Raze 1.3.0 released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Raze 1.3.0 released

Post by Graf Zahl »

Download (OpenGL 3.3/OpenGL ES 2.0 and higher required) Visit the new homepage (still under construction)

This new release brings several bug fixes and improvements:
  • Blood fix some major issues rendering modern features largely inoperable in 1.2.x.
  • Blood: Backport GDX fix for lighter just appearing when switching to the aerosol.
  • Duke/RR: strip trailing spaces off strings parsed in CON.
  • properly macro-fy parsed strings from Blood's INI.
  • Blood: Fix TNT pickup accidentally equipping player with voodoo doll.
  • Exhumed: fixed bad interpolation setup in AddFlow, plus some variable renaming.
  • enable depth clamping in GLES backend
  • Duke/RR/SW: Fix several crashes when noclipping out of the valid map area.
  • Make a number of CVARs in `gamecvars.cpp` saved as part of the global config: `cl_weaponsway` `cl_viewbob` `cl_interpolate` `cl_slopetilting` `cl_showweapon` `cl_syncinput` `cl_hudinterpolation` `cl_loadingscreens`
  • fixed camera textures breaking in SW when restarting a level.
  • fixed bad sector being chosen for rendering in maps with sector overlaps.
  • added .ssi to the list of known extensions for container files.
  • fixed handling for cl_capfps and cl_nointerpolate to never use any smoothratio value other than 1.0.
  • Blood: don't play the same looped sound multiple times on the same actor. This caused some strong echoing on E4M6.
  • fixed center aligned rendering of 2D content. This calculates the centered pivot point in integer texel coordinate space so for odd numbers it must round down instead of using a fractional position.
  • fixed animated voxels in new renderer.
  • fixed assignment of map hacks with multiple maps assigned. The parser only ever added the last MD4 but not the others.
  • fixed translucent voxel rendering.
  • make upscaling of sky textures depend on the single tile size, not the entire composite texture.
  • fixed sky rendering in paletted sectors for Polymost.
  • [Blood] Fix self collisions for lifeleech projectiles
  • [Blood] Match view height clamping behavior to 1.21
  • Change out of box default of `cl_runmode` to 0, which allows the bound run key to act like an autorun negator.
  • SW: un-flag mirrors that got smashed. The new renderer cannot check tilenums.
  • SW: Tidy up use of `cl_nomeleeblur` use within panel code.
  • address issues with key down/key up events being sent in the same tic not having an effect on game actions that require a key being held down.
  • Make screenjob valid keys for skipping ignore the Alt key as its used for modifiers, and special keys like the screenshot bind.
  • flush the network timer right after loading and before starting a level. Without this the entire load time may get registered as skipped frames.
  • Exhumed: flag the main menu as animated. This is needed for the plasma display to animate properly.
  • Duke: Fix issue where calculated value for old player variable `return_to_center` could have been negative, causing undefined behaviour.
  • Add support for Duke Nukem's Penthouse Paradise as shipped with the Zoom release of Duke Nukem 3D Atomic.
  • Patch in registry detection for Duke 3D Atomic + Expansions from Zoom on Windows.
  • `processMovement()`. Remove `cl_exhumedoldturn` CVAR and tidy up numeric literals in use.
  • Build: Promote `sintable[]` array values to precision Blood uses.
  • Blood: Fix horizon adjustment for death camera to avoid Fixed > Float > Fixed conversion.
  • Exhumed: Don't run through the slopetilting math if the view is locked.
Big Frauds
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Raze 1.3.0 released

Post by Big Frauds »

Good fixes!

I tested out Shadow Warrior and noticed a bug in the first level of the shareware episode: The invisible ninja's firebomb trails stuck on a door frame near the end of the level (to be precise, the right hallway of the two locked passages to Platform 45 where the train is first found).

Looking forward to finally testing some of the crazier games Raze supports!
mjr4077au

Post by mjr4077au »

If you have a save of that occurring, that'd be great to check out and see what's gone wrong there.
sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

is this like wolf 3d and doom where you just download the game (duke nukem for this) off steam and it will work with this? i just want to make sure because its $20 for duke nukem.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

sirudoom wrote:is this like wolf 3d and doom where you just download the game (duke nukem for this) off steam and it will work with this? i just want to make sure because its $20 for duke nukem.
Yes, in simple words you can say it like that. Among several Build3D engine-based games, Raze supports Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour.

Check out a much better deal for Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour for roughly ~$1.97 over at GamesPlanet.

You'll end up with $18.00 left in your pocket, so you can buy your mom some flowers and sweets for Christmas. That makes two happy people already. If that's not a great deal, I don't know what is. 🎅
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

Graf Zahl wrote:This new release brings several bug fixes and improvements:
That's quite an impressive changelog. Thank you for your hard work and dedication and an early Christmas surprise. 🎄🎁🎅
PlayerLin
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

deus-ex wrote: Yes, in simple words you can say it like that. Among several Build3D engine-based games, Raze supports Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour.

Check out a much better deal for Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour for roughly ~$1.97 over at GamesPlanet.

You'll end up with $18.00 left in your pocket, so you can buy your mom some flowers and sweets for Christmas. That makes two happy people already. If that's not a great deal, I don't know what is. 🎅
If someone want original Atomic Edition, can get that on Zoom Platform : https://www.zoom-platform.com/product/d ... ic-edition , no censorship or something got changed due to whatever reasons, also with all official addons in one pack.
(YES, that's legal, they have perpetual license that Gearbox could not revoke so yeah, this is the only legal way to get DN3D:AE and the addons.)

Yeah, it's a bit more than that cheap WT and both editions have their own special/new things that other one doesn't has so well, why not get both if possible. :P
sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour comes with new levels, i didnt know that. its worth $20. i heard Blood: Fresh Supply isnt bad, its only $10. i dont listen to goth that much, but i saw a live concert of CLAN OF XYMOX on yt and now im in the mood for a goth game, hexen and heretic are good goth games ive been playing those a lot. well doom is too, but anyways im dl'ing blood and see if its dope. thanks for the help.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Those old expansion packs offer a lot more value than the 8 WT maps, though. Paying $20 just for that is a bit much.
For Blood, Fresh Supply is ok - it contains the original game data - just dump the engine and use a port of your choice for a better experience. :twisted:
sirudoom

Post by sirudoom »

all i know is a better experience for blood for me is the easiest setting.
Big Frauds

Post by Big Frauds »

mjr4077au wrote:If you have a save of that occurring, that'd be great to check out and see what's gone wrong there.
Here it is!
save0000.dsave
(115.61 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
I wonder if this is actually an original SW bug and not Raze-specific. I'm using the Vulkan renderer and didn't install the CD-ROM music yet; I'm also attaching my INI in case that is interesting.
raze-mysettings.ini
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
PlayerLin wrote:so yeah, this is the only legal way to get DN3D:AE and the addons.
Some OG players still have their bling coasters too ;)

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”