[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: [Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Release (v3.0)

Post by ZikShadow »

salahmander2 wrote:I'm glad you did take some direct inspiration from Downfall after all, more ways than one in fact. I never came across Krebs or Jodl. Makes sense. Krebs had to tend to his fish and Jodl most likely objected to Hitler's plan and left. :P
Probably more inspired directly by the movie itself rather than the memes that have come from it over the years.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Of course. I couldn't resist making a reference to Hitler Rants Parodies of course. :P
Andretti

Post by Andretti »

C3M4 keeps crashing and sending me to the main menu. Every time. Right here. https://ibb.co/HNQhSRK

I think it is caused by the falling debris and explosions script. Once I pass the trigger point the map crashes soon after. It doesn't matter if I hold still, move forward or go back.

The error in the console. https://ibb.co/pwrdFbT

Any help please? Would really like to finish this mission and then the rest of C3.

edit: Even though the crash did not happen in the same place, I fixed it by editing fire.zs like it says here https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues/587
Last edited by Andretti on Sat May 22, 2021 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Captain J wrote:Anyhoo i really don't want to bring something might be heavy to you dev team but i've been wondering: Is C3M1_A is a homage to the project, Sonderkommando Revolt?
Isn't my nick in project's team enough? :) And related easters inside the level?
Spoiler:
If you played even a bit of Origins (there is a Remastered edition of it released this year BTW) - you'd recognize the animations and the scenery (even as mutants, they are obvious), only MACres this time.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-ei ... /downloads
I don't know more about it 'cept i saw the old trailer of this and soon became Operation Eisenfaust: Origins after having some controversy.
You can read more here:
https://wl6.fandom.com/wiki/Sonderkommando_Revolt
I'm seeing textures and sprites kinda resembles to the original project's.
About sprites? You don't say... :D :lol:
Well, textures are related to camp textures, so it's not a reference I think - just both mods having same ...historic theme behind them. But yes, one of those in particular reminds - for said reason - Sonder/Origins texture, first one you see in Origins.
Last edited by doomjedi on Sat May 22, 2021 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Goodness me. I remember playing Operation Eisenfaust: Origins aeons back, but I completely missed this blob of history that precedes it. What a mess.
I suppose with Geheimnistrager being in BoA, the deep want has finally been fulfilled to some capacity, hmm.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Yes, DoomJedi is happy :)

It's the ultimate and final closure, after and least 3 other "revenges" :)

1. Sonder underground release of private copies to over 40 selected people which didnt leak to this day, including underground "mod of the month" award.
2. Origins original release and recent remaster.
3. Participation in a documentary.
4. BoA :)
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

0mnicydle wrote:Here’s an updated guide for those with high end systems (and high end systems only--you have been warned!) who want the absolute best possible experience with the BoA C3 initial release utilizing the custom mapinfo I made earlier today (which forces all model textures and sounds to be precached, resulting in an absolutely monumental reduction of asset related frame time transients), in addition to all the other methods of “ensmoothening” :lol: the experience I’ve discovered thus far.
  • 1. Download initial BoA C3 release package and extract to its own (empty!) directory.
  • 2. Download the three packs I’ve linked below (one for scripts, one for forcing precached assets, and one for config files), and drop all three packs as-is into the same directory as the boa.exe.
  • 3. Inside the config pack is an 0mni.cfg and gzdoom.ini; extract these files to the same directory as the boa.exe. It is very important that if you did not follow directions and aren’t starting with a fresh install that you delete any personal ini files with your username that already exist here so that a new one is created using the autoload defaults I’ve provided.
  • 4. Launch the game either via boa.exe or the launcher. Please keep in mind that your game will take longer to startup now and that is perfectly normal. On my system startup time went from 5 seconds to 20. Trust me, if you want the smoothest experience it is very much worth it.
  • 5. Open the console and type “exec 0mni.cfg” without quotes (and that's with a leading zero, not the letter O), at which point my recommended default settings will be loaded and the game will exit to force you to restart it. The game will now be using Vulkan, so if you can’t use Vulkan, well then I guess you didn’t pay attention when I said this was for high end systems only.
  • 6. Enjoy this freaking amazing mod that’s so good it got me to go through all this effort to get it running this way! :rock:
A note about my config: Normally I also have SSAO cranked to max, bloom enabled, and shadowmaps enabled, but since they’re expensive they aren’t on by default in the config. Turn those on if you have a good rig cuz it all looks great in this, but do not enable any BoA specific post process effect I haven’t turned on. Also I have a VRR monitor so vsync is enabled; if you don’t like vsync turn it off. I also have some aliases, with “lodtoggle1” bound to the V key. Bind it to something that suits you better, but use this for low fps situations to get a big fps boost.

