La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BBHFAF

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.775 tweak it

Post by BBHFAF »

I really like this mod!! Are you planning on adding a bellydancer outfit?
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Returning to the question of Heretic compatibility given Angelic Aviary recently added it and both mods fit well together so it'd be nice to have as an option. Off the top of my head it required:
  • Converting the MMO++ minion graphics and any other Doom paletted ones to indexed PNG. SLADE mostly does it correctly, except for the two frozen sprites which have spurious blue pixels.
  • Mostly La Tailor Girl uses its own assets but rocket explosion graphic/sound are part of Doom. Possibly others.
  • Minor HUD additions for the Heretic keys. There is a potentially better way of doing this via "keyslot" checking, see how it's done in NAKU-NARU, and then using the filter/ folder to change how key graphics look since Doom and Heretic have shared keyslots.
  • Balance concerns, I think could mostly be done via mods that change the damage multipliers for player/enemies. Like what Guncaster does but there are stand-alone ones.
  • The biggest, decide on item replacments and what to do about inventory items.
Armor and weapons are straightforward. Ammunition can just be spread about a bit but in lower quantities. Certain inventory items map to existing ones or vials. Tome of Power = Berserk. Wings of Wrath should probably remain as they are, maybe with a cosplay wings spin? Invincibility likewise or at least an on-use Kamui. Morph ovum and time bomb = ??? This is potentially a non-trivial amount of work but I'm open to helping on it.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

dragomir wrote:1.how do you feed nari's bow? :|
2.Can i remove current cloth without destroying it? and can i wear a new cloth without destroying my current one?
3.There is a scissor icon.what does it do?
1. You use the use key, the same key you use to open doors when you're on top of an outfit
2. Nope.
3. If its the decorative one on the hud, its just decorative, if its a red half one, its an inventory item that can be used for slicing effect
I really like this mod!! Are you planning on adding a bellydancer outfit?
Eventually

Returning to the question of Heretic compatibility given Angelic Aviary recently added it and both mods fit well together so it'd be nice to have as an option. Off the top of my head it required:

Converting the MMO++ minion graphics and any other Doom paletted ones to indexed PNG. SLADE mostly does it correctly, except for the two frozen sprites which have spurious blue pixels.
Mostly La Tailor Girl uses its own assets but rocket explosion graphic/sound are part of Doom. Possibly others.
Minor HUD additions for the Heretic keys. There is a potentially better way of doing this via "keyslot" checking, see how it's done in NAKU-NARU, and then using the filter/ folder to change how key graphics look since Doom and Heretic have shared keyslots.
Balance concerns, I think could mostly be done via mods that change the damage multipliers for player/enemies. Like what Guncaster does but there are stand-alone ones.
The biggest, decide on item replacments and what to do about inventory items.

Armor and weapons are straightforward. Ammunition can just be spread about a bit but in lower quantities. Certain inventory items map to existing ones or vials. Tome of Power = Berserk. Wings of Wrath should probably remain as they are, maybe with a cosplay wings spin? Invincibility likewise or at least an on-use Kamui. Morph ovum and time bomb = ??? This is potentially a non-trivial amount of work but I'm open to helping on it.
I have no plans to personally make any compatibility patches for other games, another user called serious cacodemon did make one back in the day that made it work with hexen if I recall correctly
So yeah. you have my permission to make a patch for it if you so desire

In other news, I plan to release a new update before december ends, at least adding a new PDA made by Ace. Other outfits and balance changes are possible but for now, expect a little polishing
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Hege Cactus wrote:I have no plans to personally make any compatibility patches for other games, another user called serious cacodemon did make one back in the day that made it work with hexen if I recall correctly
That, rings a bell but I can't see anything about it further back, or at least not it being released. Anyway, I'll take another look after the update, anything I do on my own will be rudimentary, not like the polish High Noon Drifter or Guncaster have for example.
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

Looking forward for the update but also, happy new year everybody, just in advance. It has been an awful year to say the least what comes on world events especially the covid-19. Here's from me a hope that next year will put a leash on it.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Happy valentines
It's update time

La Tailor girl v 1.8
Download

Big changes;

PDA is now remade! Thanks to Ace!
All characters can now use the PDA aswell
The PDA lists the character bio, current weapons and their effects by the outfit and the outfit itself.

