DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ClessxAlghazanth

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Is there a way to disable the weapons/items being highlighted on the ground ?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Is there a way to disable the weapons/items being highlighted on the ground ?
The option is labeled as "Rarity beams" in the mod options menu, or you could play as a class that isn't Technician.
ClessxAlghazanth

wildweasel wrote:
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Is there a way to disable the weapons/items being highlighted on the ground ?
The option is labeled as "Rarity beams" in the mod options menu, or you could play as a class that isn't Technician.
I wonder if it is possible to make the game pause when PDA is open ?
I can't believe how I missed this mod back in the day... Have been playing it tons and enjoying all the details and depth :wub:
I used to play lots of Complex LCA before , how do you guys compare these two ?

Edit: Btw I'm not able to pick up armor shards , is this a normal behaviour ? (no armor equipped)
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20210703_202408.jpg
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

I think I mentioned it for the Nightmare Revenant already, but the Techvile also doesn't adjust aim for crouched players. Possibly others, it's super-cheesy. Also very nice description for the Nightmare Arch-vile. Breaking LoS does not stop the flame pillar of death it just stops tracking your position. Killing it mid-incantation still sees a bit of fire too.
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Edit: Btw I'm not able to pick up armor shards , is this a normal behaviour ? (no armor equipped)
They fix damaged armor, assuming it can be.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Bofubutt wrote:I've mentioned this before, but I definitely think something is bugged that prevents the Mortar and BFG Spider Mastermind variants from spawning.
ye, known for quite a while. Makes me sad, people don't get traumatized by mortar fire enough because of that.
Joey Diamond wrote:The Soulstorm rifle PDA description seems to be outdated. What does the 3rd artifact upgrade actually do? now that it no longer fires 6 projectiles. Just straight damage increase?

And Firestorm mod description still says 'has a chance to fire laser for 6 seconds' despite the changelog.
Heh, what isn't outdated and wrong anymore? I expect any future release is going to have a bunch of stuff like this wrong that needs reporting.

I've added a link to a new addon, done by the super cool and talented Muusi! It adds brightmaps to all the DRLA monsters, and they are extremely well done. This addon will in fact be part of main DRLA in the future, but it's available seperately right now so everyone can enjoy it without needing to wait for me to finally finish this goddamn sdsfdgfdkgnrlksjvnrfdhgnfn 'lkngd
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Yholl wrote:
Bofubutt wrote:I've mentioned this before, but I definitely think something is bugged that prevents the Mortar and BFG Spider Mastermind variants from spawning.
ye, known for quite a while. Makes me sad, people don't get traumatized by mortar fire enough because of that.
Interesting! Glad you already knew about it. Those are such well-implemented enemies, but Adaptive is my preferred way to play. (At least until I find the difficulty that makes sure I never have to fight an Abominant again without picking up a Demonic Weapon while still getting to fight the rest of the cast in a gradual ramp up. Those guys can bite me.)

I messed around with the DECORATE a bit and think I figured out how to work around this, though it basically just amounts to getting rid of the RLSpiderMastermindVariantSpawner actor and putting the RLSpiderMastermind, RLSpiderMastermindBFG, and RLSpiderMastermindMortar actors as possible drops for the RLSpiderMastermindSpawner and adjusting the drop rates accordingly to be roughly proportional, and chances are that's an inelegant solution anyway.
ClessxAlghazanth

For some reason DRLA says "%0 was killed by ..." in the console instead of my nickname

I'm playing with Shades of Doom & Champions monsters packs (with compatibility patch) , but even with playing DRLA monsters the situation is same

I'm using latest LZDoom devbuild (screen for reference)

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20210719_143636.jpg
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:For some reason DRLA says "%0 was killed by ..." in the console instead of my nickname

I'm playing with Shades of Doom & Champions monsters packs (with compatibility patch) , but even with playing DRLA monsters the situation is same

Thanks
That's an issue with Shades. It's fixed in the next release.
ClessxAlghazanth

Cyanide wrote:
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:For some reason DRLA says "%0 was killed by ..." in the console instead of my nickname

Thanks
That's an issue with Shades. It's fixed in the next release.
Thanks ! Great to know :)

By the way I'm greatly enjoying SoD , too :P It's my favourite monster mod atm. Lots of variety without going too much overboard 8-)

Looking forward to next release :)

Edit : When playing DRLA my doomguy always shows the crouching state on the player setup screen (I'm not crouching at that moment)

Is this known behaviour or is something wrong ?
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20210720_062421.jpg
Joey Diamond

Post by Joey Diamond »

The 1-shot weapon autoreload features in DRLA options doesn't work on the WSTE5/Marathon Shotgun.
ClessxAlghazanth

I sometimes get this issue in which all weapons become invisible after dying and restarting the level with the use key

I'm playing with Colorful Hell here but I think I've encountered this issue with other monster packs too

Anyone experienced similar issue ?

Best regards
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20210803_214629.jpg
argv

Post by argv »

Just found my first K-8 Matterstorm Harness, read the PDA description and…damn…I didn't know Kate was dead… :(
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

argv wrote:Just found my first K-8 Matterstorm Harness, read the PDA description and…damn…I didn't know Kate was dead… :(
Yeah :'( , actually some mods like this or Lithium does a Tribute to her.
Darklen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Darklen »

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:I sometimes get this issue in which all weapons become invisible after dying and restarting the level with the use key

I'm playing with Colorful Hell here but I think I've encountered this issue with other monster packs too

Anyone experienced similar issue ?

Best regards
Hmm, seeing the image you posted, you have the Fists equipped.

I'm not sure if by weapons becoming invisible after dying you mean that weapon sprites disappear but you can still use them, or if you mean that they disappear from your inventory, or that they simply unequip themselves.

So um, well. It might depend on what is actually happening. Without more context it seems to me that it forces you to equip your fists every time you die. (Or kind of simulates a pistol-start, somewhat like when dying and restarting a level on original Doom, or using the idclev cheat.)

Are you playing on GZDoom? Regardless, you might want to playtest first by playing without any mods and dying, and see if the effect is reproduced.

You could also reset the settings to the default specs and see whether or not that solves the issue.
Quake161

Post by Quake161 »

This is kinda off the beaten path, but what music was used for the startup?
I crashed out when using an outdated wad and the subtle tune caught me off guard.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”