[RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.08b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kabuto

Re: [RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.07

Post by kabuto »

edgymemester wrote: Making those alien snipers drop their railgun would also be nice, plus it could share an ammo type with the already included lameduke gun (plasma cannon). A whole new class isn't necessary, just a new weapon to serve an unfulfilled niche.
Im all for it. You could use that shadow warrior railgun customized sprtied from duke it out in doom. There is a gloveless version.
Attachments
screen18.png
screen02.png
Last edited by kabuto on Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

kipo wrote:Sorry about the weapons stuff, I'm not experienced yet with different weapon sets.
About the decorations, yes there is a way, it's in the options.
Dont worry . It was only a suggestion. And thanks for the telling about the decorations
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

A new idea that hit me (Pun intended). How about making a better melee? Im not asking something like the all ready mention kick ass mod but by able to throw some punches
Attachments
melee2.jpg
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

kipo wrote:Those are some solid suggestions, with clever ways to handle the implementation without affecting the current state of the mod, thanks.

About the buildified doomguy, you are right about ntmai, I guess I didn't give it much thought. It's just that I play a lot in coop so I thought it would be cool to have duke and doomguy fighting monsters from both universes together (someone suggested this idea some time ago and it grew on me).
So if a buildified doomguy is a no-no, how about a vanilla doomguy with enhancements?
It's your mod, I'm not a co-op guy but if that's your vision then go for it.

Years ago I watched videos of a Duke 3d mod called "Duke Nukem Attrition" in which the assault troopers would seldom drop their blaster. It didn't have a unique ammo type, instead it had to recharge after you fired it for a while. If you held down the fire button it could fire a super-charged shot if I remember correctly (maybe that could be an alt fire?). The sprites for it were also dope, see below. If you feel that the arsenal has room for it, perhaps it could be a cool addition that serves a similar role to Doom's chainsaw; a nice backup weapon for when you're low on ammo.
attrition alien blaster.jpg
attrition alien blaster.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
wran

Post by wran »

Nice update! The addition of DOOM monsters is shockingly cool and little details like Dukes voice over in the difficulty select screen and duke3d level loading screens are just lovely. One minor quibble: when playing certain mapsets with swimmable water (hontes doom 2 remaster for example), Duke is unable to crouch when in the water (admittedly, this is pretty nitpicky). As for suggestions, the only thing I can think of is that a ntmai-style swipe animation for keycards might be a nice touch. Anyway this is really great.
kipo

Post by kipo »

Cool stuff, thanks for the feedback.

About the water crouch, that's on purpose, it's supposed to mimic duke's swimming behavior. You cannot crouch in the air (with the jetpack) for the same reason.
wran

Post by wran »

ah that makes sense, thanks.
xY_Myrron_Yx

Post by xY_Myrron_Yx »

I think I ecountered a bug. When I have other weapon than pipe bomb or trip mine equiped I can't throw timed pipe bombs or proxymity mines. If I press the key to throw them nothing happens unless I switch to pipe bomb or trip mine (I use GZDoom 4.6.1).
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

Hey, i dont know how much you care about this but there are smooth versions of the duke nukem weapons (like smooth doom)

Here is a bunch of links about it:
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/11085-sm ... e-weapons/
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=60457
xY_Myrron_Yx

Post by xY_Myrron_Yx »

xY_Myrron_Yx wrote:I think I ecountered a bug. When I have other weapon than pipe bomb or trip mine equiped I can't throw timed pipe bombs or proxymity mines. If I press the key to throw them nothing happens unless I switch to pipe bomb or trip mine (I use GZDoom 4.6.1).
After I redownloaded the mod everything work fine. Problem soved.

I have 2 suggestions for future updates:
1) How about a enemy like the firefly but with freezethower instead of flamethrower
2) What if we could save the captured babes by pressing use (instead of saying "Kill me") and give as some bonuses like 5 HP
kipo

Post by kipo »

kabuto wrote:Hey, i dont know how much you care about this but there are smooth versions of the duke nukem weapons (like smooth doom)

Here is a bunch of links about it:
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/11085-sm ... e-weapons/
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=60457
That's awesome. It'll require some testing first to see how it goes.
kabuto wrote:1) How about a enemy like the firefly but with freezethower instead of flamethrower
2) What if we could save the captured babes by pressing use (instead of saying "Kill me") and give as some bonuses like 5 HP
1) The problem is that I'm not really good with sprites, so that's kind of hard (to make a new enemy). The only enemy that I think is ready for a freezethrower weapon is the scorpion tank.
2) That's a good idea.
xY_Myrron_Yx

Post by xY_Myrron_Yx »

kipo wrote: The only enemy that I think is ready for a freezethrower weapon is the scorpion tank.
Sounds good to me.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Yeah, can't say I'm too crazy about the idea of a doom-guy-style duke weapons since we already have Nobody Told Me About id.
kipo wrote:
kabuto wrote:2) What if we could save the captured babes by pressing use (instead of saying "Kill me") and give as some bonuses like 5 HP
2) That's a good idea.
I also really like that idea since we could do that in D64 and Duke Zero Hour.

If you're still open to suggestions, and speaking of which, something I would ____love____ to finally see - how about attempting a Duke Nukem Zero Hour weapon pack? It's never been done before ever to my knowledge, besides this mod I don't think went anywhere and the creator hasn't been online for a year. Zero Hour is criminally underrated.

Sprite-wise most of them are covered and there's already weapon sound rips floating around -

M-80 Pulse Blaster - Futuristic looking pistol
CLAW-12 Shotgun - Futuristic looking shotgun that can use the semi-auto fire powerup
Sawed-Off Shotgun - Already have one!
Peacekeeper .45 - Any revolver will do, can have the magnum rounds upgrade
Lever-Action .30-.30 Rifle - Few winchesters floating around
MP-10 SMG - Not sure if any SMG II sprites are out there, but the MP5k can stand in
Gatling Gun - Not sure
AGL-9 Grenade & Radium Cyanide Launcher - Could use the D64 grenade launcher sprites, red and green colors
Pipebombs - Got em
Dynamite - Blood
Freezethrower - So goofy looking anything will do
Gamma Cannon - Again weird looking but what a cool thing to see implented in Doom with the bolts bouncing everywhere
Volt Cannon - angled Quake 1 gun?
Havoc Multi-Launcher - Big tube firing three missles
CTX-2000 Tripbomb - Got em
BMF Thunderstrike - Sprite-wise not sure but basically the BFG 9k.

Anyway here's a list of them with a brief description if interested

https://legacy.3drealms.com/zerohour/weapons.html

Youtube doesn't seem to have an easy-to-reference video of the weapons in action but I own the game so if you were interested I could see about recording a video of all of them in action, just let me know if that's something you'd be interested in pursuing.

I'll try out the new version when I'm done my current hellbound playthrough, very excited to use the new shrinker alt
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Would it be possible to make a weapons only version of this in order to play with custom monster packs ?

Best regards
Fallingwater

Post by Fallingwater »

I'm encountering an odd problem that I'm positive I encountered before (months or maybe years ago) when trying to play a DN3D mod for GZDoom - not sure if it was this specific one.

I've thrown one pipebomb, which worked fine. However, when I blew it up the animation got stuck on Duke hitting the button on the remote. I switched to another weapon and now if I switch back to the pipebombs the animation isn't stuck anymore, but I can't use the weapon because the bombs blow up in my face the instant they're thrown.

Current fileset: latest release of GZDoom, DN3DooM, Maps of Chaos: Overkill (a map pack with no added gameplay elements)

Is there a fix for this?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”