[1/31/2022] Doom Delta v2.5.0! (+ mapping starter kit!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [BUGFIX!] Doom Delta v2.2.1!

Post by kalensar »

marco.nadal.75 wrote:
Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
JuliusKoolius wrote:
TheOldKingCole wrote:
I'm having problems getting the mod to work with the most recent GZdoom.

I get these errors

Script error, "DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/hud_base.zsc" line 460:
Unknown identifier 'fullscreen'
Script error, "DoomDelta_v2.2.1.pk3:zscript/delta/hud_base.zsc" line 460:
Unknown identifier 'fullscreen'

How can I fix this?

P.S. Unless there is no way to fix this on GZ don't tell me to use another source port, I prefer to use GZ for mods
How do I use Slade to make that change? I have no idea how to code or how to use Slade at all, so I have no idea what to do...
I too had the same error with GZDoom versions 4.4.2, 4.5.0 and 4.6.0. Only version 4.2.4 works with Delta Doom 2.2.1. It may be a pain, but when getting such errors, the easiest way to get a mod to work is to use the exact same version of the executable that is specified by the mod author. New versions of GZDoom breaking older mods is par for the course, I'm afraid. I have a GZDoom 2.1.2 installed just so I can run LithiumHeat and DoomRogueLikeArsenal. At least you can copy the gzdoom-<username>.ini and autoexec.cfg from your existing GZDoom installation to the new version's folder.

I combined DeltaDoom with Doom The Way Id Did (dtwid.wad) for a true alternative universe version of my favorite game. I love the little instruction manual that was included, it is truly in the style of DOS shareware games of the day. Thank You Delta Doom All Staff!

I have question of my own: Didn't Hall's original Doom Bible postulate bullet holes (decals) for the walls? Normally I get those gratis in GZDoom and Zandronum, but Delta seems to turn them off?
Screenshot from 2021-06-02 19-30-19.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-02 19-29-13.png

Heres the fix. Just open the file in a notepad and go down to highlighted section of Line 460 and put the // at the same spot then save it. Fired right up for me.
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Re: [I LIVE! AGAIN!] Doom Delta v2.3!

Post by DrPyspy »

Doom Delta v2.3.0! It's gonna be a bit of a stankier release, so make sure to break it as much as humanly possible and report anything that may seem fucked up.

Download
Changelog
talisa

Post by talisa »

uuuugh fuck this new stupid unwanted protection bullshit from google drive that gets automatically applied to certain file-types....
the download link doesnt work, says you need to request access -__-

i immediately disabled it on all files that i had previously uploaded myself that got this new security thing automatically applied to them
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Should be fixed now!
talisa

Post by talisa »

works now 👍
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Are the enemies altered in the current version 2.3 in any way?

Was wondering if I can use Doom Delta only as a weapons/hud mod, but use a different monster replacer along with it.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Spaceman333 wrote:Are the enemies altered in the current version 2.3 in any way?

Was wondering if I can use Doom Delta only as a weapons/hud mod, but use a different monster replacer along with it.
Monsters do indeed have replacements in Doom Delta, but it should be perfectly okay to load a monster replacer afterwards! Just keep in mind that the shields probably won't protect from anything due to the damage types bein' different.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

DrPyspy wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:Are the enemies altered in the current version 2.3 in any way?

Monsters do indeed have replacements in Doom Delta, but it should be perfectly okay to load a monster replacer afterwards! Just keep in mind that the shields probably won't protect from anything due to the damage types bein' different.
Got it, thanks!
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

so i picked up infrared googles, but they didnt do anything,they are not in inventory too only shields, using gzdoom 4.6.1
Stubbs

Post by Stubbs »

Just a few issues I noticed...

The Berserk pack doesn't augment the bayonet in anyway from what I can tell.

Former Humans (of all types) don't drop souls at all, rendering the Dark Claw and the Unmaker useless. I tested this with Doom and Doom 2, as well as just with the mod standalone (I normally play with PyWeaponWheel).

Haven't noticed any other issues so far, but I'll keep an eye out.
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

Gorec wrote:so i picked up infrared googles, but they didnt do anything,they are not in inventory too only shields, using gzdoom 4.6.1
I experimented with having the infrared goggles using a dynamic light in place of the fullbright sectors, but unfortunately I forgot to clean it up before release. I'm going to get it down pat in the next release, though!
Stubbs wrote:Just a few issues I noticed...

The Berserk pack doesn't augment the bayonet in anyway from what I can tell.

Former Humans (of all types) don't drop souls at all, rendering the Dark Claw and the Unmaker useless. I tested this with Doom and Doom 2, as well as just with the mod standalone (I normally play with PyWeaponWheel).

Haven't noticed any other issues so far, but I'll keep an eye out.
This is a bit embarrassing; I forgot to keep the names of all the monsters consistent across the code! I'll have it fixed up in the next release.

As for some more NEXT UPDATE content, I'll leave a fun little gif here:

... you're going to need to actually click on the gif to see it move ... BUT! I hope to speak more about this fella soon.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

Eh, this one apocryphal is overrated, IMHO. Has this ever really been officially confirmed? The "flying imp" from the Bible can mean anything such soul/caco (in the in-game files they literally referred to them as "skull" and "head", I know.), as the imp himself was designated as "hell trooper", and the pinky demon as "sergeant".
DrPyspy

Post by DrPyspy »

SLON wrote:Eh, this one apocryphal is overrated, IMHO. Has this ever really been officially confirmed? The "flying imp" from the Bible can mean anything such soul/caco (in the in-game files they literally referred to them as "skull" and "head", I know.), as the imp himself was designated as "hell trooper", and the pinky demon as "sergeant".
I do speculate that the base concept of the flying imp eventually evolved into the Lost Soul, with the spikes and fire eventually being axed in favor of the charge attack. However, I thought it'd be fun to interpret the Doom Bible text into a new enemy, as there isn't really a lightweight flying enemy in the game currently (unless you count the Lost Soul in Doom Delta, who is super squishy!)
Stubbs

Post by Stubbs »

I like the idea of expanding the enemy roster, though honestly I'm more looking forward to how you'll bring back the grenade launcher and the 'Probjectile' (as honestly it's whole gimmick sounds interesting on paper).

The grenade launcher has me interested only because it's not even listed under the weapons in the bible... just the ammo types. Always wondered what was up with that (also it uses cells? Not missiles?)
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

This is a really cool mod. I very much enjoyed it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”