DOZvX- Doomed Over Zelda

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

DOZvX- Doomed Over Zelda

Post by kalensar »

This is a Zelda inspired mod that uses no Nintendo resources. Everything used is 100% Doom community.

Here's the download link
https://www.moddb.com/mods/lttd-link-to ... r-zelda-vx

Demo video

Changelog---

Nov 22-22- Had to do a minor but necessary fix to the E3m8 fights of heretic and Doom 1. Both are now unique to their own IWADs And are much less dangerous that what I originally uploaded. That said, they are not easy, BUT different.

Doom e3m8 ( or anything with a Spider Master) will still Spawn the same at start and proceeds into a different order of a 3 phase fight.

Heretic e3M8 is now a 4 Phase fight!!! Its definitely the harder of the 2, but manageable.

Gauntlets are not a Flame Wave Alt-fire same as a Maulotaur. Absolute trash on Ganon monsters, but will roast all the smaller stuff pretty nice.
Spoiler:

MAIN INFO SECTION

Advanced engine needed : GZDOOM
Primary purpose : Single player
===========================================================================

Title : DOZ- Doomed Over Zelda

Author : Kalensar

Misc. Author Info : Rabid Editor, and mod maker

Description : Monsters and Weapons pack

Info
This is for Doom 1 , Doom 2, and Heretic. It's inspired by Legend of Zelda.
No Nintendo resources were used in this production.

DOZ- Doomed Over Zelda is an overhaul of Medieval Doom. Practically everything has been overhauled in one form or another,
and custom monsters and weapons have been added from Realm 667 and tweaked by myself to give the best feel possible.

The evil Ganohn has taken control of "insert whatever" and it is your
task to fight off the army of evil full of Moblins and other strange magical enemies. You have 5 classes to choose from.

AUTHOR NOTE: --- My Advice: Enable Jumping,. Break every barrel you come across because they are basically Loot Chests. The Staff altfire is a Healing Spell that can heal you up to 200 health max. . Just drag and drop the newest version. This mod works with any map sets that run vanilla monsters and weapons. Bind Inventory Buttons so you can use the Inventory Items.

CLASSES AND STARTING WEAPONS:

I.SNES Mode- Fresh Link-- Shield reflects and deflects from the front and can stop Melee attacks too. Works well but has to be aimed
roughly centerd on crosshair. Crouching affords extra protection as well.
Hold Primary fire to do Sword Hold and release a AoE Attack
"Spin" attack(doesnt spin, just Good smooth, but basic animation cobbled togetherby me). Right Click for Boomerang.
II. NES Mode: Hero Link- Built to mimic Zelda 1 Style play, he holds his shield with most weapons. Shields all operate the same as Fresh Link.
He starts with the largest armory of all classes and is definitel the easiest to start on.
III. Baratus: Warrior-- Starts with a Fists
IV. Medihv :Wizard-- starts with Full Crystal mana, Magic Book that only he gets and Wizard Punch attack(no-altfire).
V. Shamino-Sorceror-.Starts with red Wand and Wizard Punch--- Ode to Corvus
VI. Clera: PaladinS Shield and Mace(Altfire is a free healing Spell and Shield works Same as Link.

WeaponSlot 1, Kingslayer,
WeaponSlot 2, Default per Class
WeaponSlot 3, Boomstick,Bow
WeaponSlot 4, Crossbow, IMpalerCrossbow
WeaponSlot 5, Hammer, Bombs
WeaponSlot 6, wand,Trident
WeaponSlot 7, Mastersword,Magic Gauntlets

Weapons to be found:

Hylean Bow: A Magic bow that shoots a Freezing arrow on the Altfire that uses mana ammo shared with the wand and costs 5 mana per shot. You can press and hold and release with both firing types.

Hylean CrossBow: Fires bolts. Altfire shoots an Exploding Fire Bolt. replaces Shotgun spawn.

Megaton Hammer: Hybrid Melee and Ranged Weapon. Altfire throws an exploding hammer. main fire swings a slow melee attack that also does a damaging shockwave centered on you, but doesn't hurt you.
Relaces the Rocketlauncher spawn.

Hylean Wand: straighforward and simple weapon Primary Fire shoots a piercing Lightning Bolt. Alt fire casts a Healing Spell that can give you 25 hp per casting up to Max 200 health. Mainfire costs 1 mana per shot, heal spell costs 24 mana per cast. Replaces Plasmagun spawn.

Archmage Gauntlets: Gauntlets that drain health on melee attack. Part of BFG spawn or the Master Sword. Altfire shoots BFG Ball. Main Fire costs 15 mana per click. BFG Ball costs 40.

KingSlayer: Replaces the Chainsaw. A two handed cool looking sword. main fire swings super fast. Altfire does a short sound time charge up that cen be held until release and shoots a strong fireball. No ammo needed.

