[1.3 WIP] Codename: DEMOLITIONIST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [1.1.44] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

Post by Marisa the Magician »

As of the 1.2 release (still in the works, sorry), the mod will be rebranded under a different, less tongue-twisting, more pronounceable name.
So, without further ado, and with apologies in advance to those who enjoyed the "swim jizz" puns... I am proud to announce:

Codename: Demolitionist, or simply just Demolitionist or "the Demolitionist mod" (whichever you prefer) is how it'll be known from now on, mostly due to the fact it's clearly outgrown being just "some weird weapons mod", and to highlight the true star of the show: The mod's protagonist. This also keeps it consistent with the naming scheme of other character-focused gameplay mods (e.g.: Guncaster, Trailblazer, and such), as well as the planned side mods.

Also, the new logo and branding changes took some effort, so there's that too, don't want that hard work to go to waste. :P
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Will the filename change too? Or just the title to everything?
Marisa the Magician

Just the title. Changing the internal names would be too much work, and also pointless.
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Ah, okay then.

I don't think I'll be able to even finish any of this music I tried to set myself on for this mod, everything going on right now pretty much destroyed all my motivation and willpower unfortunately...
SaucepanSF

Post by SaucepanSF »

First time playing. Completely blown away. 11/10 experience.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

So, the one weapon type missing from this mod is some manner of rapid fire weapon. You could argue that the akimbo Explodium Pistols are supposed to fill that role, but I don't think they really fit.

What do I suggest? Well, considering how powerful the rest of this mod's armory is, just give her a modified M2 Browning. Have a replaceable 100 round belt box on the side of the gun, and offer different ammo belt options with different ammo mixes. Say, regular FMJ, tracers, incendiary, armor-piercing, some wild exotic stuff you'll come up with. Maybe use a system similar to the Wallbuster to allow players to set their ammo mix, perhaps with certain predefined mixes if the player has the appropriate bullets on their person.

Or you could always go with some massive gatling cannon, if that's what you'd rather. Maybe I'm just biased because of Hearts of Demons: Baron. Heh, I'd kinda like to see the M2 with a fitted scope so the player could use it as a marksman weapon.
Marisa the Magician

Copypasted from discord:
Current lineup of the DLC weaponset:
- 1. Itamex Reinforced Hammer (it's a sledgehammer, what else can I say, go bash some skulls with this, also it's affected by the Ragekit)
- 2. Plasma Blaster (Pew pew face-melting balls of hurt, can be charged, can also be dual-wielded)
- 3. Puntzer Beta (Top-break revolver nailgun with a rapid fire mode, Demo can spin it even harder than the Explodium Gun)
- 4. Puntzer Gamma (Bastard child of a P90 and a nailgun, with fuller auto because of course, fun times will be had)
- 5. Sheen HMG (A heavy mah-sheen gahn, fires 14.5mm thicc boolets at either 700, 1050 or 2100 RPM, doesn't need to reload due to self-feeding from Hammerspace)
- 6. Quadravol (Thicc fireball launcher with very spiky parts at the front so you can impale and toast losers at the same time, pump to strengthen the shots, but watch out for overcharge)
- 7. Blackfire Igniter (Schutt cold fire that casts shadow, makes popsicles, altfire supercools air into impaling icy spears)
- 8. Rail Carbine (Thunderbuster on steroids, can do chain-lightning, fries stuff real good but requires a steady charge, tube fed bolt action just for funsies)
- 9. Ray-Khom (Plasma grenade launcher, very silent, supposedly a "light sidearm", somehow)
- 0. Grand Lance (So, you know what a rail gun is, right? Like the actual IRL concept, I mean, not stuff like Quake 2's... yeah)

And the second DLC weaponset:
- 1. Hand of Divine (A big fuckoff magic gauntlet that imitates your movements, you can launch punches and slaps with it, also affected by Ragekit)
- 7. Sparkster Rifle (So basically we took the Biospark Carbine and turned it into man-portable plasma artillery)
- 9. Mortal Rifle (A battle rifle designed by reality benders, what could go wrong?)
- 0. Rafan-Kos (So, do you know what a Master Spark is?)
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Ah, I see. I was hoping for something that could take advantage of having multiple ammo types, but I see you've already got your own ideas.
Marisa the Magician

Honestly, as exciting of an idea as multiple ammo types was when it all began, I found on the long run that it can add a lot of unwanted complexity to the gameplay, so that's been toned down over time. Doubt I'll do it much in future projects, either.
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

Disregarding above explanation, my idea of rapid fire weapon is;
Arms mounted minigun, each arm can fire 50 bullets each second, it also has auto tracking system. Deals one damage each bullet though. It's also a starter weapon.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Considering even the most basic of zombies have 20HP each, with anything higher going up to 100s, that sounds like a rather terrible weapon to use compared to Demo's Explodium.
Also, yeah. Best to save the suggestions, 'cause Mari's clearly got stuff in mind.
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

The highly intelligent cybernetic combatant.

Codename: THICC
Marisa the Magician

Re: [1.1.45] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

OK you know what, since 1.2 is taking so long might as well actually fix the broken logo shader.

Apologies to all non-NVIDIA GPU users for the delay. Now, I better get back to work.

Edit: I also had to push 1.1.46 because of some code that was written improperly and caused recent GZDoom devbuilds to crash.
Last edited by Marisa the Magician on Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RastaManGames

Re: [1.1.45] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

Post by RastaManGames »

Oh... I have a little question... Sorry if it was asked recently...
Any news about standalone versions of your nice & dope enemy HP bars and damage numbers?
I like "Target Spy" and "DamNums", but sometimes I wanna some variation and you done these things very well.
frdoomer

Re: [1.1.46] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

Post by frdoomer »

Is there a way to extract the minimap?
It's the best one I have seen so far and I wish I could try it on other mods.
Thanks

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”