by TonyH123 »

The sigils are cool. I really like them, but I think the demon protection sigil and the power armor which are the same thing are over powered. They are permanent and after using one picking up another is useless. Maybe have a limited number of recharges, say 10 for example?
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

TonyH123 wrote:The sigils are cool. I really like them, but I think the demon protection sigil and the power armor which are the same thing are over powered. They are permanent and after using one picking up another is useless. Maybe have a limited number of recharges, say 10 for example?
The difference is Energy armour has to be found and only lasts for a level making them semi-permanent.
The power sigil lasts for the whole level as well, but you can carry multiple (I think up to 3) to use on sequential level starts when you've got em which allows you to have the armour for multiple levels. Extending the effect essentially.
rightj553

Post by rightj553 »

No offense, but I think this would be better if it was built off Brutal Doom v21.
affandede

Post by affandede »

rightj553 wrote:No offense, but I think this would be better if it was built off Brutal Doom v21.
Except it already is.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”