Brightmaps Plus v1.92

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wanisea

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.8

Post by wanisea »

The ability to identify enemies in the dark and dark makes it easier to play. Thank you.
strangebit

Post by strangebit »

By the way, the WadSmoosh AutoName change in GZDoom 4.6.0 also affected Brightmaps Plus in the same way. Easy fix by just copying the doom.id.doom2 filter folder as doom.id.wadsmoosh, except for the textures one. But I'm not sure that one is worth trying to support WadSmoosh with, because of the way WadSmoosh replaces the textures at runtime for the Final Doom maps. It would be a lot trickier.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Nah, I won't bother with that. Anyway, you would need to have the separate iwads to be able to use WadSmoosh, so you will be able to run this. I consider WS rather a gimmick and will treat it as such.
strangebit

Post by strangebit »

Okay yeah, I understand that. 8-)
Warden

Post by Warden »

I noticed the step4.png and step9.png brightmaps in doom.bm are misassigned. There are internal patches named step04 and step09, but the actual textures they make up are called step1 and step5 respectively. Right now, what should be called step1 is being applied to some generic concrete trim, and what should be called step5 is being applied to nothing because texture step9 doesn't exist.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Good catch! I have fixed STEP1 and STEP5 according to your hints. Basically step4.png is now step1.png and step9.png became step5.png (but it's now 2x STEP9 stacked on top of each other).

They should work fine ingame now with latest Github build (official release with next GZD version).
Delfino Furioso

Post by Delfino Furioso »

NightFright wrote:(official release with next GZD version)
does this mean that BP will ship within the next GZD binary release, or I am understanding it wrong?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

That's a negative. I am syncing it with the next GZD release since it will come with new widescreen graphics for Hexen, which I cannot take into consideration before it's official.
Last edited by NightFright on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.9 released

Post by NightFright »

Adjustments necessary for GZD v4.6.1 are finally official with its release now. Two texture fixes for Doom and four adjusted sprites for Hexen. Also, Warden's improved Mancubus firing sprites were too good to skip.

CHANGELOG:
[bmplus_spritefix.pk3] [bmplus_vanilla.pk3]
[DOOM2] Improved brightmaps for firing Mancubus by Warden
[HERETIC/HEXEN] Added support for additional widescreen weapon sprites from GZDoom v4.6.1
[HEXEN] Corrected brightmap names for Falcon Shield, Amulet of Warding, Icon of the Defender, Blue Candle

[bmplus_textures.pk3]
[DOOM] Brightmaps fixes for textures STEP1 and STEP5
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.9

Post by Xtyfe »

Looking at the definitions in slade, it doesn't look like these brightmaps support the full rotations of the player, zombie, shotgun guy and imp that are included in spritefix. The sprite fix also fixes the naming if rotations of the imp which are not supported either.

These were the only ones I looked at.

Disregard, the correct parts are at the bottom of the file. Sorry
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I would have been surprised if they had been wrong since I had been very thorough with those. Mistakes can always still happen, ofc. Thanks for your concerns anyway and enjoy the mod.
Delfino Furioso

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.71

Nash wrote:NightFright, I've made a complete set of brightmaps for your perk_enhanced mod (and thus removed them from said mod; it was a wrong idea in hindsight, to bundle that mod with brightmaps, since it's not only out of scope for the mod, but also because there's no way to toggle brightmaps at runtime).

I've attached it here. Whether you want to host this under the Brightmaps Plus project, or under Perk Enhanced, that's really up to you. :) I just provide the content.
there's something funny going on in gzdoom 4.7.0 when using both Nightfright's Enhanced Weapons and these brightmaps shared by Nash
when firing the rocket launcher, the muzzle flash sprites are not rendered correctly

here's a couple screenshot taken during the RL animation
Screenshot_Doom_20211003_022908.png
Screenshot_Doom_20211003_022909.png
this is with only PerkEnhanced and the PerkEnhancedBrightmaps pk3s loaded up in gzdoom 4.7.0 using the hardware opengl renderer
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Wrong thread.
Delfino Furioso

should I have posted it as a gzdoom bug? or in the weapon mod's thread?

sorry but I was under the impression that muzzle flashes are part of the brightmaps too
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

A better place to mention this would have probably been the enhanced weapons mod thread, I guess. (I am involved there as well, but actually also not that much any more by now.) Neither are the enhanced weapons mod nor Nash's brightmaps made for it directly connected to this project. I guess you had to post it somewhere and after Nash posted his stuff here, it seemed logical to assume here's the right place.

One way or the other, just pointing out it's Nash you gotta ask about this since he compiled the bms for the Enhanced Weapons mod.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”