I will be making an updated precache pack as the mod is updated as needed if the mod authors do not take it upon themselves to include it as an option (because it’s super easy to make), but as soon as the next release comes out the script hacks will for sure no longer be necessary. Also, my cfg already includes the cvars being added to future versions which will address the issues the hacks were created to circumvent in the first place. See this post if you are interested in what the script hacks are doing exactly, but ignore anything about texture resizing; it’s no longer needed now that we are precaching.

If you’re curious about the most important settings in my cfg that affect smoothness in the current version, off the top of my head they would be:

gl_precache "true"
vid_preferbackend "1"
boa_mblur "false"

But there may be something else in there having an effect I’m not aware of, so just in case there’s some magic combo going on here I felt it important to include the exact setup I’m using for reference as a fallback.

EDIT/ Oh yeah, if you want one more little reduction in interruptions go ahead and disable autosaves, though beware it seems some autosaves (picking up clues for instance) can't be avoided even if you have this set to never. :(

DOWNLOAD: Script Hacks
DOWNLOAD: Precache Pack
DOWNLOAD: Config Pack
Oh god this help me a lot with performance. Now game run smooooth without lags :thumb: Thank you for this
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Heads up, guys, someone’s posted sheets of your sprites on The Spriters Resource without your permission (didn’t even credit doomjedi or the other artists):
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... deofagony/
You should put up a disclaimer regarding the distribution of your content to prevent this from happening again.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

We are aware of this, it was posted months ago, and we got it removed till BoA release.
After release date we said it's okay, but lack of credits is very disturbing.
Torm, please contact the site again and get it removed unless my credits are added.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:Heads up, guys, someone’s posted sheets of your sprites on The Spriters Resource without your permission (didn’t even credit doomjedi or the other artists):
https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... deofagony/
Thanks for the hint but said link isn't working.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Trust me, the category dedicated to your project was there and already ripped hefty of sprites. But now it's gone. I guess one of your crew send a notice to the website manager and it's all golden now.

Speaking of which, i'm actually seeing some Categories of other Doom TCs and most of them are uncredited. Kinda should do something about this for the sake of creator's respect.
Ninlhil

Post by Ninlhil »

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I didn't see it.

Has anyone else had a repeated problem where the game screen freezes, but the game continues playing?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I remember hearing about this before, was it in C1M6 by any chance?
Someone else had a problem where their screen went black in that map, but only on certain areas. Found out that it was the sandstorm shader that their GPU apparently didn't like.
I have it turned off on my end as well, blasted thing practically halved my FPS whenever that effect came on, though oddly sometimes it still comes up when I reload a save. Had to do the ol' console "remove sandeffectgiver" to really kick the thing off.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Ninlhil wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up before, I didn't see it.

Has anyone else had a repeated problem where the game screen freezes, but the game continues playing?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70121
Ninlhil

Post by Ninlhil »

ZikShadow wrote:I remember hearing about this before, was it in C1M6 by any chance?
Someone else had a problem where their screen went black in that map, but only on certain areas. Found out that it was the sandstorm shader that their GPU apparently didn't like.
I have it turned off on my end as well, blasted thing practically halved my FPS whenever that effect came on, though oddly sometimes it still comes up when I reload a save. Had to do the ol' console "remove sandeffectgiver" to really kick the thing off.
Actually, it happens numerous times in all kinds of levels, but I've not been able to pin down something that seems to trigger it. It's only happened when playing BoA, haven't had it happen when playing any of the DOOM games which I just binged.

Rachael brought up the Intel Graphics issue, so it sounds like the could be a "Me" problem, not a common one.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”