Request for some 3D models

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Daryn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Professional X64
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Request for some 3D models

Post by Daryn »

I've been searching around for models to use in our project. Blackrayne had a bunch, and I've triaged a bunch of them from that pack.

If anyone has a decent office chair or two, that'd be really helpful. I have the one in the sitters and abbspack, and I think it could be joined by a couple more to spice up the environs.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a decent sailboat or speedboat MD3?

Thanks.
Unknown_Horse

Re: Request for some 3D models

Post by Unknown_Horse »

This one has a lot of nice 3d models.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=71065
Daryn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Professional X64

Post by Daryn »

Thanks, there's some pretty good stuff in here.

Does anyone have a Dome Camera model? I'm pretty sure I have seen this somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it now.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Daryn wrote:Thanks, there's some pretty good stuff in here.

Does anyone have a Dome Camera model? I'm pretty sure I have seen this somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it now.

My friend, I have over 5000 models and counting, ready to be used directly in doombuilder. My newest modelpack is counter strike source.

MASS EFFECT modelpack:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k707-6 ... sp=sharing

Soldier of Fortune 2 double helix:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=58179

Black Rayne Studios collection: (their website doesn´t exist anymore....erm you have been warned)
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=58223

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy / Jedi Outcast
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=57378

some other andom stuff, very old but not from me. Found that somewhere here in the forums back then.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_Jbts ... sp=sharing
Last edited by WARCHILD_89 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It could just be my Internet connection - because it is being flaky due to disruption from storm Arwen (pesky half elves), but the SoF2 and BR links tell me that I don't have access to them:
The Jedi one seems OK - but I still can't DL it due to Arwen making my connection too slow (though I think I have probably DL'd them all in the past).
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Enjay wrote:It could just be my Internet connection - because it is being flaky due to disruption from storm Arwen (pesky half elves), but the SoF2 and BR links tell me that I don't have access to them:
The Jedi one seems OK - but I still can't DL it due to Arwen making my connection too slow (though I think I have probably DL'd them all in the past).

strange. But I updated the links now. Should work.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

They all seem to be working now. Thank you.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Wow, that's quite a LOT of models :o Would you mind if I would be usin' some as well?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

In the Mass Effect archive (which has some very cool models) there is a text file in one of the "n7_spdr1_*" folders (I forget which one - and I fixed my copy so I can't check because my internet is being flaky again). The text file is reported as 0 length and 7zip gets confused by this file and will not successfully extract anything if this file is one of the ones selected.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Reactor wrote:Wow, that's quite a LOT of models :o Would you mind if I would be usin' some as well?

You are welcome to do that. I have not seen anybody using my models up till now :cry:

Even Enjay here is the only one actually adressing problems/bugs. My modelpacks do not seem to draw much attention, so I am mostly left without any feedback.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Enjay wrote:In the Mass Effect archive (which has some very cool models) there is a text file in one of the "n7_spdr1_*" folders (I forget which one - and I fixed my copy so I can't check because my internet is being flaky again). The text file is reported as 0 length and 7zip gets confused by this file and will not successfully extract anything if this file is one of the ones selected.
you are right. It´s an empty txt file I put there deliberately as a to-do reminder. the file is obsolete. I have no problem extracting the pk3 though. I get the error message but 7zip still extracts it all.

try updating your 7zip.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

My 7zip is bang up to date (updated to 21.06 a couple of days ago). I'm not sure why it failed on that file. If I select everything in the pk3, 7zip will give me an error messages if I try to extract the files (by dragging and dropping them out of the PK3 from the 7zip window). It looks like it is working (the files appear to be getting extracted), but the interface tells me that there is a problem with the text file, and the extracted files never appear in their new directory. They are probably sitting in a temp directory somewhere. If I do exactly the same as the above but deselect the folder with the 0-length file before dragging/dropping, it works.

It's not a big deal because I have fixed my copy (7zip allowed me to delete the text file) but I just thought I'd mention it in case others had the problem.

[edit]
And my internet finally stated stable long enough to get the CSS file. That's quite a tour de force. There are loads of potentially useful models in there. I noticed a few that exhibit z-fighting but I guess that's just down to how the models are and the vast majority seem to be very good indeed. Thank you for the huge effort this must have taken.
Spoiler:
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

"The underside of the boxes on these shelves show z-fighting"

The original .mdl already did that.

"They both look worse in game because they flicker as you move."
I guess the z height of the actor model needs to be adjusted. Some models have negative x / y /z values. This means a model might be rendered half buried in the ground.

this can be modified/corrected via modeldef. try "offset 0 0 10" in its definition, to adjust the Z height of the model (the actor height is seperate from the model height)

"The UV map for this model isn't right (either that, or it's using the wrong skin)"

You have two versions of the same vehicle standing side by side. I guess the working one was the final version. I have no Texture for the bigger one. There never was as it seems.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:I guess the z height of the actor model needs to be adjusted. Some models have negative x / y /z values. This means a model might be rendered half buried in the ground.
I haven't had a chance to check the packet modelt but they did not seem to be clashing with the ground. The model probably has a double face on that surface or or something. If I get a chance, I'll look into it. There are so many models in the pack that even finding them is quite a job. ;)

With the boxes on the shelves, it's because the bottom of the boxes are at the same height as the shelf bottoms. The kodel probably needs to be edited to move them up slightly if anyone wants to use them. It's a simple enough edit though.
WARCHILD_89 wrote:You have two versions of the same vehicle standing side by side. I guess the working one was the final version. I have no Texture for the bigger one. There never was as it seems.
I did actually look at this one - albeit briefly. The two models are in different folders in the PK3 and each one has a skin with it. I didn't look too hard, so I 'm not sure if they had the same skin image or not. I may look at it in more detail to see if the skin can be remapped but I'm really short on time right now.

Either way, these are just a few niggles in an immense and potentially very useful model pack. So, once again, thank you.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Feel free to work with my packs as you wish. ;-)

My main job is as follows:

1) find models
2) convert to md3 and sort textures and models.
3) write basic decorate and basic modeldef for use in Doombuilder and set tons of TIDs (I just recently encountered I can use mapinfo instead and save days of work lol)
4) share with people and let them do anything with it.

Return to “Requests”