Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.24)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.23)

Post by kadu522 »

Hello! The download link is dead at the moment.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

kadu522 wrote:Hello! The download link is dead at the moment.
That's odd - it's working on my end. I'll see if I can figure something out.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Just checked on my end, it's working fine.
kadu522

Post by kadu522 »

oh yea now it works on my end >_>

I must have tryed to downloaded on a weird day or something cus the download would prosses but one time it ended premature and the other 2 times it was claiming errors.
slyrboi

Post by slyrboi »

been played it till the end. was a thrilling ride. and the story had a nice simplicity in it.
i was hoping a sequel on this, or at the very least the same idea with this TC. maybe the new Doom Slayer coming back to gensokyo or into another universe like Undertale.
QTPieMUffet

Post by QTPieMUffet »

I know this is a dumb question but anybody know how to use the spellcards?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Inventory keys. Check GZD binds.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

slyrboi wrote:been played it till the end. was a thrilling ride. and the story had a nice simplicity in it.
i was hoping a sequel on this, or at the very least the same idea with this TC. maybe the new Doom Slayer coming back to gensokyo or into another universe like Undertale.
I've been thinking about what, if any, would be my new kind of 'big' project ever since Touhou Doom ended, but it's very unlikely that I'll ever come up with anything like this again, due to a combination of two factors:

1. I'm not an artist.
That's seriously it, but the fact I have zero abilities in the visual aesthetic field is a huge hamper on a lot of potential projects because I'm immediately stuck with the "okay, what do I do for all of this" step. I'm someone who works best with a limited asset pool and seeing what the limit of that asset pool is, but it needs to exist for me to have much mileage. Touhou Doom was blessed by the fact that most of the artwork already existed; I didn't have to make any of the assets for it (as most of them taken from actual Touhou lol).

2. I'm not as much into Touhou anymore, and none of my other fandom dives are as appropriate for a Doom mod.
If you follow my youtube channel (unlikely but entirely possible), you're probably aware of the fact that I've given up the Touhou rabbit hole to be consumed entirely by the virtual youtuber rabbit hole instead, and as much as I love it there, the intersection of VTuber fans and DOOM fans is an intersection that likely consists of, uh, me. It's why my big personal project as of recently was for a different game - that'd be the Stepmania Virtual Youtuber Pad Pack (and I won't elaborate further in this forum because this isn't the place for it). I still enjoy Doom and play it from time to time but it's not as much of a creative outlet for me anymore.
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

How about VTuber allies mod?
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

This isn't really the place to talk about it (as this is getting fairly off-topic; my most available platform is you want to talk is discord (wrsw#0132, also idle in Yholl's doom project discord server)), but to answer quickly: to be honest, I'd do it, but, uh, point 1 kills that. Touhou Doom nearly didn't happen because of my lack of art skills; I was just lucky enough to find just enough resources (as well as find people willing to help me) to cobble together the mod to make everything work. I don't think I can get a miracle like that a second time.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

slyrboi wrote:been played it till the end. was a thrilling ride. and the story had a nice simplicity in it.
I would actually love that. Imagine Doom Slayer vs. Photoshop Flowey or Asriel Dreemur!
Though, most likely, Doom Slayer would probably blast the little talking flower to subatomic particles right at the first room...
hatsunemiekuah
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hatsunemiekuah »

Missed the opportunity to call it The 3D Touhou Project.

reagrdless i still like it~
Razor Toaster

Post by Razor Toaster »

Very good mod. I did enjoy it.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

hatsunemiekuah wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:51 pm Missed the opportunity to call it The 3D Touhou Project.

reagrdless i still like it~
The thing is, Touhou Doom isn't just "Touhou but 3D"; it truly does retain a lot of material from DOOM itself.
Razor Toaster wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:55 pm Very good mod. I did enjoy it.
Glad to hear it!
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.24)

Post by Untitled »

Minor update.

When I started Touhou Doom, by default, if you didn't specify a text color for print, it would print in gold. At some point, this was changed to the CR_UNTRANSLATED color, which is red. This made Remilia and Reimu's dialogues literally unreadable.

I've gone back and changed all player narration back to gold, permanently this time.

Link in OP.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”