[RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.08b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kipo

Re: [RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.06d

Post by kipo »

Small update: new alt fires

It may not be too long for a new release

xY_Myrron_Yx

Post by xY_Myrron_Yx »

Hi, this mod is awsome. This mod and the Duke Nukem textures wad make's me feel like i really play a Duke Nukem game, not a mod for Doom. The only weird thing I find is the fact that the blood from the corpses and the footprints are vanishing after short time. I was looking in the files for that script so I can try to make the blood and the footprints not to vanish or at least to increase the time before they vanish, but I couldn't find it. I was wandering if anyone can tell me where is this script located.
kipo

Post by kipo »

Thanks, in the coming update there is already included an option to disable the vanishing on some actors. In recent videos you can probably notice that the gore is not disappearing.
xY_Myrron_Yx

Post by xY_Myrron_Yx »

Nice. Thanks for the info.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

As someone who loves Duke Nukem 3D, this is one of the best mods for Doom :)
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

I hacked together a new gloved version of the DN3D plasma cannon

https://www.mediafire.com/file/is2pl3xh ... 2.pk3/file
This file contains all the weapons with gloves, still.

The original link on page 14 will still have the Don Ramon rotary plasma cannon
kipo

Re: [RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.07

Post by kipo »

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and cool addons.

Bumping to announce a new release (v.1.07)! - download link on the first post
The main changes were already displayed on the previous dev. diaries, some highlights include:
New Duke enemies: N64 Trooper, Green Octabrain variant, Cyber Enforcer.
New alt fires for: Shrinker, Expander, Shotgun, Chaingun, Tripbomb.
New option to fight DooM enemies (they are improved to fit this mod, and their chance of appearance can be selected on a per monster, sector or level basis)

The last feature was not announced since it was a last minute addition (which took me longer to implement than I thought). The Doom monsters have been improved/buildified. Many thanks to the brutal doom mod on this for the aligned/improved doom sprites and extra death/gib doom sprites. The same thanks applies to the brutal wolfenstein mod for the wolfensetin SS sprites.

As for the next steps? Since there's already doom monster in here I was thinking of expanding the concept (this is DN3DooM after all).
So, what would you guys want to see next?
a. Add the Doomguy player class with vanilla-like enhancements (or even build-like enhancements?), or
b. Add more doom enemy variants (buildified, with toggles)

I know there's a third option (c), which is to add more duke player classes like kick ass, AA, etc, but that's a lot of work (like making a whole new mod inside a mod). If I set up a Patreon or something with a set goal for this, would someone be interested?
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

What about having the capabilty of having the duke enemies apart so you could play with the enemies, with others weapons mods ?
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

How about a shadow warrior class that is in the sane vain as the Duke himself in this mod?
kipo

Post by kipo »

kabuto wrote:What about having the capabilty of having the duke enemies apart so you could play with the enemies, with others weapons mods ?
I'm not too experienced with combining mods, but that should already work, right? I mean I'm using the default damagetypes like bullet, plama, explosion, fire, plus some other custom ones. So if a weapons mod is loaded after mine, and it replaces the duke character (or adds other character), it should work, I think?
Bobby wrote:How about a shadow warrior class that is in the sane vain as the Duke himself in this mod?
Interesting, it's in the same ground as adding other duke classes. The only problem is that there are no shadow warrior monsters to fight against.
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

kipo wrote:I'm not too experienced with combining mods, but that should already work, right? I mean I'm using the default damagetypes like bullet, plama, explosion, fire, plus some other custom ones. So if a weapons mod is loaded after mine, and it replaces the duke character (or adds other character), it should work, I think?
Nope. The mod ignore the weapons for other mods
Last edited by wildweasel on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Repaired your broken quote tags. Hint: in future, there's a "Preview" button you might use instead of resubmitting your post.
kabuto

Post by kabuto »

By the way theres some way to disable the decorations ?
kipo

Post by kipo »

Sorry about the weapons stuff, I'm not experienced yet with different weapon sets.
About the decorations, yes there is a way, it's in the options.
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

kipo wrote: As for the next steps? Since there's already doom monster in here I was thinking of expanding the concept (this is DN3DooM after all).
So, what would you guys want to see next?
a. Add the Doomguy player class with vanilla-like enhancements (or even build-like enhancements?), or
b. Add more doom enemy variants (buildified, with toggles)
I can't think of much else I'd ask for off the top of my head, I guess that's a sign you made a good mod :p

The cola cans (+1 health flask replacements) don't contribute to your portable medkit, so there's a nitpick. You could go full customization by including some more optional enemy variants (like the melee pigcop, which I believe I already brought up in this thread). Making those alien snipers drop their railgun would also be nice, plus it could share an ammo type with the already included lameduke gun (plasma cannon). A whole new class isn't necessary, just a new weapon to serve an unfulfilled niche.

Maybe duke nukem advance aliens? Some of them could work, like the grey alien (which someone already ported to doom 2 a while ago). If their sprites are too low rez then you could always upscale them like you did with the lameduke octabrain, but I think their art style blends in well enough already (at least as much as the N64 trooper does). That's all I can reach for in terms of new content, we already have NTMAI so the whole "buildified doomguy" idea sounds a little redundant to me.
kipo

Post by kipo »

Those are some solid suggestions, with clever ways to handle the implementation without affecting the current state of the mod, thanks.

About the buildified doomguy, you are right about ntmai, I guess I didn't give it much thought. It's just that I play a lot in coop so I thought it would be cool to have duke and doomguy fighting monsters from both universes together (someone suggested this idea some time ago and it grew on me).
So if a buildified doomguy is a no-no, how about a vanilla doomguy with enhancements?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”