Royal Hylean Trident- Has only a primary fire. Used by all classes except Slayer. uses Mana ammo. AltFire is a melee attack. Poke Poke.

Impaler Crossbow: A strong Crossbow that fires fast.Altfire is triple shot that shoots comfortably fast.

BoomStick: A single barrel shotgun that reloads fast. Uses arrow ammo due to a magic primer.

Master Sword: Main fire does Sword beam when at 100 health or Higher, hold to charge and release Spin Attack. Altfire is Light Arrows.
Also supplies a Reflecting Hylean Shield

INVENTORY ITEMS:

Hylean Potion: a Purple Potion that reflls your health to 100 when used. Automatic use if in Inventory when health goes below 50.

Fairy: Works the same as Hylean Potion.

Holy Armor: Fills Armor to 800.

Hylean Wings: You now have the power of Flight when you activate these.

Ghost Cloak-- AKA Invisibility Cloak. Must be actiavted manually from Inventory.

============================================================

MONSTER Cast: monsters are now randomized. This doesn't mean an Imp Spawn will spawn a Cyberdemon level monster.

WoodenBarrel replaces normal barrels: destroy to pick up ammos, weapons and food. All randomized. Sometimes Bees infest these!!!!

Stalfos: A naked skeleton that is melee only

Zol: a solid shadow with a nasty taste for meat. When it dies it spits out Gels.

Gel: A smaller version of Zol but doesnt do death spawns.

Zora: a Snake creature that shoots energy balls

Keese: a giant aggressive black Batgoyle.

Stalfos Knight: Throws axes.

Octorok: Tentacle monster that is never caught off guard and shoots red balls.

Leever: Melee only monster that sinks below the floor and attacks in close.

Moblins: Little armored imps that melee and shoot arrows.

Wizzrobe: Flying wizard that is invisbile until hit or attacks

Moblin WarLord: Bigger Moblin that shoots many arrows at once.

Fallen Hylean Legionairre: A heavy armored melee only warrior. Deflects attacks from the front.

Goriya: Giant 2 headed troll that throws maces.

Gibdo: giant mummy that shoots a partially seeking projectile.

Wendigo: Ice monster

Daemonic Wizzrobe: Ground demon lady that shoots a wave of fireballs.

Gargoyle: Shoots a Bat shaped projectile

Reiver: undead flying wizard that shoots fireballs

Vire Lord: Flying Cloaked dude that shoots bats , Keese and gargoyles.

AquaMentis: a mean lizard fire breather

Maulotaur; Bipedal bull that can ram and throws fireballs.

BOSS MONSTERS: These guys are also randomized. SpiderMastermind is replaced by Ganohn/Cheoghganon or GanohnTaur. Ganohn never replaces a Cyberdemon spawn.
Likewise: Archvile spawns will be a Boss Monster that is most appropriate to Archvile spawns.

Baron of Darkness: The chiefs of Ganohn's minions.

King Wizzrobe: Rides an Aquamentis and will fire lots of different projectiles.

GanohnTaur: The OG Maulotaur of Heretic.

Ahganim: Black robed Wizard

Ganohn, Ganohn2, Cheoghganon : This is a 3 Phase fight that was built for E3M8 on Doom 1 and Heretic!!!!
This fight is really hard. Be careful of Maps with Spider Masterminds, as she is the replacement target

Special Thanks : Medieval Doom @ zdoom forum by Lagi
And Bitter Heretic by Lagi

BLASPHEMER PROJECT for Textures, Sprites, sounds, Font and so much thanks I feel like giddy child again!

Realm667 repository for: Vampire Monster, Crimson Disciple, Cheogh, Converterted Legionnaire, Thor, Magic Bow, Frag Grenades,
Crash monster soundfiles, Heaven Guard, Trash Monsters, Hornet, Azazel, Dune Warrior, DaggerfallSkeleton,
Impaler CrossBow, Succubus, Western Shotgun. Firewand

Conan The Barbarian: Warrior of Doom(Beta 8)
Postby xenoxols at Zdoom forum For Shield sprite and Skull Sword sprites and Greatsword.

Castlevania Simon's Destiny by Batandy
Dracula sprites, sounds and Giant Bat sprites. Simon Sounds.

Heretic and Hexen for multiple sounds and sprites.

* What is included *

New levels : No
Sounds : Yes
Music : No
Graphics : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch : No
Demos : No
Other files required : Doom2.wad ; Doom.wad; Freedoom wads, Heretic or Blasphemer.

* Play Information *

Game : Any doom wad, freedoom, Heretic or Blasphemer
Single Player : Designed for

Other game styles : None
Difficulty Settings : YES!
Tested : GZDoom

* Construction *

Base : Medieval Doom, Bitter heretic, Blasphemer
Build Time : On going since April 20th 2021
Editor(s) used : GZDoom, GIMP, Notepad, Slade
Known Bugs : Cannot play maps that involve trapped beginnings require a Pistol shot to release a door.
This is not an over sight by me. I simply will not implement a fix for this
SIGIL e5 Doom 1 is SAFE to play despite this problem!!

