I keep getting particles on my screen, but only in DM.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

I keep getting particles on my screen, but only in DM.

Post by yum13241 »

These white particles are spawning in for NO reason all over my screen, around my character, even while chasecaming, but the effect only surrounds the character. This only happens in DM. I would prefer NOT to nuke my ini.

My INI:
gzdoom_portable.ini
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: I keep getting particles on my screen, but only in DM.

Post by wildweasel »

I suspect what you're seeing is the effect of cl_respawninvuleffect - set that to 0 and it should go away.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

wildweasel wrote:I suspect what you're seeing is the effect of cl_respawninvuleffect - set that to 0 and it should go away.
Unknown command cl_respawninvuleffect
Keep in mind I originally copy pasted my config from Zandronum (Yes, IK this is a very bad idea).
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Then, I'm sorry, but you will probably need to start a new INI file. I can't figure out what other setting it could be.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

wildweasel wrote:Then, I'm sorry, but you will probably need to start a new INI file. I can't figure out what other setting it could be.

So be it...

(This is what I get for being lazy AF, well deserved.)

Edit: Even after trashing my INI and starting over, I STILL get those goddamn particles, just less noticeable. Maybe cuz i did it on my Linux laptop...

2nd edit: goes away on windows laptop... (i tested by doing "map map01 dm", but on my linux laptop i used the alias called "solodm", maybe my dmflags are screwing it?) [even without nuking my ini, i think it's something else]. 3rd edit: AHAHA! it was the broken respawn protection setting which doesnt protect you!

Return to “Technical Issues”