gamma button (f11) not doing anything

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
MajorFoley

gamma button (f11) not doing anything

Post by MajorFoley »

So just did a fresh install on my PC and copied my GZdoom folder over. It seems like gamma correction isn't working anymore? I try to press F11 to raise it by 4 increments and while it says it does it im not noticing anything different in the game like i normally do. This is on Gzdoom 1.6. I do have newer versions where it seems to work but i remember it working on this version too.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: gamma button (f11) not doing anything

Post by Graf Zahl »

1.6 is ancient. I'm sorry but we cannot provide any support for something this old anymore.
The problem may simply be that hardware gamma correction does not work anymore with some more recent drivers. There's a reason why recent versions use software-based gamma correction.
MajorFoley

Re: gamma button (f11) not doing anything

Post by MajorFoley »

Graf Zahl wrote:1.6 is ancient. I'm sorry but we cannot provide any support for something this old anymore.
The problem may simply be that hardware gamma correction does not work anymore with some more recent drivers. There's a reason why recent versions use software-based gamma correction.
Fair enough. Thanks

Return to “Technical Issues”