Weirdest dreams you've ever had.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
OceanMadman

Weirdest dreams you've ever had.

Post by OceanMadman »

I've started doing a doom tc, in which i'll try to make all the levels look like diferrent dreams. So, which better way to do it than porting rea dreams to doom? That's why i'd like that some of you described any of your most bizarre dreams. (Nightmares are valid too, but the most surrealist they are, the better)
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Weirdest dreams you've ever had.

Post by Craneo »

I actually have an entire channel in my private Discord dedicated to interesting or weird dreams, I could post some here from time to time (so long as they aren't too private or related to Doom community stuff)
Craneo — 01/04/2022
today I dreamed I was in my house with my family and something weird was happening, and a owl (lechuza type) broke into our home and was threatening us or something, specially our cat Mandarino, so I went and grabbed a gun in the dream and shot the bird, this was in the small area in the back of the house, but in the dream it was different, we had a lot of trees and plants, unlike real life, then, after that I go upstairs and me and my family are looking at another bird through the window, the bird was big and was flying around, but it's wings weren't flapping, so I was like "I'm gonna shoot it too!" and idk what happened after and I woke up
Craneo — 01/19/2022
today I dreamed I was gonna see "Minecraft: the movie" but for some reason the lights started failing like that one time in my house and would flicker
Craneo — 10/04/2021
today I dreamed that I was playing some game that was very realistic, there was this chicken egg that opened and the chicken had a lizard head, then, I went to have a boss battle, I picked my character to be Arnold Schwazenegger, and then the boss fight began, the boss was Arnold Schwazenegger too, but he was like the Hulk, and was half robot like a Terminator, and he had a giant metal snake as a pet, he had gray hair too, he would taunt normal Arnold and call him weak, picking up his weights and saying they were nothing, he would summon his snake from the ground, and he was pretty strong, I tried to flee away and summoned Optimus Prime, but he did nothing, then I woke up
when I say the 2nd Arnold was like Hulk I mean he was waaaay buffer,s tronger and taller than normal Arnold
I have more but don't wanna spam (yes, I tend to have lots of weird dreams, well, not as many as of late)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I don't remember offhand a lot of what went into this dream, but I mostly remember encountering a lot of adorable bunnies that made cat like meowing noises when I'd pet them.

They were very soft and warm, and I miss them.

(never mind that what i was probably feeling was my own fluffy blanket.)
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux

Post by KynikossDragonn »

My dreams are forever cursed to appear like this world.

Everyone and everything appear like featureless marbleish statues along with the entire world, there's a thick fog limiting visibility, and I appear to be the only organic living creature left. It's also about as quiet as being inside of a anechoic chamber, if not somehow more quiet than that.

There are rare moments I dream about something other than this sense of loneliness that appears to last forever, but most of the time it's just that and always that, no exceptions.

I wish I was making this up, but I would hope it is obvious I have some form of mental illness that's probably going to completely eliminate me psychologically later in my life.

And before anyone asks, no. I've had had dreams like this before I even heard of the MOTHER series or even played MOTHER 2. (EarthBound in the USA)
Craneo

Post by Craneo »

here, more dreams from my Discord:
Craneo — 04/02/2021
today I dreamed that I was in my house but we found there was a huge, HUGE room below it, like a basement floor, but it wasn't a basement, it was a fully lit store, with some antiques in it, I was going down stairs amazed but there were some statues that were creepy, I was scared one of the statues would "attack" me, then a statue of an angel almost falls on top of me, after that I kept exploring this "antique store" below my house, and I see a lot of items I can't seem to remember, at one point I find a bag of Doritos and other snacks, but they were GIANT, like, HUGE ASS DORITOS, and I start eating them, but they don't taste as good as they used to, idk what happens after, I woke up and fell asleep again multiple times, but I don't remember the other dreams

