[WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ghost Prototype

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Post by Ghost Prototype »

I killed that guy several times with different weapons, couldn't replicate the bug.
I also ran around fighting that Adrien thing on buddha mode, couldn't replicate the crash. Although this one has been reported before, I can't seem to figure out why,
I also tried replicating the no weight pick up, to no luck. Could you send me the save file?
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

here is a save file. its just right before the Adrien fight.

https://filebin.net/fdnt4wsk7ddfery5

I forgot to mention, I also loaded this immersive camera mod along with it:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=61915

as far as I know, it hasn't given me any problems with gameplay. but even before I started loading this immersive camera mod along, I was still having that inventory bug.
I like to load this mod with pretty much everything, and from my experience its pretty neutral and doesn't have any major conflicts with anything. I load it last.

also, im running it all on GZDoom 4.6.1

ive already beaten the latest demo, man I wish it was longer :cry: cannot wait for the full release, despite the bugs im absolutely in love with this project

thanks for letting me know the names of the songs! I had a feeling it was something vaporwave

edit: I literally went to load that save again just now, and it crashed as soon as I started shooting at Adrien. if you want, here is the crash log:

https://filebin.net/s8h7myk096wjvlf5
Ghost Prototype

Thanks! I'm now able to replicate the crash. I'll update you as soon as I can

EDIT: It's the revelation ring's damage reflecting passive that's causing the crash. Gonna try to patch that.
EDIT: Lockpick doesn't remove the inventory slot when taken, only dropped. Time to fuck around and patch that too :mrgreen:

UPDATE:
-Reflected damage set to only reflect damage originating from DF_Monster & DF_Boss class. funny enough you can also crash the game by blowing up a tnt barrel with the ring on. Fixed.
-Removed the 'Cost' field from DIALOGUE, should now work without breaking (It's a cheap hack). "Fixed".

I'll update the build in about a week or so if everything goes smooth. There's some other bug fix that I completely forgot to write down lol
Last edited by Ghost Prototype on Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost Prototype

Anyway, the immersive camera mod doesn't break anything. If anything it's actually quite a pleasant mod to play DF with. Thank you so much for playing! If there's any feedback you wanna throw my way, you can drop them here or hit me up on discord :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I forgot to play this demo so i gave it a try, and good heavens this this is super lengthy. In a good way! Every single map is in high quality and some areas are beyond impressive like putting a black magic on Doom Engine or something. Weapons are quite satisfying to use as well. I love the Tainted Shotgun that mostly puts bosses into pile of eldritch remains. Again this demo is lengthy, but i did manage to beat it within a day because it's that good. I think it's based on both Silent Hill and The Stanley Parable(but without the narrator).
Spoiler: Feedback time. This spoiler might contain spoilers, obviously
That is all. And i dunno about the full release date but once this TC's done, i bet it's gonna be extra 10 hours long or something. And i certainly can't wait to travel the worlds of horror and other scary stuff!
Ghost Prototype

Hope you had a good time Captain J :mrgreen: I'll get to working on these bugs. Will post an update to the changes I made when I run through them all. Again, thanks so much for the feedbacks!

UPDATE:
Spoiler:
Also, the demo is like 50% of the game lmao. The first 2 maps served as tutorial levels. And the third one (Crossroad level) is the first "for real" level.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

forgot to mention those bugs Captain J mentioned, but yes, i second that....

...as well as the issue with the chipped tooth. yeah its good when its at 100% but it does wear down very quick and repair kits are scarce, so i end up almost never using it and especially never on full auto, so having 3 fire rates on it makes it kind of pointless 🙁. the recoil on it is pretty gnarly too for an AR. even the shotgun recoil is like nothing compared to it, even with that doubleshot perk (forgot what its called).

speaking of perks, that shotgun doubleshot perk stops working after a while, dont know if thats intentional. also the perk for the chipped tooth that eliminates wear, thats great but cannot find the astronaut's piece (maybe its not included in the demo yet?) , nor can i find the axe (maybe not included yet either?)

my favorite part?
Spoiler:
Ghost Prototype

In defense of the AR, it's a quirky weapon. Players dumping more points into STR will get more of a use out of this weapon, since spread and recoil scales off of that. The adjustable fire-rates are there for you to play around with depending on how good your recoil control is, you get to make the choice. In this video, I have 3 STR and the upgrade lol. https://streamable.com/yamvun
Obviously I could've just dropped a proxy bomb on the cultists, or use the revolver's AOE damage, or lure them one at a time, but I think that's the great thing about having this arsenal with its differing strengths and weakness. They all have one use or another.

Also, idk what might've caused the doubleshot perk for the trenchgun to not work. Did you have enough PSI? it uses 3 IIRC. And the axe isn't included in the demo, neither is the 2 other artifacts. They're found in the next level after The Crossroads :P
Karl515
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavourOS
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Karl515 »

When will the next update drop? It's just for the sake of me not wasting time and bandwidth when the next update gets released tomorrow or something.
Ghost Prototype

Ghost Prototype wrote:I'll update the build in about a week or so if everything goes smooth. There's some other bug fix that I completely forgot to write down lol
Karl515
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavourOS
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Karl515 »

Dammit, should've read more. Thanks for replying even though you've already answered it.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: More Feedback incoming hoah
Spoiler: Extra Spoilers
Totally can't wait for more maps and creepy places.
Ghost Prototype

I too love the chicken quest. Not for the gameplay but how ridiculous the premise is lol
Spoiler:
Ghost Prototype

Things indeed went smoothly. I'm currently sick and on the verge of death but ayyyy we got this update rolled out lol. Includes all the fix I mentioned in the posts and several other ones I'm not gonna bother writing down.

ALSO. Getting Reshade running should be less of a pain now. Just run the 'ReShade_Setup_4.9.1.exe', leave it opened and running in the background. Then run 'Start Divine Frequency.bat'.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh shi, take it easy now! The time is plenty. But hey, i do really appreciate for the reply and the update. And honestly, i didn't even know that TNT Barrel wasn't for the dog but it was meant to be used against the worms spawning in. But honestly, Doggo is much more threatening than the worms. So yeah.

And about the Locked Cabinet thing when i actually beat this TC in first playthrough, i did stack up the Wits and unlocked it. It still consumed my Lockpick so technically, you DO require both higher Wits and the Lockpick. Well crap.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”