GZDoom v4.7.1 Error

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
WiseFree
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

GZDoom v4.7.1 Error

Post by WiseFree »

Hello i have a problem that i need to be solved and i dont know what to do. I have the crash folder explaining the occurrence and if someone could please help solve this problem i would be grateful.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(30.18 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoom v4.7.1 Error

Post by axredneck »

Looks like you loaded very many mods at once. Are they all compatible with each other?
Edit: yes, looks like it's a problem with one of mods:

Code: Select all

Script error, "CyberdemonsMissileLauncher.pk3:decorate" line 3:
Replaced type 'CyberdemonGun' not found for CyberdemonGunSpawner
WiseFree

Post by WiseFree »

axredneck wrote:Looks like you loaded very many mods at once. Are they all compatible with each other?
Edit: yes, looks like it's a problem with one of mods:

Code: Select all

Script error, "CyberdemonsMissileLauncher.pk3:decorate" line 3:
Replaced type 'CyberdemonGun' not found for CyberdemonGunSpawner
Even if i remove it still the error stays, if i for example leave only Project Brutality it gives the same error , if i put only Brutal Doom v21 it does the same error. It so strange it worries me so.
Here´s a Crash Report of that example of Project Brutality.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(27.15 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

It crashes in ow-graphics-vulkan.dll and i don't know what that dll is. Besides that log doesn't give any graphics information.
Try OpenGL if you're actually running Vulkan.
WiseFree

Post by WiseFree »

Yea apparently Vulkan is either broken or something about it doesnt work .
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Vulkan is "broken" because of your setup. Uninstall something (Overwolf?) that added ow-graphics-vulkan.dll, and everything will be fine.
WiseFree

Post by WiseFree »

I think i accidentaly deleted Vulkan from my computer ..... now what!?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Reinstall your display driver. It should install vulkan.
WiseFree

Post by WiseFree »

Ok did it ,i avoided a crisis there and now i try it again to run the game but it still gives the same error dam it.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

WiseFree wrote:Ok did it ,i avoided a crisis there and now i try it again to run the game but it still gives the same error dam it.
How does a blank installation of GZDoom with Vulkan work? So just GZDoom and the base game, no mods whatsoever.

My general impression is that Project Brutality is rather privy how and where it is loaded and a lot of issues here stem around that mod. Which version are you using?
WiseFree

Post by WiseFree »

Redneckerz wrote:
WiseFree wrote:Ok did it ,i avoided a crisis there and now i try it again to run the game but it still gives the same error dam it.
How does a blank installation of GZDoom with Vulkan work? So just GZDoom and the base game, no mods whatsoever.

My general impression is that Project Brutality is rather privy how and where it is loaded and a lot of issues here stem around that mod. Which version are you using?
I go to the repository from Project Brutality so it keep changing .... but its base its 3.0

Edit: Good news i found the problem , wen _mental_ told me about the Overwolf i found it and deleted it , suddently it now works! But now i dont have a Curseforge that binded to Overwolf to load my Minecraft Modpacks... yay?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

WiseFree wrote:Edit: Good news i found the problem , wen _mental_ told me about the Overwolf i found it and deleted it , suddently it now works! But now i dont have a Curseforge that binded to Overwolf to load my Minecraft Modpacks... yay?
Report the issue to the overwolf developers. They are the ones with broken software that injects their vulkan overlay (or whatever it is they are doing) into all processes on your system. GZDoom is not doing anything wrong here.

Return to “Technical Issues”