Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.5) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
nexus_6

Re: [WIP] Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.1.1)

Post by nexus_6 »

So, uh, what do you do in this situation?

Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Just noticed the Firestorm was credited to Dox778. The Mike12 basis was actually edited by me, but some of these bits aren't mine. Just to clarify. =v
nexus_6

Post by nexus_6 »

Fixed btw - GZDoom has an option to disable menu scaling
DustedPandemonic

Post by DustedPandemonic »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Just noticed the Firestorm was credited to Dox778. The Mike12 basis was actually edited by me, but some of these bits aren't mine. Just to clarify. =v
Awesome, thanks for letting me know!
DustedPandemonic

Re: [WIP] Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.1.2)

Post by DustedPandemonic »

Did another quick bugfix release, should hopefully be the last one.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KNgR8d ... sp=sharing

Changelog: https://pastebin.com/LFwgwp2Q
pfred1x

Post by pfred1x »

What am I missing to get this to play?
Using the command:
gzdoom -iwad DOOM2.WAD -file Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3
does not seem to work?
I just get this:
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 4: Default blocks currently disabled in mixins
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 22: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 55: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 88: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 161: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/armor/armorbase.txt, line 48: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function AbsorbDamage

So I am thinking that I am missing something. I am using
GZDoom g4.4pre-34-gb453c87b7 - 2020-02-08 03:07:06 -0300 - SDL version
Compiled on Feb 8 2020
Is my GZDoom too old?
I had that problem with Project Brutality once. No web search I have done has given me any ideas what I need to do. So I figured I'd try asking here.
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

Yeah, upgrade your GZDoom. That version is something like 15 months old. It should work with 4.5 just fine. I'm using the latest dev build and it works as well so you can always try that too.
peido

Post by peido »

Hi.
Thank you for your work on this, I became aware of Pandemonia by watching UltraViolence playthroughs of Back to Saturn X on YouTube, and I decided to start playing it as well.

Anyway, I detected a small bug, but I don't know if it's a Pandemonia bug or a Back to Saturn X bug: Liquid Water becomes still (doesn't move) if playing Back to Saturn X with Pandemonia, but Liquid Acid works fine.
There is a pool of Liquid Water almost at the beginning of map 1 of episode 1 of Back to Saturn X where this problem can be seen (and there is a pool of Liquid Acid a little bit further).
I have also tried Back to Saturn X with PBR Liquids and without Pandemonia, and the same error occurs.
This problem can also be seen in UltraViolence playthroughs.

Thanks.
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

Someone more knowledgable than myself would have to explain why that happens for certain but as far as I am aware it has to do with how BTSX animates its water. See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54601 for more information.
I've ran into quite a few mods that have caused the water animation to break in BTSX and there is a smooth fluid animations patch that I've used as a workaround that is available here...
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59373
peido

Post by peido »

Thanks. Using Smooth Fluids for BTSX made the water move again :)
Deon

Post by Deon »

Could someone help me understand what is Demon Energy for, please?
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Deon wrote:Could someone help me understand what is Demon Energy for, please?
Ammo for demonic weapons. There's one in slot 5 and a rare one in slot 7.
Okinell

Post by Okinell »

First of all. Amazing MOD!. Having a blast so far.

However, recently I've stumbled with an issue while I was playing in the DOOM Zero wad. No matter how much I try. I can't take the plasma gun. I reach to it but nothing happens. In order to see if it was a problem with the wad itself I decided to test that same map (Map04) with other weapon mods (Brutal Doom, Doom Tournament and LegenDoom). Everything went smoothly by the time I reached the plasma gun with the other mods.

Another idea that I had was that maybe the order was related with the problem. So I decided to change the order of booting by placing the mod at second place( This is the original order I used: 1.Pandemonia V2.1.2, then DoomZero.Wad and Doom3 sounds. pk3). What I got was a Golden-Black Cyberdemon just frozen in the place where the plasma gun should be. That sight scared the s*** out of me when I saw it for the first time XD.

If you can tell me where should I look at in order to fix the problem, I would appreciate it.

Have a wonderful day
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

nexus_6 wrote:

Fixed btw - GZDoom has an option to disable menu scaling
I'm having the same issue , can I ask where the said option is ?
Tomi Ivasword

Post by Tomi Ivasword »

I noticed, that my hud is somehow gone and I asked myself if this is normal, but I think not, since you don't get a hud when I do give all in the console. I'd find help quite nice.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”