Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
NovaRain

Re: (Release 1.02) Ashes Afterglow TC

Post by NovaRain »

TDG wrote:
NovaRain wrote:Been playing 1.02 and now in Prosperity, but kinda stuck:
Spoiler:
Silver during his conversation mentions that he and his crew got the hazmat suits from a nuclear power plant or nuclear materials storage facility *hint hint *
Ah, yes, after my post I noticed that I can jump into a tunnel that leads to the power plant, thanks.
And just finished the second hub around Prosperity and went to Anomaly 210 before Site Sigma. Still some questions though:
Spoiler:
Galrohir

Post by Galrohir »

Hey, I made an account just so I could thank you for this game. It's terrific, and I've been shilling it to all my friends, you deserve every kudos you get.

I just finished Afterglow and I'll do a replay of the Enriched edition, but I wanted to ask something about the ending, because I think mine might've bugged out:
Spoiler:
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Vostyok wrote: Watch this thread.
That's funny, implying I'm not already refreshing this thread on my phone every half hour!

Can't wait! :D
Mechazaurus

Post by Mechazaurus »

Galrohir wrote:Hey, I made an account just so I could thank you for this game. It's terrific, and I've been shilling it to all my friends, you deserve every kudos you get.

I just finished Afterglow and I'll do a replay of the Enriched edition, but I wanted to ask something about the ending, because I think mine might've bugged out:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

So uhh....
Spoiler:
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Serathis wrote:So uhh....
Spoiler:
Just stay in there. Have faith?
Serathis

Post by Serathis »

Vostyok wrote:
Serathis wrote:So uhh....
Spoiler:
Just stay in there. Have faith?
derp. Ok got it. On to ep 3!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

New update should be soon (within the next hour). Currently testing build. Thank you for patience, anyone still waiting. xxxx
Shadefyre

Post by Shadefyre »

Really enjoying my time with Afterglow so far, and I haven't even left the city yet. However, one part that is driving me crazy at the moment is trying to find a way into a visible area of The Gap.
Spoiler:
Psychodelic

Post by Psychodelic »

Well, I'm gonna play some Hideous Destructor until the next update drops.
Mechazaurus

Post by Mechazaurus »

Shadefyre wrote:Really enjoying my time with Afterglow so far, and I haven't even left the city yet. However, one part that is driving me crazy at the moment is trying to find a way into a visible area of The Gap.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
lumbo7332
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Fedora Kinoite
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by lumbo7332 »

We'll have to restart with the new update, right?
Vostyok

(Enriched Update) Ashes Afterglow TC

Post by Vostyok »

Hello!

As mentioned previously, today we are releasing an update to the enriched edition of Episode 1. As well as adding back keyboard controls for the bike, this update repairs many of the issues discovered during the first release. As a special thanks for all the feedback and patience during Afterglow's development, I have decided to add a couple of new things to this.

-New Map, originally cut from 2063 due to me not knowing how the hell to pull it off. To start this new (mostly action, but interesting history) quest, simply talk to Kurt while at The Wall.
-Classic Shotgun, retaining the style of the original release while packing a couple of helpful buffs to better match its original performance. You have a chance to win this in the above job.

included in this update:
-Keyboard controls for bike
-You can now 100% every map - including the subway (you can return to the main path after facing the ambush)
-fixes to several weapons (machine pistol's altfire burst has been fixed to not do minimum damage)
-lots of fixes to maps, but I'm sure I've forgotten a few things (sorry :oops: )
-Holstered weapons while in town
-New Mall music - no content id strikes should occur now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z64bdy54 ... d.zip/file
Please note: This will break any existing save.

Many changes have also been going on with Afterglow. Am hoping to overhaul much of the scripts which have been causing problems. As well as this, I'm hoping to add a few new endings to give a less ambiguous end for many places and characters, fully set up the last Uberlock safe so it can actually open (beware - this will be the most convoluted and interesting unlocking procedure yet) give Lucy some more things to do, and fill out some of the towns with more characters. This should all be complete by the end of the following week - but aiming to release ASAP.

Many thanks for all the support. I hope you enjoy. I'll hopefully be packing this release up as a standalone installer using freedoom as well, to make it easier to download and run.
lumbo7332
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Fedora Kinoite
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: (Enriched Update) Ashes Afterglow TC

Post by lumbo7332 »

Is there any point to killing the cannibal warlord? I can just run away from him, and he drops nothing.
Last edited by lumbo7332 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mechazaurus

Re: (Enriched Update) Ashes Afterglow TC

Post by Mechazaurus »

Thanks, I'll try it soon

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”