Issues using PowerJumpHeight

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
OkDoomer174
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Issues using PowerJumpHeight

Post by OkDoomer174 »

I've been making a mod that backports Skulltag's actors to GZDoom proper, and I've run into a bit of a problem. I went to try out the High Jump Rune, and I discovered that it did nothing. I'll save you the rest of the story; I've attempted to give myself PowerHighJump through the console in GZDoom, LZDoom, and Zandronum, with my only success in the last one. Does anybody know if there are special arguments that need to be passed or if it's a problem with the engine?
Blue Shadow

Re: Issues using PowerJumpHeight

Post by Blue Shadow »

I don't know about Zandronum, but in GZDoom, PowerHighJump doesn't define a duration by default, which means it's 0. You need to create a giver for the powerup with the desired duration.

Return to “Technical Issues”