Code: C0005 (Acess Violation - Tried to read adress FFFF+)

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Hello guys, ever since today after i turned on my PC and tried to run Gzdoom.exe, my game is completely non-functional and it just spills out this error message (and before hand, i couldn't even get the gzdoom.exe file, as for some reason, i was getting "Acess Denied", which for some reason fixed itself), the summary message is the following:

Plus below is the .zip file of the crash report, i have NO idea why this is happening, since i didn't make any major changes to my computer or Gzdoom.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(30.42 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Code: C0005 (Acess Violation - Tried to read adress FFFF

Post by Rachael »

It's crashing in your Intel driver. Make sure your drivers are up to date - or - you may have to do a rollback.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

I'm gonna try to do that, but still, this is so confusing lol, i came back from work and my gzdoom.exe was literally deleted by itself (plus, i could not move it from a different folder), do you have any clue as to why or have you seen this before?
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Ey, just giving a report, yep, updating the drivers seem to have done it, but i'm still very confused, i'm gonna chug this one out to "computer moment", thanks Rachel!!

Return to “Technical Issues”