This should now help players about all the effects and such
Will likely have some typos and such but hey its there

The mega milk shirt is now all characters wearable and is now a rare outfit
Enjoy

some other changes;
-Fixed the schoolgirl outfit speed bug
-Schoolgirl rocket spam alt fire now has recoil
-Schoolgirl outfit rifle alt fire now has longer cooldown after shot but has higher damage range, upgraded version also deals significantly more damage than before
AvzinElkein

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.8 mega milk

Post by AvzinElkein »

I noticed that the PDA doesn't tell you what the current bow imbuement does.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

AvzinElkein wrote:I noticed that the PDA doesn't tell you what the current bow imbuement does.
That would've required a lot more work than it was worth, same with the synergies
Maybe some day but right now the working PDA for the general use was the priority
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Ah, okay. I did notice that the MMO armor claims it's "hard to repair", but in fact, it appears to be the opposite... Another thing, is the Barrel-infused bow primary supposed to cost no ammo?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

AvzinElkein wrote: Another thing, is the Barrel-infused bow primary supposed to cost no ammo?
No it should not, need to remember to fix that.

Version 1.83
Download

Notable changes;

New outfit! The bush! Ol classic cartoon gag now wearable.
Includes lot of grass type specials and other plant matter

The sheep outfit is now upgradeable for Daina and Sewie
This will make you a real tank.

Maid outfit now has some base line enchants.

Graphic updates;
- Sewie now has some WIP Hud sprites like Nari does
- Maid outfit resprite for Daina
- Nurse armor resprite for Daina
- Swimsuit sprite refine for Daina

misc:
- Buffed Exbikini icegun alt fire to be cheaper
- minor fix things I didnt write down.
hatsunemiekuah
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.83 bush

Post by hatsunemiekuah »

i wonder how to spawn certain armor using console commands? i'd like to know the upgraded version of the barrel girl XD
Hege Cactus

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.83 bush

Post by Hege Cactus »

hatsunemiekuah wrote:i wonder how to spawn certain armor using console commands? i'd like to know the upgraded version of the barrel girl XD
You can look em up from the files if you wish to

Update time!
V 1.85
Download

Big changes;

-Daina now has custom voice acting!
The voices are by a great voice actor called Mizzpeachy and I paid 100€+ euros for them, you better be appreciative

-Bush outfit is now upgradeable
Enjoy the leaves

-Void sphere has gotten a major buff in its main fire
Second fire of the combo will now cause some real mayhem
AvzinElkein

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.85 Daina's new Voice

Post by AvzinElkein »

Is it just me, or is the "hard to fix" trait of the Barrel outfit misleading? (Playing as Sewie if that matters) Also, is the Succubus imbue primary fire supposed to not cost any ammo?
Hege Cactus

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.85 Daina's new Voice

Post by Hege Cactus »

AvzinElkein wrote:Is it just me, or is the "hard to fix" trait of the Barrel outfit misleading? (Playing as Sewie if that matters) Also, is the Succubus imbue primary fire supposed to not cost any ammo?
it's double misleading cause the hard to fix means it receives way less durability from health packs but it might not seem like that due of its high base durability
I'll check the succubi imbue for the next update, I am not sure if I remember if it was or not

Minor update
1.85b

Download

Bug fixes, some typos fixed and a buff to the upgraded ninja outfits shocker alt.
AvzinElkein

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.85b Daina's new Voice

Post by AvzinElkein »

Also, I noticed that Sewie can't upgrade the "default" outfit more than once despite the PDA saying otherwise. Also, when I tried using Scientist altfires, vials didn't drop! In addition, Sewie has no Skykini avatar. One more thing: Sewie wearing the Tactical Uniform incorrectly shows her reload costing Strings of Life when it should be free (according to the Imgur post attached).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”