[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Linz

Re: [2.2a] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Post by Linz »

Is there a command that resets your cards?
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: [2.2a] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Post by Cutmanmike »

I noticed that once you've picked your game mode you can't change it without starting a new game. I picked custom game mode and now I want to alter the settings but it doesn't change anything until I start a new game. I'm roughly 4 hours into RAMP and starting over isn't an option. Is there a brute force way to change the gamemode? I can even alter the code if need be I just need to know where to look.
They cannot be changed once the game mode is locked in. If you want to brute force the code, look for things in main.zscript and generator.zscript that reference global.rules and force them to values you want. It'll be messy though.
Is there a command that resets your cards?
Not at the moment, you'll have to start a new game.
I also tried the disable command you listed above and while it does turn it off if I turn it back on by changing it to 0 the console spits out an infinite loop.
Do you have a screenshot of this? I couldn't get this to happen my end.
Cutmanmike

Re: [2.2b] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Post by Cutmanmike »

• Fixed Casali's Watchers only being offered for Pain Elementals (instead of every monster EXCEPT Pain Elementals).
  • Fixed a bug with 16th Sin where infighting monsters could kill 16 monsters themselves via infighting and spawn a monster.
  • Fixed a bug with 16th Sin (and others) where causing massive slowndowns on map start.
  • Monsters spawned with 16th Sin no longer add to the 16th Sin killed monster count.
  • Flight Enchantment can now be offered for Boss enemies.
  • Silence Enchantment no longer silences death sounds, but now mutes any teleport sounds made by the monster.
  • Monsters effected by the Treachery card will now occasionally turn on any nearby monsters that have low health, in an attempt to gain the damage buff.
  • Added the option to disable the Game Mode/Deck selection menus.
  • Added 2 new cards.
Download: https://cutstuff.net/public/CorruptionCards-v2.2ba.pk3
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Thank you!
I also really like the change to treachery.

Apparently there's a hidden update. You can now alter the custom mode on the fly. Thanks dude!
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Cutmanmike wrote:Monsters spawned with 16th Sin no longer add to the 16th Sin killed monster count.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo D:

this was such a good effect to create challenge/stalemates.
me and my mate play the game like a roguelike using 16th sin and the "spawn a monster every 100 damage" to decide when we lose based on if we end up with more monsters than we started with.
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Is it intentional for ice skating monsters to fall off ledges? It's still a really entertaining card, what with the uncanny speeds some monsters can reach. Coupled with Swiftness and Aggression, I've seen Pinkies reach Mach speeds and it's beautiful.
Also, is 'Unfinished Business' even in the compendium? I've never encountered it even with a low kill count, unless there are some other specific conditions needed for it to appear I've missed.

Might as well post those recommendations I had too:

Skill Exchange: A sort of variation of the Parasitic Card. When selected, one of your monster enchantment cards (Acid Blood, Swiftness etc) will effect a different monster class instead.
The Assassin: If for any reason the monster class chosen as an assassin is a Spider Mastermind or Cyberdemon, have their footsteps be muted/a decreased volume so their presence is less predictable. I'm not sure if the footsteps are hard coded, but I guess there is only so much you can do to hide such a large foe.
Ankle Biter: Take two of my motivator pitch. At the start of the map, a tiny, erratically moving, invulnerable but low damaging monster will spawn, pestering the player and following them around. Much like another card, the nuisance should be able to be stunned by taking enough damage, but not actually killable.
Lights Out: Makes the map pitch black. The only sources of light are projectiles and some map props. I tend to play with Brightmaps and Dynamic lighting on, so I'm not too sure how it will effect purists. Not that I have anything against them, we all have our own ways of playing. :wink:
General: Spectres should have their own portrait when selecting cards. Pinkies and Spectres are technically the same monster, but since they use the same portrait, I've gone a few maps wondering why Pinkies were effected by a card instead and visa versa. Maybe make the Spectre portrait half-transparency since noise would not go well with the card backgrounds.
Hot Feet: A monster class leaves a trail of fire as it moves, damaging players slightly who tread on it. Obviously cannot be offered to flying monsters.
Tank Enchantment: A monster class is immune to splash damage. It should still take damage from explosions, but only directly.
Titan: One monster is cursed. It is significantly larger and stronger than usual. Based off of the "Lord" boss monsters from an old mod called. "OMGWeapons" 'Titan' Monsters should be slower, have more health, fire upgraded/more projectiles and perhaps even shake the ground with each step (visually, not literally) serving as a miniboss.
EDIT:
Icy Treads: If it were possible to have the effected monster's animation speed reflect their current velocity, I reckon that would be hilarious. I've seen quite a few games do a similar thing, but if you need an example, I'll try to find one.
Mongoose Enchantment: A monster class' reactions are instantaneous, like on Nightmare!.

