[RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.08b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kabuto

Re: [RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.07

Post by kabuto »

Max Dickings wrote:If you're still open to suggestions, and speaking of which, something I would ____love____ to finally see - how about attempting a Duke Nukem Zero Hour weapon pack? It's never been done before ever to my knowledge, besides this mod I don't think went anywhere and the creator hasn't been online for a year. Zero Hour is criminally underrated.
Attachments
descarga.jpg
descarga.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
kipo

Post by kipo »

Max Dickings wrote:If you're still open to suggestions, and speaking of which, something I would ____love____ to finally see - how about attempting a Duke Nukem Zero Hour weapon pack? It's never been done before ever to my knowledge, besides this mod I don't think went anywhere and the creator hasn't been online for a year. Zero Hour is criminally underrated.
Those weapons look pretty cool, even for an old low poly model. Sadly the thread you mentioned has dead images and a dead download link. In-game footage would be nice. I can't make you any promises, but cool ideas grow on me over time.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Would it be possible to make a weapons only version of this in order to play with custom monster packs ?
I guess some option could be implemented to use the default doom enemies (which can be replaced by any monster pack). But this would sacrifice weapon-monster outcome in those monsters (they won't ignite on fire, recover from freezing, won't shrink, expand and more, won't have special deaths like from fire, plasma, etc. Would this be acceptable?
Fallingwater wrote:I'm encountering an odd problem that I'm positive I encountered before (months or maybe years ago) when trying to play a DN3D mod for GZDoom - not sure if it was this specific one.

I've thrown one pipebomb, which worked fine. However, when I blew it up the animation got stuck on Duke hitting the button on the remote. I switched to another weapon and now if I switch back to the pipebombs the animation isn't stuck anymore, but I can't use the weapon because the bombs blow up in my face the instant they're thrown.
That is a weird bug indeed, never heard of it. I even downloaded Maps of Chaos and everything went fine. The only thing I can think of is to try on a new clean gzdoom install (deleting or not using your current user ".ini" file). Does this happen all the time?, even when only using regular gzdoom and dn3doom? There was also some other guy with some pipebomb problem some posts ago (a different problem), which resolved by redownloading the mod, maybe your file got corrupted too somehow?
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

kabuto wrote:
That made me laugh out loud when I read that. Glad to see there's at least one other person out there who's heard/liked the damn game!
kipo wrote:
Those weapons look pretty cool, even for an old low poly model. Sadly the thread you mentioned has dead images and a dead download link. In-game footage would be nice. I can't make you any promises, but cool ideas grow on me over time.
Just happy to hear its not an outright "no" haha

Few things not in the video since it was a simple cheat grab -

I couldn't demonstrate the weapons you can dual wield -
First pistol, the M80 (probably could have just grabbed one off a dead enforcer...)
Revolver/Peacekeepers
MP10 SMG's

Nor the power-ups since there's no code for those -
Revolver/peacekeepers can have magnum slugs - fires 12 high damage rounds
Claw 12 pump shotgun can have an autoloader that fires 12 rounds in semi auto
I think you can upgrade the tripmines into electro-laser ones but I've never used the things to be honest
kipo

Post by kipo »

The game looks pretty cool, actually. The weapon roster and effects seem really nice.
I've been doing some research, and the best I could find was that someone ripped the game assets, but I couldn't find anyone making sprites out of the weapon models to use in eduke and DN3D.
Shame the first person view cheat does not show the weapons either.
I know you suggested some alternatives, but I would prefer sprites to be as close to the originals as possible.
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

kipo wrote:The game looks pretty cool, actually. The weapon roster and effects seem really nice.
I've been doing some research, and the best I could find was that someone ripped the game assets, but I couldn't find anyone making sprites out of the weapon models to use in eduke and DN3D.
Shame the first person view cheat does not show the weapons either.
I know you suggested some alternatives, but I would prefer sprites to be as close to the originals as possible.
I feel the necesity to help
This could be the pistol: https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/a ... sma-bolter
Attachments
descarga (1).jpg
descarga (1).jpg (3.09 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
PlasmaBolter.png
PlasmaBolter.png (2.6 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

The shotgun, it needs the handle and a mag: https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/a ... er-shotgun
Attachments
clawshotgun.jpg
clawshotgun.jpg (4.15 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
HunterShotgun.png
HunterShotgun.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

The lever action rifle from this mod could do: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49701
Attachments
rifle.jpg
rifle.jpg (3.97 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
rifle (1).jpg
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

The closest sprite I have found on the internet, needs extensive work: https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/a ... ision-mg40
Attachments
gatlinggun.jpg
gatlinggun.jpg (2.91 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
NecrovisionMG40.png
NecrovisionMG40.png (4.93 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

kabuto wrote:The lever action rifle from this mod could do: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49701
Actually THIS mod viewtopic.php?t=51132 has a reload for the rifle that looks exactly like in zero hour
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

A more fitting one handed doble burrel like the original: viewtopic.php?t=51132
Attachments
sawedoffshotgun.jpg
sawedoffshotgun.jpg (3.84 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Captura.jpg
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Hey thanks - saved me some searching, haha.
kipo wrote:but I would prefer sprites to be as close to the originals as possible.
This is -absolutely- outside my abilities since I only now figured out how to barely edit sprites, but -

I've been watching the development of SgtMkIV's Brutal Fate and he says it is super easy and fast to make weapon sprites by creating the 3d models of the guns, then take screenshots of them and turn them into sprites. Since we already have the assets ripped, I assume the models are included, would that be an ""easy"" solution to this? Hell most of the weapons don't reload anyway so reload animations could be safely ignored while calling it 'lore friendly' and reducing the amount of work needed.

e/ I just noticed you included the knuckle crack and "What are you waiting for? Christmas?" I really appreciated that
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

I made a video about Duke Nukem mods for Doom and covered your Duke Nukem mod as well :) Keep up with the good work.
kipo

Post by kipo »

Hey that's awesome. Thanks!
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i have that Duke Nukem Zero Hour weapons mod made by MetroidJunkie. chaingun's shooting sound does need a bit of work though
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:i have that Duke Nukem Zero Hour weapons mod made by MetroidJunkie. chaingun's shooting sound does need a bit of work though
Really ? i didnt know that mod. Can you share ?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”