Project Re-Blood

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mick87
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Post by mick87 »

Added new Voxels patch that should be loaded after the mod. :)
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

Fantastic!
mick87

Post by mick87 »

Updated to 1.43.
Lemonore

Post by Lemonore »

A total blast for when I feel like blazing through a wad as Caleb! I loved Re-Blood so being able to mix it with any wad is perfect.

Here are some issues I ran into:
1) The barrels are still invisible, and TNT sticks still have no explosions (I'm playing 1.43)
2) Three melee weapons seem rather redundant, I'd say leave the pitchfork only (since the kick is on a separate bind anyway, and the machete's sprites use unique hands that don't match with the rest)
3) Spray Can is rather useless, especially considering it's supposed to be a sidegrade to the Napalm Launcher (which is pretty much Blood's BFG). I think it should get a buff, or at least an option to disable it.
4) The Winchester is neato, but seems to be outclassed by Tommy Gun. I think it could use firing and reload speed buffs.
mick87

Post by mick87 »

Lemonore wrote:A total blast for when I feel like blazing through a wad as Caleb! I loved Re-Blood so being able to mix it with any wad is perfect.

Here are some issues I ran into:
1) The barrels are still invisible, and TNT sticks still have no explosions (I'm playing 1.43)
2) Three melee weapons seem rather redundant, I'd say leave the pitchfork only (since the kick is on a separate bind anyway, and the machete's sprites use unique hands that don't match with the rest)
3) Spray Can is rather useless, especially considering it's supposed to be a sidegrade to the Napalm Launcher (which is pretty much Blood's BFG). I think it should get a buff, or at least an option to disable it.
4) The Winchester is neato, but seems to be outclassed by Tommy Gun. I think it could use firing and reload speed buffs.
Hi, regarding the barrels, have you checked the r_drawvoxels option? It should be set to TRUE because the barrels are only available in voxel mode at the current state. Which version of GZdoom are you using? Thanks
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

I'm playing on Lightly Broiled and choking hands still cant be shaken off. At this point maybe they should just be disabled.
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

I went through and made a few personal modifications to this otherwise super fun mod.
  • 1. Deleted Choking Hands entirely.

2. Stopped the spinning of the revolver after the altfire.

3. Shortened the Spin time on the revolver on the reload.

4 Removed all akimbo weapons from the equipment list. The Revolver Altfire is better than Akimborevolvers, and I hate the fantasy of reloading the akimbo-sawedoff.

5. Made Pistol so it could autofire and reload without releasing the mouse buttons.

6. Made it so the Lever Action could autofire but still fires at the same rate.
    also adjusted its ready state positioning slightly with

Code: Select all

{A_WeaponReady; A_WeaponOffset(-15, 28);}
    . Didn't help much but it gave it the look of more kick per shot.

7. Undead Hunter monster was too tall at 70 units because he would get stuck on ceilings. So lowered him back to 56. Doom Note: Barons, HellKnights and Skeletons are all 56 units in Height. With Monsters you can have Radius and Height larger than their actual display rendering. to control the rendering dimensions you use: Scale xof 0.1 to 4.0, or Width only by XScale<insert 0.1 to 4.0> , and YScale for Height <insert 0.1 to 0.4>
    So:

Code: Select all

Height 56
    Radius 20 // actual radius rendering dimension is double this number but 20 is the standard and 40 is the fattest normal monster
    Yscale 0.9
    XScale 0.85
    //or just use Scale 0.9 if you want both X and Y to be the same stretch.

@Author, I can send you a copy of my modified file if you want to see it.
mick87

Post by mick87 »

kalensar wrote:I went through and made a few personal modifications to this otherwise super fun mod.
Hi, I’ll take into consideration all the points except for the point 4 (just because I like the akimbo weapons :D). Send me a copy in private, so that I can analyze the parameters you used. Thanks
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Hi, I’ll take into consideration all the points except for the point 4 (just because I like the akimbo weapons :D).
Having akimbo weapons is fine, but they need a dedicated function so they aren't bloating the weapon slots.
Lemonore

Post by Lemonore »

mick87 wrote:Hi, regarding the barrels, have you checked the r_drawvoxels option? It should be set to TRUE because the barrels are only available in voxel mode at the current state. Which version of GZdoom are you using? Thanks
This fixed it, much appreciated!
mick87

Post by mick87 »

Updated to 1.44.
Linz

Post by Linz »

At least tell us what you even changed
mick87

Post by mick87 »

Linz wrote:At least tell us what you even changed
As usual, you can find the info in the changelog under the download link.
Ginji23

Post by Ginji23 »

This project is improving all the time. Thanks for your hard work and reciprocation to feedback!
mick87

Post by mick87 »

Ginji23 wrote:This project is improving all the time. Thanks for your hard work and reciprocation to feedback!
Thank you all for the very helpful feedback :thumb:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”