Not properly FILTERing Plutonia Music

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Scuba Steve

Not properly FILTERing Plutonia Music

Post by Scuba Steve »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14ljkA ... iONSGn2QXr (Should play Plutonia community title song)

This work in every previous build, but the latest SVN builds are not properly filtering Plutonia music as set up here. I have not noticed the same issue with TNT.
_mental_

Re: Not properly FILTERing Plutonia Music

Post by _mental_ »

The filter for Plutonia is doom.id.doom2.plutonia. The sample uses doom.id.doom2.tnt.
Also, every previous build doesn't tell us anything. Please post exact version number(s).
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Link updated. It includes a filter for TNT and Plutonia. In the current build, TNT plays the title music properly, Plutonia does not.

The last version I was using before trying the recent build was compiled mid-march, version number gzdoom-x64-g4.4pre-100-g0c04cddd2
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

I've been testing this and it seems it is not properly filtering ANY music and instead using the original tracks instead of the tracks in the FILTER folder.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

How strange. On gzdoom-x64-g4.4pre-313-g331f3d85d, the filters do not seem to work for the file (or added stuff) in PK3 format, but if it is extracted to a folder, and run that way, it DOES work.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

Found the cause of the problem. When reading from the PK3, lump->Fullname lacks the prefix filter/ that should be at the front (so it reads doom.id.doom.plutonia/file instead of filter/doom.id.doom.plutonia/file as it should be), causing GZDoom to think there are no lumps in there when there are. As mentioned before, this does not occur if a folder is loaded instead.

I don't know how to fix this on GZDoom side, but it seems to have something to do with the library for reading zip files. Since the Filter folder is the only thing at top level, it seems to ignore that folder altogether and start one step in (since, from a navigational perspective, that folder does nothing). If anything at all is added to the root of the pk3 (even a blank text file), so that the Filter folder is not the only thing at that level, it correctly parses the filters. Thus, my guess is this issue lies in how GZDoom is reading the compressed archive.

EDIT: Problem seems unique to zip files; 7z does not have this problem either.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

Fixed in a528290. Can be closed now.
Warden

Post by Warden »

I believe this is still broken. I created a pk3 to autoload that changes the default skill choice of doom/heretic/hexen/strife to 4 (UV), but when the top level file is solely a 'filter' folder, none of the MAPINFO lumps get loaded. If I add any random blank entry to the top level, it works correctly.
Attachments
default-uv-menu.pk3
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's the top level folder eradicator at play - needed for directly launching Github repo downloads. It maybe should not erase a 'filter' folder.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=72824&p=1197079#p1197079

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”