Code: Select all

Craneo — 03/24/2021
today I dreamed I was with my dad on a trip to another city, but we leave the bus before the bus could take us there and we are left in a abandoned town, we try to catch up with the bus but we couldn't, we walk around some place with a lot of paintings that had a creepy feeling to it (none of the paintings were creepy, it was just a weird feeling I had in the dream), then I would try to wake up, and I couldn't as it would teleport me to another dream, I did it many times until in one I had a dream where I was surrounded by like creepy baby dolls and baby related stuff, then I woke up after 2 more tries
Craneo — 03/09/2021
Today I dreamed I was Caleb from Blood and was in a building escaping from some cultists, after I defeated them, I dreamed I went to my house and it was also my cousin's house and our families were living together, the house was a bit old and there were a lot of plushies I think, in one I take a picture of myself in that house and a ghost appears behind me, but the ghost was that picture of Jerma saying "WHEN THE IMPOSTER IS SUS!" and I was like "WTF JERMA GHOST IN MY HOUSE??", then I felt asleep in my room in the dream, after I woke up (in the dream), I dreamed I was watching Spongebob with my cousin, and the episodes where super weird I think
idk I don't remember the details too well
axredneck
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

Make those broken staircases many people see in their dreams.
About my weird dreams: i can describe them but descriptions will not be as weird as dreams themselves.
axredneck

Post by axredneck »

A "screenshot" of one of my weird dreams:
https://zxart.ee/rus/avtory/a/ax34/vot- ... prisnilos/
Craneo

Post by Craneo »

more stuff incomming:
Craneo — 12/15/2020
today I dreamed that it was the zombie apocalypse, I was with my parents and the dead started raising, then, we fled with other people, and we thought it was over in a camp, then, suddenly, the ground starts shaking and a hand almost grabs me, and then we said enough was enough and we started working on a cure for the zombies, it helped that a person from an alternate universe that was already immune came, we started working on the cure, and we had to kick out a guy from the science team because he was a weirdo, eventualy we finish the cure, it didn't turn zombies into humans, it just made it so if a zombie bites you you don't transform, so with that we started fighting the zombies, and in one I try to fight the giant zombie by punching him in the balls, but it had no effect on him and he punched me back, which threw me flying away
Craneo — 09/21/2020
today I dreamed I was in a mixture of the real world and the digimon world, and I had a digimon who was human Shrek from Shrek 2, but his lower half was robotic, he had 6 arms and he had horns, I remember like winning the digimon world and being the champion or something, then, I see my mom, who leaves me and abandons me, then, I wake up into another dream, where I was in the first floor of my house, it was dark, and there was a woman next to me, and I was like "Mommy?" and I tried to hug her but I think she disappeared, then I woke up
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

I Find the weirdest dreams are where stuff looks like normal but clearly not normal (chairs/furniture that is to big/to small for humans) color's that don't make sense (green/yellow sky) or the old furniture on the ceiling stuff.

A recurring theme for me is opening a inside door only to find I'm actually on a boat/cruise liner and have no idea how I got there
Or everyone you know currently is with you back in high school?

My weirdest is defiantly about my mother in-law inviting me to dinner at her house, which is apparently a clifftop castle. only to leave mid dinner and suddenly announce over speakers (that I didn't notice to then) that its really a trap and all the doors spring open and a tiger starts hunting me. The tiger can also open doors after I shut them? But it takes it awhile (because its a tiger). Tiger gets me in the end then I wake up.
axredneck

Post by axredneck »

In my dreams i often take the train but but come by bus for some strange reason.
Craneo

Post by Craneo »

Or everyone you know currently is with you back in high school?
Yeah I kinda know that feel, I dream pretty often that I am back in highschool, probably related to regret/remorse of having repeated two years of highschool due to being lazy, atleast in my case, I dunno
axredneck

Post by axredneck »

Yes, make a wad about infinite school. Or infinite hospital. Or infinite psychiatric hoschoopital.
Craneo

Post by Craneo »

Today I had a dream where I was at my house and the police came knocking at my door, apparently, they were here because my dad, when he went jogging at the park, had toilet paper in his foot, and was like leaving toilet paper everywhere, and the police were upset because of that, idk why exactly, I guess it counts as "vandalism" in my dream, and I had toilet paper in my hand too and I threw it away
OceanMadman

Post by OceanMadman »

Heh, pretty bizarre dreams in here. Definetely going to take some inspiration of these. Thanks!
DELTAtheDboi005

Post by DELTAtheDboi005 »

I had a VERY weird dream earlier this year, It was like a festive stop motion animation, Like those Christmas stop motion specials from the 80's. It was weird, to say the least.

Return to “Off-Topic”