Refracted Reality (Formerly Infinite Void)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Refracted Reality (Formerly Infinite Void)

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Hey, I'd hate to be that guy, but did you have permission to use Turbo Knight's "Rasengan" in one of the maps? It does seem to be edited to loop seamlessly.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Just got done playing through this mapset and I was simply blown away by the high quality of it all. The music, the level design, the colors, the encounters (though some were a bit too rough for my liking I did manage to make it through them)...absolutely outstanding work.

The only bug I managed to run into during my playthrough was on map 09. In the final arena, I think the exit is supposed to raise up once you kill all the monsters in the arena. That didn't happen for me. Either some flying enemies got pushed out of bounds so I couldn't kill them or you have to kill every monster in the map, including the ones before that arena. I think I might have missed some monsters prior to reaching that final arena and had to use "kill monsters" to kill the remaining monsters, which finally raised the platform to the exit switch.

Other than that, superb mapset. <3
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hi! Very good looking mod, congratulations! I'll look forward to play it and bring some feedback. :cheers:
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

These maps are seriously beautiful. Like it's hard to believe it's even Doom.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

hello, I hope you read this reply.

but I downloaded the final release from doom world. I currently have it running with the latest version of Beautiful Doom.

played through Elysium, but when I jump into the portal near the end, the game crashes.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

First of all, please stop calling VM abort a crash. These are two different things.

Did you try to reproduce the problem without Beautiful Doom? It doesn't abort with no mods loaded.
What's the point of reporting this here instead of Beautiful Doom's thread then?

Here is another test. Refracted Reality maps reset player's inventory when returning to hub level.
There are other map packs that do the same thing, DUMP Episode 2 for example.
Does Beautiful Doom work fine with these maps? No, it does not, and it aborts with the same callstack.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

so just ran it with Beautiful Doom 7.0 instead of 7.1.4, and used GZDoom 4.5 instead of 4.6. works fine now. thanks

Return to “Levels”