Duke Nukem Companion Mod [New Update 9/13/22]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ArkyonVeil

Re: Duke Nukem Companion Mod [New Update Already??]

Post by ArkyonVeil »

So... I tried this and it was pretty fun until I happened to notice I kept dying all the time due no clear reason. So... is there a chance that duke can cause friendly fire with his big explosive toys? Just wondering.

Modlist:
Valiant (With weapons patched out)
Combined Arms (Playing as Blastmaster Mk2)
Duke
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

Kellion wrote:So... I tried this and it was pretty fun until I happened to notice I kept dying all the time due no clear reason. So... is there a chance that duke can cause friendly fire with his big explosive toys? Just wondering.

Modlist:
Duke
That shouldn't be happening, I have it made where all of Duke's attacks does a specific damagetype that only he and my other companion mods have, and that you're immune to said damage upon entering the map. I'll see what it is, but do you know which attack he does that makes you die?
ArkyonVeil

Post by ArkyonVeil »

NeenerWiener wrote:
Kellion wrote:So... I tried this and it was pretty fun until I happened to notice I kept dying all the time due no clear reason. So... is there a chance that duke can cause friendly fire with his big explosive toys? Just wondering.

Modlist:
Duke
That shouldn't be happening, I have it made where all of Duke's attacks does a specific damagetype that only he and my other companion mods have, and that you're immune to said damage upon entering the map. I'll see what it is, but do you know which attack he does that makes you die?
I've done some testing, and it appears that your mod has some incompatibilities with specifically Combined Arms as the damage absolutely gets through. The explosions/nukes do kill (And bullets probably do as well, but its less noticeable). I've tried with other mods and the results are mixed, but they tend to do the hurt animation from taking damage but recieving none.
With Combined Arms the damage is lethal though.
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

Kellion wrote:I've done some testing, and it appears that your mod has some incompatibilities with specifically Combined Arms as the damage absolutely gets through. The explosions/nukes do kill (And bullets probably do as well, but its less noticeable). I've tried with other mods and the results are mixed, but they tend to do the hurt animation from taking damage but recieving none.

I'm doing some tests, making Duke fire his rockets and devastator directly at me while I have Combined Arms loaded as the Blastmaster Mk2 class, and it doesn't seem to be giving me any damage at all.
ArkyonVeil

Post by ArkyonVeil »

NeenerWiener wrote:
Kellion wrote:I've done some testing, and it appears that your mod has some incompatibilities with specifically Combined Arms as the damage absolutely gets through. The explosions/nukes do kill (And bullets probably do as well, but its less noticeable). I've tried with other mods and the results are mixed, but they tend to do the hurt animation from taking damage but recieving none.

I'm doing some tests, making Duke fire his rockets and devastator directly at me while I have Combined Arms loaded as the Blastmaster Mk2 class, and it doesn't seem to be giving me any damage at all.
Dunno what to tell you, I removed all mods and kept testing it. Still lethal. Oh and bullets hurt too.
I tested this in Map01, using notarget in the green field with a pinky as duke's target practice. If I get close when he fires the devastator its nearly a guaranteed 1 hit kill.

-I'm running GZdoom 4.7.1

Combined_Arms_V2.3.pk3 followed by
FriendDukeV2.pk3

Doom2 IWAD

Edit: Tested it with the artificer class, I also recieved damage.
ArkyonVeil

Post by ArkyonVeil »

NeenerWiener wrote:

Figured out the cause. If in the file order, FriendDuke comes after combined arms, duke's damage will kill you. But if it's the other way around, it works as intended.
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

Kellion wrote:
NeenerWiener wrote:

Figured out the cause. If in the file order, FriendDuke comes after combined arms, duke's damage will kill you. But if it's the other way around, it works as intended.
That is odd though, maybe it has to do with the script that gives you immunity to the damage. I'm gonna see if there's something I can do about it.

EDIT: Maybe you can try this out and see if it's works fine now. https://www.mediafire.com/file/f04f3vuj ... t.pk3/file
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

I basically got rid of the ACS and made it part of the ZScript spawn script to force give you that protection. Maybe that would do it?
ArkyonVeil

Post by ArkyonVeil »

NeenerWiener wrote:I basically got rid of the ACS and made it part of the ZScript spawn script to force give you that protection. Maybe that would do it?
Now both cases (below and above combined arms) are lethal.
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

Kellion wrote:
NeenerWiener wrote:I basically got rid of the ACS and made it part of the ZScript spawn script to force give you that protection. Maybe that would do it?
Now both cases (below and above combined arms) are lethal.
I'm genuinely trying to find what the issue is but I can't even recreate it in the first place, all of Duke's shots do not hurt me no matter what load order I have between Duke, Combined Arms, and Valiant. Are you sure it's not something else then. If you are able to, can you record some footage of this happening?
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

A question, Kellion. Did you use resurrect command?
'cause all ally mod I know become lethal to me after resurrecting myself.
ArkyonVeil

Post by ArkyonVeil »

Netheritor wrote:A question, Kellion. Did you use resurrect command?
'cause all ally mod I know become lethal to me after resurrecting myself.
Nope, all the tests that I've run on Map01 were on the first life. I can take damage from the start. (Good point though)
r&r

Post by r&r »

Does anyone get a duke drink error script?

I'm playing the game with multiply mods
like the shadow warrior tc mod,
but it happens if it set the mods before or after,
and it happens randomly, as I think Duke triggers it randomly
r&r

Post by r&r »

So yeah... it seems if you have duke with you in other mods
it might crash and maybe the cause is the different monsters different mods?
and you get a dukeshrink it also give a expanderduke when it happens.
no clue id theres away around this or Duke needs a optional addon don't let him use those two weapons?
NeenerWiener

Post by NeenerWiener »

Can you tell me what the error was and what mods you were using that created said error?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”