You Fix It! - RC2.1 out!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: You Fix It! - RC1 Out! But not the end!

Post by yum13241 »

kevansevans wrote:
yum13241 wrote:I'm confused. If I want to start right now, which map should I "fix"?
You are to take Vostyok's E1M8 and work off of that one. Alternatively, we can all wait a bit for the next map to start work on and begin there.

Removed. Need more time.
Last edited by yum13241 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

Oh! I didn't know you wanted to start! You actually get to have three days to work on the mod, so if you want the E1M9 slot, go ahead and take some more time working on it!
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

kevansevans wrote:Oh! I didn't know you wanted to start! You actually get to have three days to work on the mod, so if you want the E1M9 slot, go ahead and take some more time working on it!
Did yesterday count? CTD time zone.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

yum13241 wrote:
kevansevans wrote:Oh! I didn't know you wanted to start! You actually get to have three days to work on the mod, so if you want the E1M9 slot, go ahead and take some more time working on it!
Since you put in work, yes this will count. Please have a map ready by tomorrow.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

kevansevans wrote:
yum13241 wrote:
Since you put in work, yes this will count. Please have a map ready by tomorrow.
Finished early. https://mega.nz/file/KdhxzQxT#TRyTeHxrS ... TdJL5GeKK4.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I think someone didn't read the memo.

Most of those Unknown Textures were included in the resources pack. They will come up as unknown if you are not using it as a map resource.
Spoiler:
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

Vostyok wrote:I think someone didn't read the memo.

Most of those Unknown Textures were included in the resources pack. They will come up as unknown if you are not using it as a map resource.
Spoiler:

I never touched the yellow key bridge.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Spoiler:
It seems to be up by default for some reason. Dunno why. But it breaks the sequence a little.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

Vostyok wrote:
Spoiler:
It seems to be up by default for some reason. Dunno why. But it breaks the sequence a little.

Ohhhh, I'll fix that.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Oh, sorry, quick one I just noticed!

Spoiler:
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

Vostyok wrote:Oh, sorry, quick one I just noticed!

Spoiler:

I'll do my best. As of 4:01 PM, when this was written, I don't have time, but will do it asap.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

In the meantime, I've converted the project into using Doom 2 as a base instead of Doom 1, which should make the project easier to develop with. This does come with the caveat that for any future episodes that rely on a Doom 1 map, the original will have to be included in the distributed version. I don't think this is too much as a problem, as my understanding of the original EULA states that as long as we're not shipping the original IWADS as a whole, that's fine to do. I would appreciate past participants to please look over their maps and make sure everything looks and works correctly before I feel comfortable with an RC2. https://github.com/kevansevans/You-Fix-It-

Map files have been renamed from E1M# to E1M1[letter] to avoid conflict with any future maps this project may accumulate. I'm also using SargeBaldy's Doom 1 textures for Doom 2 wad in this just to make the process easier and not have to go through trial and error finding the missing assets. https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/t ... or-doom-ii

In the meantime, I'll be looking over the E1M9. @yum13241 this is not meant to be a secret map entry just yet, so it will go into the regular line up if approved.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

kevansevans wrote:In the meantime, I've converted the project into using Doom 2 as a base instead of Doom 1, which should make the project easier to develop with. This does come with the caveat that for any future episodes that rely on a Doom 1 map, the original will have to be included in the distributed version. I don't think this is too much as a problem, as my understanding of the original EULA states that as long as we're not shipping the original IWADS as a whole, that's fine to do. I would appreciate past participants to please look over their maps and make sure everything looks and works correctly before I feel comfortable with an RC2. https://github.com/kevansevans/You-Fix-It-

Map files have been renamed from E1M# to E1M1[letter] to avoid conflict with any future maps this project may accumulate. I'm also using SargeBaldy's Doom 1 textures for Doom 2 wad in this just to make the process easier and not have to go through trial and error finding the missing assets. https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/t ... or-doom-ii

In the meantime, I'll be looking over the E1M9. @yum13241 this is not meant to be a secret map entry just yet, so it will go into the regular line up if approved.

UDB doesn't have a GZDoom Doom 1 UDMF, so I had to load doom.wad just for the textures I have some work to do anyway, so review it with these things in mind. I will send an updated version asap.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

Vostyok wrote:Hello!

See attached - zip file containing wads for e1m8 that can be dropped into project files. One version is the non-secret exit original. The second wad contains a secret exit, in the event that you wish to finish with map09. Included in both are the two fixes discussed above - a little more ammo and health available just before that dangerous part, as well as messing up the classic starting room, so that the later pristine appearance is more noticeable. Also removed three useless cell packs as nobody would ever need them where they are. No other changes have occurred, in keeping with the spirit of the original challenge.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lgy3ifq8 ... s.zip/file

To find the secret exit, if it doesn't become apparent during play:
Spoiler:
Echoing above comments, am wondering if there is such thing as too much E1M1, but more than 9 maps would be wonderfully deranged, either way.

Hello, putting up an image would really help, bc I am NOT going to play through the whole thing just to find what to edit out. Thanks!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Secret door

Just delete everything behind this -
Spoiler:
Kevansevans: based on comments in featured video, have alternative idea for activating secret exit. Let me know if you want to explore that if the current one isn't to your liking.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”