* Copyright / Permissions *

The Majority of this project spawns from Medieval Doom and Realm667.
All edits of code that variate from their original forms are all from me, Kalensar
All assets from Realm667 are included in the Credits folder as Asset Wads that are edited by me.
Lagi Gives express permisions to use his material! Which is majority base of this project.
That Folder is wide open to use on any projects! If questions are needed just ask.
Last edited by kalensar on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 34 times in total.
kalensar

Re: LTTD: Link to the Doom. A Zelda inspired mod.

Post by kalensar »

Big UPDaTE!!! 4/22/21
kalensar

Re: LTTD: Link to the Doom. A Zelda inspired mod.

Post by kalensar »

Big update again. Update to version 1.3. Main Post is up to date except the video, even though the battle mechanics are the same. Bosses and monsters have been upgraded along with randomized loot barrels replacing all the barrels.
kalensar

Re: Link to the Doom v2.0 now with CLASSES ! Zelda inspired

Post by kalensar »

Game changing update. Updated the main post.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Updated the download link. Apparently I forgot about that after I did my last giant update on the classes. Major whoops.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Added a link to a demo video. No updates are being considered for the time being.
kalensar

Re: Link to the Doom v2.5 Zelda inspired.

Post by kalensar »

Updated main post with new version upgrade to version 2.5
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Uploaded a new demo video link to the main post.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Could you implement different arrow types, different shields and their upgrades, the master sword and it’s upgrades, and the hookshot. I’m going to try out this mod as soon as I can.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Bobby wrote:Could you implement different arrow types, different shields and their upgrades, the master sword and it’s upgrades, and the hookshot. I’m going to try out this mod as soon as I can.

Okay Bobby, So this response is going to sadden you , clear up some misconceptions and hopefully excite you too.

-- There are already 3 different arrow types. 2 of them are on the crossbow and one on the bow: Crossbow mainfire is an exploding arrow and the altfire is a piercing lightning arrow that acts like a railgun, The Bow altfire is a freezing arrow that can freeze and shatter many of the enemies. The ones that it can't freeze instead just take the strong damage of the Ice Arrow . The mainfire arrows on the Bow have a 96/255 chance of spawning a new arrow to pickup emulating the arrow not breaking.

--- There is ONE shield and it is literally the most OP Object in the game as it completely stops all damage including damaging floors while the shield is showing on screen. Every other Weapon choice doesn't show the shield as the it supposed to emulate that you need 2 hands to use the others. Linc is the only Class that gets that Shield+Sword combo. The sword swing drops the shield protection and the altfire does an emulation of the Spin Attack which is a fast sword hit combo followed by an explosion centered on you. Linc is basically the Easy Mode class as he is the only one that gets the OP shield.

--- The Hookshot probably will not make an appearance for ONE specific reason: I don't build weapon animations via art work. This entire mod uses resources from Medieval Doom, Conan The Barbarian Doom and from Realm667. I just did heavy scripting changes on every aspect of this entire mod to make it what you see before you. Scripting also includes ordering the animations into the desired visuals. I did not build or draw a single sprite in this entire mod.

--- I do have plans for future updates that will make the Classes have their own unique weapon sets. The good part is that the Monster roster are basically finished. I'm also pondering adding a monster randomizer on top of the current set of finished monsters.

--- This is not meant to be a 1:1 Zelda clone. Inspired does not mean copy. This is supposed to retain the Doom/Hexenish feel as well.

--- My Advice: This mod has a custom difficulty settings. It is HARD from Normal on up even to me as it's creator. If you want the most balanced experience then start as Linc because his Shield will give you plenty of breathing room. Enable Jumping, and use the secondary Status Bar, not the vanilla status bar with Doomguy's face showing. Break every barrel you come across because they are basically Loot Chests. The Staff altfire is a Healing Spell that can heal you up to 200 health max.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Thanks for the heads up. Keep up the good work.
kalensar

Re: Link to the Doom v2.75 Zelda inspired.

Post by kalensar »

Updated to version 2.75. Updated main post entirely. demo video is only slightly out of date but combat is the same.
kalensar

Re: Link to the Doom v2.75 Zelda inspired.

Post by kalensar »

Updated main post with an up to date demo video.
kalensar

Re: Link to the Doom v2.99 Zelda inspired.

Post by kalensar »

Updated main post for new awesome update!
kalensar

Re: Link to the Doom v2.99 Zelda inspired.

Post by kalensar »

updated a weapon spawn issue. please re download if using GZDoom 4.6

Return to “Gameplay Mods”