I hope these ideas interest you! Looking forward to your responce.
Last edited by UTNerd24 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

if a monster has "increased by one" card and "disguised as items" there will be only one monster
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Just discovered a Crash with the Mystery Eggs.
If two eggs occupy the exact same location and are destroyed, it causes an access violation. (tried to read address 0000000000000008)
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

UTNerd24 wrote:Just discovered a Crash with the Mystery Eggs.
If two eggs occupy the exact same location and are destroyed, it causes an access violation. (tried to read address 0000000000000008)
Are you certain that is the cause? What other mods were you running?
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

I think you really need to rework how any card that affects a species works. Most mods have base monster classes that all monsters inherit from for any special state or behavior, and what happens is the card suddenly affects ALL monsters involved. You should probably go down from the hierarchy of species from the selected monster, and not up. I had monster towers reaching ceiling height and even pushing to the sky...
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I had monster towers reaching ceiling height and even pushing to the sky...
That sounds like a good time.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

IvanDobrovski wrote:Most mods
Links to these mods? Cards that effect species will effect monsters with the same species name, there is no hierarchy. If monster A has the species "bob" and monster B has the species "bob", they will both get the effect. I do most of my testing with DRLA monsters as that has a species set up that makes sense. All zombies/former humanoids share the same species, so they share the card effects.

However if all/most monsters inherit from a base class that has a single defined species (i.e "myspecies"), that's a problem with the mod and probably need a special use case (or CCARDS lump) for.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Cutmanmike wrote:
IvanDobrovski wrote:Most mods
Links to these mods? Cards that effect species will effect monsters with the same species name, there is no hierarchy. If monster A has the species "bob" and monster B has the species "bob", they will both get the effect. I do most of my testing with DRLA monsters as that has a species set up that makes sense. All zombies/former humanoids share the same species, so they share the card effects.

However if all/most monsters inherit from a base class that has a single defined species (i.e "myspecies"), that's a problem with the mod and probably need a special use case (or CCARDS lump) for.
I'm playing this with QCDE, and all monster themes have a common ancestor. Some themes have the species setup to have a particular base class so they all have the same species. This is used to achieve certain effects (disabling infighting, projectiles going through etc.) and so considering their use cases for those it "makes sense". I'll put some more as I find, but so far that makes 4 particular monster themes to have this use case.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

IvanDobrovski wrote:I'll put some more as I find, but so far that makes 4 particular monster themes to have this use case.
Are those 4 monster themes part of the same mod? If so, that's just one mod, which is a perfect candidate for a CCARDs lump to define their own monster groups.

Species is the only universal thing that ties monster groups together in ZDoom mods which is why I use it. Trying to tie them together via inheritance is asking for trouble, modders are more likely to use inheritance poorly than use a species for every monster type.

I can look into making a CCARDs lump for QCDE.

Edit: Also what version of QCDE is this? No enemies seem to be sharing a species on the version I have.
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Cutmanmike wrote:
Are you certain that is the cause? What other mods were you running?
Positive. I started with Trailblazer when I first noticed the crash, so then I tried vanilla and got the same result.

...That was yesterday though. I tried it today and appears that SUMMONING an egg and then destroying it without the Mystery Eggs card in play will crash the game. My guess is that it's because it's trying to load the items in map, but is confused because it's being summoned without prior code or something.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”